Chapter 2. Loneliness

Chapter 2. Loneliness

A Chapter by Legolas

The bell rings, sounding the end of class and the start of lunch. I get up from my desk and shrug my backpack onto my shoulders. My eyes search the mob of people walking out of the classroom and then I find who I am looking for. The girl I first laid eyes on when I came into the class. She is walking side by side with another girl with blonde hair and a couple inches taller. I walk forward in a sort of daze, my eyes never leaving the girl. I accidentally bump into a big, muscular guy with shaggy dirty blonde hair.
"Hey! Watch it!" he barks at me, his face reddening with rage.
"I-I-I'm sorry," I stutter quickly slipping past him and out through the door. 
I am met by a rush of people anxious to get out of class. I look down at a piece of paper that the secretary had given me when I arrived. It was my locker number, H34. I look around for some sort of sign that could point me to hallway H.
After ten minutes of fruitless searching, I finally find my locker. The hallway is perhaps one of the quietest in the school which I am glad about. I put some of my books and binders in the locker and then shut it with a little squeak. I then plop down in front of my locker and start eating my lunch. A turkey sandwich, some grapes and a bottle of water composed it. I am the only one in the hallway. I put my ear buds in my ears to drown out the deafening silence that envelops me and also to keep my mind from wandering to thoughts that I do not want to have. The sweet sounds of Coldplay meet my ears. I feel myself start to relax, enjoying the comforting notes of 'Clocks'.
I am done my lunch and I pull my hood over my head. Leaning back against my locker door and close my eyes, I am wrapped only in the beautiful melodies that pleasure my ears and my soul.


© 2013 Legolas


Author's Note

Legolas
Please be honest with reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I lean my head, which I put the hood of my hoodie in, back against my locker door" It took me awhile to figure out what you were talking about. Maybe a slight reword is needed. :)

I loved this chapter and cannot wait to read more! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

10 Years Ago

Noted, thank you. I will revise this.
Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

No prob. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
like the chapter title loneliness.
there is a sense of lonesome in this chapter which i like.
i always like short chapter but this made think of something lacking.
i cant say what it is, ok im heading to the next chapter to know.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

I am sorry again.
Still loving it. This piece has major potential. My only thought is that when you were talking about eating you used the word lunch twice in a short period of time which gave that section a feel of slight redundancy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I will look into that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 24, 2013
Tags: school, lonely, eating, lunch, girl, music, boy


Author

Legolas
Legolas

Rivendell, Middle Earth



About
I love writing haikus. I don't know if my poems are good. You can read them and see what you think. There is a short novel/story that is not finished. I'm not sure if I will upload the remaining .. more..

Writing
Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Legolas


The Wind The Wind

A Poem by Legolas


The Oak The Oak

A Poem by Legolas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rain Rain

A Poem by Legolas