Chapter 3. Words begin

Chapter 3. Words begin

A Chapter by Legolas

I sense someone beside me. I did not hear anything since I was enclosed in my music. I open my eyes and look up. My heart seems to stop beating. Standing in front of me, is the girl. Her brown hair draping perfectly around her small shoulders. Her deep, brown eyes seeming to pierce my own in their gaze. She is wearing skinny blue jeans and a zipped up purple Aeropostale hoodie. Her beauty takes my breath away and I find myself staring up at her in awe. I take out my ear buds and let them hang down over my shirt.
"Hey. I'm Violet. I'm in your class," she says, her soft, gentle voice music to my ears.
"I'm Thomas," I say, surprised to hear the words come out of my mouth since I am completely in shock.
She laughs. It's a quiet, comforting laugh. "I know that silly," she says as she smiles. "Can I sit down?"
I stutter, not expecting this. "Oh. . . yes. . . of course," I manage to get out as I scoot over a bit.
She delicately sits down next to me with an eloquent grace. Not having much interaction with girls, I don't know what to say or what to do. I remember hearing that girls like compliments.
"That's a very nice hoodie," I say. I am not lying, just to give her a compliment. I really do like the hoodie.
"Thanks," she says, blushing and casting her eyes towards the floor. "I love purple. Blue is my favorite color though. Purple is my second favorite." 
"What a coincidence. Blue is my favorite with purple coming in second."
She laughs again as she turns her eyes up to meet mine. "It is coincidence."
We stare into each other's eyes, both smiling. 
The bell signaling the end of lunch rings loudly, startling me. I am sad; sad that our special time is over, although I am already looking forward our next time together.
Violet gets up just as gracefully as she sat down and I follow suit. 
"I'll, uh, see you in class," I say.
"I'm looking forward to it," she says back, flashing a gorgeous smile as she turns around to walk down the hallway.
I watch her until she disappears around the corner leading into the main hallway. 
With my back to my locker door, I sink down to the floor. I have a crazy smile on my face.
I quietly say to myself, "She talked to me. She actually talked to me."
After a minute sitting on the ground, I come to my senses and realize that I need to get to class. I grab my backpack and walk down the hall, the smile still on my face.


© 2013 Legolas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have no criticism for this chapter. Good work :)
On to chapter four! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

10 Years Ago

Thank you:)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
simple, nice and cute story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

Thanks.
Nice! Keep going!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Thank you very much:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice continuation. I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Keep up the good work. (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2013
Tags: boy, school, girl, lunch, talking


Author

Legolas
Legolas

Rivendell, Middle Earth



About
I love writing haikus. I don't know if my poems are good. You can read them and see what you think. There is a short novel/story that is not finished. I'm not sure if I will upload the remaining .. more..

Writing
Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Legolas


The Wind The Wind

A Poem by Legolas


The Oak The Oak

A Poem by Legolas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rain Rain

A Poem by Legolas