Chapter 5. New Surroundings

Chapter 5. New Surroundings

A Chapter by Legolas

I slowly open my eyes. They are hard to move though. It’s like I am groggy. My head is pounding. The pain feels like someone is using a jackhammer that is trying to get through my head- from the inside. My throat is like it is made of sandpaper. Every breath I take causes me to flinch from the sharp pain that it causes in my chest. It takes a little while for my eyes to adjust to the light that is so foreign to my eyes. A room slowly comes into focus. It looks like a bedroom. The walls are beige and as I scan over the room it appears that it is a girl’s room. Posters of horses, the band ‘Hedley’ and photographs line the walls around the room. In front of me is the door which is slightly ajar. I am lying in the bed in the room. The sheets confirm my hunch that this is a girl’s room. The sheets are a dull pink with hearts on them. I don’t know any guy with sheets like that. I notice that I am dressed in a baggy blue sweatshirt and some checkered lounge pants.

I try and recall why I am lying in a girl’s bed in a room I don’t recognize. All too soon it comes back to me. The bell ringing, walking out of school, Mike threatening me, then beating me up that ends in me losing consciousness. I have no recollection of what happened between me blacking out to ending up in this bed. I try to move but it’s like my body is stopping me. My legs refuse to move and my torso aches so much that I wouldn’t be able to do anything even if I could move. My brain starts to go into panic mode. Not being able to move is my worst fear. I let out a small moan when I take a deep breath to calm myself. I am starting to think that I may have a broken rib or two. As soon as I let out the moan, I hear squeaks of the floor outside the room. I quickly close my eyes and pretend to be asleep. I don’t close them all the way though, just enough to make it look like I’m sleeping but also able to see who comes through the door. If they think I’m asleep then maybe they’ll leave me alone and I’ll have more time to plot my escape from this room. The door opens slightly. A head peeks in. Wait. . . I recognize this head. . . . It’s Violet’s head! My eyes snap open in surprise.

“Are you awake?” she whispers into the room.

“Yeah, I’m awake,” I say although it comes out sounding more like a mix of a baby talking and someone scratching nails on a chalkboard.

“Oh, I’ll get you some water, hang on,” Violet tells me as she quickly disappears.

She reappears a minute later with a glass of water in her hand. She walks into the room. She is looking so beautiful that it makes me gasp. Dressed in a purple t-shirt and skinny jeans, she looks like an angel sent straight from Heaven. Her hair is straightened and the silky, brown locks hang down behind her like a flowing river. Her face shines in the sunlight which makes her eyes radiate with aura. Her thin lips form a sweet smile as she nears me.

“Here, let’s get you to sit up.”

She slowly raises me up onto two pillows so that I am more or less sitting. Moving as such causes me pain but the gentle touch of her hands on me seems to soothe the sting. Once she has me sitting in the bed so I won’t choke on the water, Violet raises the glass to my lips. My hand instinctively reaches up to hold the glass. Instead of the glass, my hand lands one of Violet’s hands. I can feel my face go red from the unexpected touch. I don’t pull my hand away since she doesn’t seem to mind. I choke on the first little bit that enters my mouth and spill it out onto the sheets.

“I’m sorry,” I manage to get out in my raspy voice. I am embarrassed that I did that in front of her.

“It’s fine Thomas! Don’t worry about it. It’s only water,” Violet says to me in a reassuring tone.

I try to drink again and I am able to. I gladly gulp down the water. Never in my life have I been so eager to drink water. My throat feels refreshed and clear so I decide to speak.

“What happened? What am I doing here?”

“Let me get you something to eat and then I’ll answer your questions,” Violet says in a lovable voice as she gets up to walk out of the room.



© 2013 Legolas


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WHERE IS THE REST!?!? I want moreeeeee! please. :)

I'm still liking you descriptions of his pain. :)

How did he get into Violets room? Why is she dating such a weirdo? What do her parents think of this? If I had a daughter, I would not want her to be alone with the strange new kid she dragged home, unconscious, from school. I would want him to get better, but I would tend to him (she could help me) but he would NOT be in her bed (couch. he would be on a couch) and she would NOT be tending him alone! The end! No buts about it!
But I might one day be an overprotective parent. I don't know. I would just consider throwing a mother in there. :)

I hope I see new chapters soon! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

Phooey. You really should continue it though.
Legolas

10 Years Ago

I am, don't worry haha.
Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)



Reviews

WHERE IS THE REST!?!? I want moreeeeee! please. :)

I'm still liking you descriptions of his pain. :)

How did he get into Violets room? Why is she dating such a weirdo? What do her parents think of this? If I had a daughter, I would not want her to be alone with the strange new kid she dragged home, unconscious, from school. I would want him to get better, but I would tend to him (she could help me) but he would NOT be in her bed (couch. he would be on a couch) and she would NOT be tending him alone! The end! No buts about it!
But I might one day be an overprotective parent. I don't know. I would just consider throwing a mother in there. :)

I hope I see new chapters soon! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

Phooey. You really should continue it though.
Legolas

10 Years Ago

I am, don't worry haha.
Patricia Williams

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
OHHHHHHHH MMMMMMYYYYYYYYY GGGGGOOOOOSWSSSSHHHH!!! I will DIE if you don't continue!! I couldn't review the other chapters because I read through them so fast! You HAVE to finish writing this! You don't sound like you are sure of yourself, but trust me, IT WILL BE WORTH IT TO WRITE MORE. It will mean soooooooooo much to me if you write the next chapter. I'll read/review all your poems, do all your contests, whatever. Just ppppppppppppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fiinnniiissshhhh it! Please! I'm being serious now. It is wonderful. Please.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

Wow, thanks for the review! I'm glad you like it so much. I've been pretty busy as of late but you h.. read more
CONTINUE. OR I SHALL... THROW THIS HERE STUFFED DOG AT YOU.

Just kidding. Sort of. But please continue. I even said please. *insert cheesiest, most convincing, telemarketer, dentist, politician smile here.*

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Legolas

11 Years Ago

There's no point.
Please continue this story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Legolas

11 Years Ago

I might...I don't know.
Destructive Impulse

11 Years Ago

Well its your choice and I will respect it either way
Legolas

11 Years Ago

Ok.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2012
Last Updated on April 24, 2013
Tags: boy, girl, bed, room, water


Author

Legolas
Legolas

Rivendell, Middle Earth



About
I love writing haikus. I don't know if my poems are good. You can read them and see what you think. There is a short novel/story that is not finished. I'm not sure if I will upload the remaining .. more..

Writing
Ripples Ripples

A Poem by Legolas


The Wind The Wind

A Poem by Legolas


The Oak The Oak

A Poem by Legolas