Intoxication

Intoxication

A Story by Ina Waltz
"

a short text I wrote while I was dating my ex- girlfriend

"
I pushed my second pillow next to my body to pretend someone is sleeping beside me. Maybe it’s pathetic, but it’s nice to know you’re not alone (even when you are).
I couldn’t fall asleep so I decided to make some herbal tea. 
There was a certain smell in the air; her perfume didn’t leave the room. ‘Scumbag brain’, I think to myself and smile. As I was waiting for water to heat up I took my notebook and a pen. Words were flowing in my mind and I couldn’t hold them in anymore. 
-I’m hopeless, yes. I’m strange, too. But I always had so much to give and no one to give it to. Inside of me there is an endless ocean of secrets and... love? I never quite understood the concept of that word so I never wanted to say it out loud or use it in any form. Why would I? I read of all those people destroyed by it. Even my own family was destroyed by love that eventually turned into something ugly.
I try to camouflage that I feel anything and it turns into sadness and a strong urge to sleep it off. Sleep never resolved anything, to tell you the truth. Sadness became my comfort. It’s something I got used to. There was no one invading my world of sadness; not until someone made my happy. That person was usually pushed away as soon as possible. Why? It was scary to feel happy. There was a thought in my head about it being gone. Change was never good, I needed a constant. I was a coward. I don’t want to be like that anymore.-
I read what I wrote and threw my notebook on the desk. It made no sense, as usual. I laughed out loud. Water was boiling so I poured it in a cup with a kitten on it. While taking a sip I burned my tongue, I never learn. 
I smelled that perfume in the air again. The notebook on my desk caught my eye. I thought of her and started writing.

“I never noticed your body with my eyes
But my fingers remember the shape of it

I never noticed your face with my eyes
But my lips remember the taste of your skin”

I finished my tea and went back to bed. My mind became empty as I started falling asleep.

© 2012 Ina Waltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is very deep and it shows lots of your emotion and the pain you went through......stay strong lots of people in this world that love you even if they necessarily know the true meaning behind that word....you know i love you and i dont even know you so imagine the people that do...you must be very lucky :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dunnia

11 Years Ago

aww im very touched and yes we have met and you guys are the most cutest couple im very envious im r.. read more
Ina Waltz

11 Years Ago

Thank you awww, that's so sweet!
I'm sure you will! You're an amazing person :)
dunnia

11 Years Ago

thank you >.



Reviews

Its rare to see stories from you! - Its a change I do relish though, even it if it IS a short story. A swiftly-spun tale, which, I'm guessing you penned in exact correlation to the point-of-view character's situation. A passive pining lingers in the heart of this character's beating bosom, and lingering thoughts are channelled into prose. Before the words were inked, sleep was impossible and fleeting - but after the expression of poignant longing, lapses into slumber and the world of dreams.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ina Waltz

11 Years Ago

I'm planning to write more short stories, I find it relaxing.
You guessed right! (it freaks m.. read more
this is such a nice piece... very deep and heartfelt

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ina Waltz

11 Years Ago

Thank you, Marie.
intense deep great write

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ina Waltz

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely review, Stanley.
Stanley Wilson

11 Years Ago

welcome
this is very deep and it shows lots of your emotion and the pain you went through......stay strong lots of people in this world that love you even if they necessarily know the true meaning behind that word....you know i love you and i dont even know you so imagine the people that do...you must be very lucky :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dunnia

11 Years Ago

aww im very touched and yes we have met and you guys are the most cutest couple im very envious im r.. read more
Ina Waltz

11 Years Ago

Thank you awww, that's so sweet!
I'm sure you will! You're an amazing person :)
dunnia

11 Years Ago

thank you >.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012
Tags: love, intimate, romance, lesbian

Author

Ina Waltz
Ina Waltz

Zagreb, -- Please Select --, Croatia



About
I write poetry and short stories. I also draw and paint abstract images that my mind creates in order to understand the world and myself. I cannot live without creative outlet; when I don't write/pain.. more..

Writing
Orgasm Orgasm

A Poem by Ina Waltz


Eternity Eternity

A Poem by Ina Waltz