Words of the broken hearted

Words of the broken hearted

A Poem by Secret Lullaby

I've been bruised.

Ive been broken.

Ive been chained,

And ripped open.

I've been put down.

I've been put a side.

I've been left with scars,

That were too deep to hide.

I've never known a love,

That didnt break my heart.

I've never seen the light.

  I've always been stuck in the dark.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Secret Lullaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"I've never known a love,
That didn't break my heart.
I've never seen the light.
I've always been stuck in the dark."

I feel like I can really relate to this piece. Wonderful job, dear :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great rhymes here. I loved the emotions shown in this poem and thought it was a very good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Don't mind me just wiping away the my tears here; but honestly! This is such a simply poem, but packs a huge punch. It flows so well too. It is simply amazing, I love it. I had to read it twice and really pay attention to it to realize how hard and austere this poem is. I love it; it is just great.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great poem and rhyme! It reads rather quick, meaning it flows well. Best part is, you got your point across and told us something about yourself; and you did it well. So good job on that. On the story of the poem itself, it's saddening and I wish I could give you some words to soothe that sadness away, but one thing I can say is don't worry. You will find the right person one day, as everyone says. Yes, it sounds like words going from one ear and out the other, but it is true. You will find that person. The catch is- You have to believe that you'll find that person. Be patient. That truly is a virtue.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow!! I know exactly how you feel! Amazing poem!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very dark and gritty. We all know what it's like to feel this way, though when we experience it we feel like our experience is different in some fashion. You penned the anger and sadness beautifully here. Excellent work. And chin up. Things change as we get older.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this. The ryming is good and i feel like the content was excellent, it seemed like you put some real thought and emotion into this. Another great poem

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the flow of this even though it is kinda sad. Yet, I know where you are coming from and I have felt like this in the past. I have seen the light and now know a greater love, and I hope I can keep my eyes on Him. There is a time for us all to find that something to help put the broken pieces together, perhaps someday that time will come to you also.

Good Job

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is great. Everyone can relate to this, whether they like to admit it or not, and you've captured that perfectly!

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013

Author

Secret Lullaby
Secret Lullaby

Hell on Earth, AL



About
It a new year and a new me. I have deleted my old information and have decided to start over. Life is full of ups and downs, disapointments, regrets, mistakes...but all these things make us who were a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..