Lola's Discovery

Lola's Discovery

A Story by LeunnBrunnn
"

Lola is a very curious cat. She awakens one night, to discover something truly magical.

"

There once lived a very lovely couple. Their names were Jamie and Ania. They lived in a nice house, in a nice street, in a nice town. Their home was always filled with joy and laughter, and everywhere you looked, there would be an interesting knickknack or trinket on display. Yes, Jamie and Ania were very happy, indeed.

 

One day, Jamie and Ania were sat around their little table, eating a really yummy dinner. They were content, but they couldn’t help but feel as though there was something missing. Of course, they had their beautiful feline friends, Lola and Fat Cat. Lola was a beautiful shade of jet black, with a long, swishy tail. Fat Cat was less majestic, with a very round belly, and black and white fur. Some of the neighbourhood cats would whisper about how much she resembled a farmyard cow. Lola agreed, but kept it to herself.

Anyway, as I was saying �" Jamie and Ania were happy, but confused. They knew that there was something missing from their lives, but they couldn’t quite put their fingers on it. They had the cats, they had wonderful and perfect company, but this wasn’t enough.

 

Jamie and Ania were lying in bed, settling down for some well-deserved sleep. They could hear the soft snores of Lola and Fat Cat, and this made them feel very relaxed. “Could this night be any more perfect?” Ania said to Jamie. Jamie smiled, and rested his head on his pillow. He was well and truly tired. With that, they turned out their light, closed their eyes, and both fell into a very deep, very wonderful sleep.


It was a little after four, and the sun had yet to rise. Jamie, Ania, Lola, and Fat Cat were all enjoying their beautiful sleep. The sound of snoring filled the house. If anyone were to have visited at that time, they’d have felt very tired, indeed. “Gosh. I could use forty winks.” A voice from downstairs said to itself. Lola opened one eye. Whatever it was that was downstairs, it had disturbed her peaceful slumber. Her ears were pointed upwards, as they tried to detect more sound. She was just about to lay her head back down, when there was what sounded like the soft cries of a baby, and a fluttering heading up the fireplace. Lola looked around her, to make sure these noises hadn’t woken up her beloved family. She quietly leapt from the bed, to the floor, and softly made her way downstairs.

 

Lola was trying her best to be as quiet as possible. The soft cries of a baby were now more like loud shrieks, which made Lola even more curious and concerned. She walked into the living room, looking around with every step. She glanced up towards the dinner table, and saw what appeared to be a large wicker basket. “How odd” Lola thought to herself. The noise was definitely coming from the wicker basket. Lola could hear stirring coming from upstairs, so quickly leapt onto the dining chair, and up to the table.


She approached the basket with caution, and noticed a little brown tag attached to its handle. Lola inspected the tag, and read it aloud to herself. “Dear Jamie and Ania, the Birds Association of Brilliant Youngsters - B.A.B.Y., would like to congratulate you on your new arrival. Her name is Lily, and she is very energetic. We have been keeping an eye on you both, so we’re confident that you can handle the challenge! Please enjoy your new life and don’t forget to tell your friends about us! All the best, Howard Stork, of the Stork Corporation, owner of B.A.B.Y.”


Lola could hear hurried footsteps now, as Jamie and Ania ran to inspect the source of the loud noise. Ania turned on the living room light, and ran over to the table, where both Lola and the basket were sat. She read the tag, and gasped. “Jamie, come here! Something marvellous has happened!” Jamie hurried over, and also read the tag. By now, the couple were grinning from ear to ear. This was amazing! Not only did they have their lovely home and their lovely cats, but now they had a lovely baby! Lily smelled beautiful, like lavender and talcum powder. 

Ania was so overwhelmed by it all, and scooped Lily from the basket, hugging her close. As she did, the crying stopped, and Lily began to smile. She knew that she was in safe hands with her new mummy and daddy, and she couldn’t wait to meet the rest of her brilliant family.


Fat Cat didn’t rush about making an appearance. As she walked into the living room, she stretched and yawned, rubbing her eyes. She had never seen this time of day before, and wasn’t aware that it was legal to wake up before lunch time! She glanced up to Jamie, Ania and Lola, puzzled by the new arrival. Fat Cat let out a sigh, blinked, and then slowly plodded back to bed. She wanted to meet Lily, but she definitely needed her beauty sleep before she could even entertain the idea.

 

 It was just before eight in the morning, and Jamie, Ania, Lola and Lily were all curled up on the sofa, sound asleep. Lola opened her eyes for a moment, looked around at her beautiful family, and smiled. This was what they were all longing for, and it was perfect.

 

 

© 2015 LeunnBrunnn


Author's Note

LeunnBrunnn
I've never submitted a piece of writing before, and this story is pretty much my first attempt at writing a story. It was originally for my niece to read when she's older, and every detail has been personalised to her life. I hope you enjoy it. Please, no harsh criticisms. I accept room for improvement, kind words, and words of encouragement.

Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: Children's, Cats, Family

Author

LeunnBrunnn
LeunnBrunnn

Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hi! My name is Leanne, and I was born and raised in Rugby. I moved to Dewsbury about a year ago, and it's here that I discovered my enjoyment for writing and drawing, and generally just being creative.. more..