The Nurse

The Nurse

A Chapter by Levioshock
"

The second chapter to my novel.

"

The nurse is a medium heighted woman. Like the prisoners said, she has a large behind yet the rest of her is thin and proportional. Her face is covered in too much makeup, as if she has a problem with herself. She is proud of the fact that she is so clean and neat; she adjusts her uniform constantly and makes sure everything is pressed properly.

A calm smile comes across her face as if she has just proven a point; her strut is that of someone who is walking to the grove of a song, and yet inside she feels a sense of desperation and need. She is walking down a dim lit corridor; it does not seem to end, it is a long line of doors on both sides, the buzz of the fluorescent lights a-fervor. She starts to change physiologically; as if a new personality has entered her mind.

She begins to get anxious, jittery and paranoid. Finally she gets to the nurses lounge; it is a dimly lit room that smells of cigarettes and rubbing alcohol. The other nurses are reading their magazines and talking amongst themselves. She slowly walks to the coat room and puts something into her coat’s pocket. The room is dark so she thinks she has cover, until…

“Maggie? That you?” a nurse said.

She turns and looks at the nurse, bewildered.

“Sorry, you scared me there…” she pulls out a set of keys “…I thought I lost my keys…I was just making sure I still had them.” She gives a fake smile.

The nurse smiles back and gives a nod, then leaves.  A look of disgust goes over Maggie’s face; she pulls the bag out of her pocket and begins to caress it as if it were a baby. She then gives a moan and puts it away. “Very soon” she said, “very, very soon.” She looks back to make sure no one is around and puts it back in her pocket, then put her coat on and walks out of the room.

She engages in some small talk to pity the nurses but quickly exits the room. Corridor after corridor she walks down, her pace quickening. She begins to jog, her shoes echoing down the hall, a frantic look on her face. She finally gets to her car; she looks as if she had just run a marathon, sweat dripping down her arms, face and hair. She is trying to unlock her car but is so disheveled that she drops her keys.

She takes a seat on the concrete for a second, takes a deep breath and says “Calm down Maggie, just make it home and you will be fine. You did your part and you will get one more and the go to rehab.” She picks herself off the ground, gets in her car and drives off.

The drive is so long for her. She counts the trees as she speeds down the long stretch of road. The darkness is like a veil blocking her vision. She begins to become anxious again and presses full speed on the pedal. Finally her house is in view, her tired screech as she slides into her driveway, knocking trash cans over.

After a long drive home she scrambles into her house. She locks the doors, pulls the curtains shut and goes to her room. With a heavy sigh of relief, she takes the contents of her pocket and puts it on her bed. She puts her coat and clothes away and puts on a night gown. She grabs the bag and sits cross legged on her bed. She opens the bag, and puts a little bit on the tip of her finger and just stares at it, smiling intently.

 She puts the powder to her nose and takes a long, deep sniff; engulfing the powder into her nose. She then proceeds to snort, in lines, the entire bag. She seems happy for a moment, but then she goes into shock. Blood pours out of her nose, and she cannot breath. She starts to convulse and minutes later, dies a slow, painful death.


 

 


“I wonder if she is dead by now. She is such a dumb addict. She should have known when she touched the powder that it wasn’t coke but she was so in need of a fix, I don’t think she cared.” He laughs maniacally while jingling a set of keys, “that b***h was dumb enough to snort anthrax, and now, thanks to her, my plan is now in motion...”



© 2010 Levioshock


Author's Note

Levioshock
This is an edited version of the original

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far, so good. I haven't read chapter one so I'm in no mood to judge. Send me a read request for the BOOK and not the CHAPTER (picky here). I'll review every chapter you send me; but if you want me to review the book then send the request for the book. Then I'll add it to my reading list and keep up with it.

So far so good. Pretty nice how you set things up here. Can't see that picture so you might want to look into that. Nice twist of suspence at the end*

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2066 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2010
Last Updated on April 7, 2010
Tags: nurse coke cocain drugs anthrax
Previous Versions


Author

Levioshock
Levioshock

Copley, OH



About
My writing is dark. I don't know why, it's just what comes out of me. I love writing and I love reviewing writing so give me all you can. If you want to get to know me, hit me up on facebook :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Abandonment Abandonment

A Poem by A.Lee


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


God? God?

A Poem by The High Poet