I Don't Want Love

I Don't Want Love

A Poem by Askew

I don't want a romance or a slow burn or love at first sight, I don't want a love story or fiery passion or good morning kisses.
I don't want a hand in mind or my tears wiped away, I don't want to be held or to have my hair played with.
I want to burn and boil in my anger at the world until the wrongness is destroyed by flame.
I want to grip a sword and swing, I want to take heads and hearts and lives and carry them on my hip.
I want to light the skyline on fire and watch with a knowing smile, I want to share my fury with the winged beast I'll right into the night.
I want discomfort and pain until every atom is quaking with the desire to change the world, I want an army that'll follow me into battle on horseback.

I don't want blushing and nerves and hesitant first dates, I don't want stolen glances or accidental touches.
I don''t want to shake with the thrill of a first kiss or to lose my breath at the sight of my lover.
I want ice in my veins and coal in my heart, I want to freeze a nation until everything is glittering and cold.
I want to drown and suffocate and take my enemies with me, I want the water to wash away the sins and stains they've left on the world.
I want to kill the corrupt with frostbite, and hang their frozen fingers around my neck as a morbid trophy.
I want to control the tides and break buildings, I want tsunamis and hurricanes and fierce scaled beasts to eat to their hearts content.

© 2019 Askew


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Liar, liar, pants on fire! You know you want LOVE,but you want it on your own terms. Love that is honest and true. Love without the hypocracy of people who only pretend to care. Slaying all the dragons with a mighty sword. The dragons and their minions that are such a threat to humankind. Lend me a horse, that I might follow you.
If this indeed were a Christmas wish list I wish that you get all of it.
Take care - Dave

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sort of like that Christmas list of mass destruction and outright carnage.
I would love to see Santa's face when he read that list.
Mind you, the British election has just finished. Your poem sums it up perfectly.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Askew

4 Years Ago

I never thought of this piece in that way, but I like where you're coming from.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2019
Last Updated on December 14, 2019

Author

Askew
Askew

Canada



About
I’m 22, and don’t write as often as I’d like. more..

Writing
Hunger Hunger

A Poem by Askew