Three.

Three.

A Chapter by . o O (Deepest_Thoughts)
"

The lies come undone..

"

I winced and slowly opened my eyes as I felt something cold touched my cuts. I coughed lightly and sat up waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I then noticed I was in a small dark room, with two beds and a single window covered by dark curtains. A lonely desk lay under the window with a clock and a lamp on it. I continued to look around trying to figure out where I was, until I heard Jay whisper something behind me, which made me jump.

"Hey, your awake." I looked up and Jay forced a smile. I could tell he was worried about me, that seemed to be all I did lately. I winced again as he continued to wipe the blood from my cuts. "Sorry..," He whispered.

"Its fine.. I deserve it.." I said looking down at my arm and leaning back.

"Don't say that.." He said with a sad tone.

I yawned lightly and didn't respond. He continued cleaning my cuts and I sighed breaking the silence. "I have to go back you know.."

"What if they hurt you again?" He said setting down the wash cloth.

"Yeah, but its only a few more days until my birthday," I pointed out.

"The third, I know. Dante told us." I smiled slightly happy that someone remembered.

"I can move out then, but I don't have a place to go."

He sighed, "I'd offer for you to stay here.. But I'm going to be kicked out soon."

"That's true. Has anyone found out your eighteen yet?"

"I'm not sure, but I think Josh knows."

"Josh?"

"One of the other kids who lives here. He's nosy and annoying. I think he knows. He's probably planning to tell them." He looked up at the door and sighed deeply. "Speaking of Josh." I heard a knock on the door then it swung open, a short teen aged boy standing in doorway staring into the room. He turned closing the door then walked over to the lamp mumbling something as he ate.

"Why do you keep the light off?" He asked looking over at us, mostly at me. "So that's why the lights are off," he said smirking and crossing his arms, spilling crumbs from his cupcake everywhere.

I rolled my eyes and Jay spoke, "What do you want?"

"I want to know why you have a girl in my room?"

"This is my room too."

"Not for long." I yawned a bit and Josh glanced at my arm. "Whoa what happened to your arm?"

"None of your business.." I said covering my arm quickly.

He smirked and shouted, "Mom, Dad! Jay has a-" Just then Jay jumped off the bed tackling Josh.

"You say anything and I'll tell that girl from your school that you like her! Ya, know the one you write notes to then hide them under your bed?" Jay threatened, with a smile. Josh's eyes widened.

"You wouldn't?!"

"Try me."

Josh stared at him for a few minutes then grumbled, pushing him away. "Fine I won't say anything.."

"Good I'm glad you see it my way." He got up and looked over to me about to say something but then noticed I was fast asleep. He smiled and climbed into bed next to me pulling the blanket over me but not himself. Josh grumbled more and got into his bed, cursing quietly.

I heard the door slam open and a girls voice say, "Josh, Jay, get up! Ma wants you to make breakfast!" I jumped startled by her yelling. Jay sat up and the girl in the doorway gasped and shouted. "There's a girl in Jay's bed!" She quickly ran out of the room shouting more. Jay sighed and I could hear Josh laughing. I saw Jay throw something at Josh then get out of bed. Josh grunted and got out of bed as well.

"You didn't need to throw the clock at me.."

"Yes I did." Jay said. I looked at Jay a sad look on my face.

"I got you in trouble.. Didn't I?"

"Its not a big deal." He said quietly.

How could he say that? Of course it was a big deal. He was going to get in trouble because of me. I always mess everything up, I thought. I sat up and pulled my hoodie on talking quietly. "Yeah it is.."

"Ray.."

"I have to go.." I said, forcing a smile as I walked out of the room.

I walked through my snow covered backyard heading for the window to the basement. I coughed lightly and jumped down into my room staring around a bit to make sure no one was going to sneak up on me again. I took a seat on the couch and leaned back staring at the wall with a blank look on my face.

 I glanced down at the bunches of boxes that lined the walls of the basement. I walked over to the boxes and sat down looking at them all wondering what was in them. I grabbed a small box, that looked as if it was just tossed in here recently, and stared to open it. I flipped open the box and looked at all of the broken junk inside it. I moved some of the broken pieces around and found a sharp silver dagger. I lifted it up slowly trying to be careful with it as I looked it over. I noticed a necklace was wrapped around its hilt and started to unwrap it. I looked at the silver cross charm that hung from the necklace's chain.

After setting the necklace aside I went back to examining the dagger. I noticed there was something engraved on the blade and blew the dust away, trying to read it. I blinked confused as I read the name engraved into the silver dagger, " Rauko Autumnfire Shadowmyst?" I quickly set the dagger on top of a few boxes staring at it as I thought about what this meant. Is that dagger mine? But what are those names supposed to mean? I shook my head lightly and picked up the dagger.I paced the room and stared at the dagger turning it over in my hands as I thought darkly to myself. I just get in everyone's way, I thought sadly. I took a deep breath and held back my tears as another dark thought came to my mind. I don't deserve to live.

I kneeled down and opened another box looking for some paper to write on. I opened a few more boxes until I found a note pad and a pen. I went over to the couch and slid the dagger into the pocket of my hoodie as I got ready to write. I started to scribble a note to the guys as tears formed in my eyes, the note read:

Hey, guys.. I just wanted you all to know that you don't

Have to worry about me anymore after tonight. I'm ending

My worthless life.. Once and for all. I know all I've ever

done is get in the way and make your lives more complicated

with all my problems, and there is nothing you can say that

will change my mind. I realize now that I have no purpose..

and that I have no reason to live. So I'm leaving you this note,

so you know what has happened to me.. Just know that

I loved you all.. And I will miss you..

I quickly set the note on my blanket and turned to the window staring at it as I wiped the tears from my eyes. I took a deep breath and and climbed onto the boxes crawling out my window. Walking towards the backyard I stopped startled by A dark figure standing a few feet away from me. As I blinked the figure suddenly disappeared. I shivered and looked around scared that someone might be following me. I shook my head and continued through the backyard, walking into the garden. I'm just paranoid, I thought. I walked past the gazebo and started hearing the sounds of the waterfall nearby.

As I reached the cliff side, I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath standing at its edge. I looked down at the half frozen lake below then to the waterfall which was breaking away at the thick layers of ice. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath as I was about to take my final step, but just then I heard Dante's voice.

"Don't do it, Rauko!" He screamed as loud as he could.

I blinked my eyes opened whispering to myself, "It can't be him.."

"Ray..? Just turn around and come back.. Please.." I stood there shocked at how fast he got here. I started to turn around slowly looking back at all four of them standing there. I blinked back tears and looked down sadly as Dante continued to speak. "Just take a step towards us.."

"I don't belong here.." I mumbled looking down at the snow.

"Don't say that.. Of course you do.." He said taking a step towards me looking as if he had more to say.

Just then the cliff started to break away under my feet causing me to fall back wards. I opened my eyes trying not to scream as I looked up seeing a huge blur spending towards me. The wind was wiping all around me as the blur got close and I started to feel light headed. I closed my eyes getting ready for the icy impact. I gasped loudly as I hit the beyond freezing water. It felt as if someone had stabbed me in the heart repeatedly with shards of ice. I could feel the water filling my lungs as I sank with the current. The cold was unbearable, I was starting to slip away. My heart slowed and I lost consciousness.

I could hear faint voice as I started wake up. I tried to move but my body wouldn't respond. I slowly started opening my eyes only to close them again as the light blinded me. I shivered and just laid there listening to the voices.

"You need to tell her," said one voice sounding annoyed.

"I will.. I just need some time," responded the other voice.

"But what if she doesn't understand?"

"We can't worry about this right now. We have to find the new hunter. I've gotten news that if we don't find him soon it will be to late."

"Your right. We need to worry about that first."

Dante noticed I was awake and came to st next to me. "Ray.. Why would you try something like that?" I looked away not able to look him in the eye. "Ray.. Talk to me.." He said touching my chin gently making me look at him. "Did you mean all that stuff you wrote?" I nodded slowly, trying really hard not to cry. I sat up straight and he let go of my chin. "Your not worthless.. Don't ever think like that." He said looking at me with a worried smile. I stared into his beautiful eyes, they looked so sad and it was all because of me.

I got up quickly looking around for my clothes not wanting to see him look so sad. "I've got to get home.."

"Your not going to try anything, are you?" Dante said standing up as well.

I whispered softly as I reached for my things, "Why shouldn't I? No one cares anyway.." Before I could hear what he would say I quickly ran out the door into the dark cold night. I could hear Dante and Tyler argue as I walked down the street. I heard footsteps behind me as I got further away, then Dante appeared like a blur next to me. "Don't try to stop me." I said quickly walking faster.

He grabbed my arm gently trying not to be forceful as he turned me to look at him. "Ray.. Please don;t hurt yourself.. For me?"

I looked down as I pulled my arm away. "No one will miss me.." I whispered walking away again.

"Ray! Will you just talk to me." he said getting frustrated.

"Go away.." I said with a shiver.

"Rauko!" He shouted sounding mad this time. He grabbed my arm harder this time. He pulled me back towards him as he spoke, "Don't give up yet! Its almost your birthday, then you'll be able to get out of that house. Then you won't have to deal with Mike and Trish's s**t!"

"Who cares.." I said trying to pull away again as my eyes teared up.

"Stop it! I care! The guys and I care!" He said pulling me back into a tight hug. "That's the only reason I jumped off that cliff to save you.. Because I care.." He suddenly stiffened up and let go of me stepping back. I blinked and looked up at him surprised at what I saw. Are his eyes red? His eyes did look red but just then they appeared sky blue once more.

"Your eyes.." I mumbled.

"What?" Dante said stepping back a bit more.

"Um.. Nothing." I said thinking it was just my eyes playing trick on me or something.

"Are you okay?"

"No.. I feel really dizzy.." I said putting my hand on a nearby building.

"Come on. You need to get warm." He said pulling me back towards his house.

Just as we got there Jay and Ryan walked out of the house. "Hey, Ray" Jay said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah.." I lied. He smiled slightly and nodded.

"Alright. Goodnight then."

"Night," I mumbled to both Ryan and Jay as we headed into the house.

I went to sit on the couch as Dante went to tell Tyler we were back. He closed the bedroom door and came to sit next to me pulling my black blanket off of the couch and onto us both. He leaned back as I pulled the blanket up to my neck shivering. He looked over at me still sad and worried.

"Please stop looking at me like that.." I whispered.

"Only if you promise never to try anything like that again?" He said with a slight smile. "Or to at least tell me when your going to, so I can stop you." I blinked and looked up at him nodding slowly. He looked a bit relieved at my nod, even if I didn't actually promise. I moved closer leaning against him as he hugged me tight.

I closed my eyes pretending to go to sleep. I started thinking to myself as I shivered. Why do I keep doing this? I'm hurting them and they keep forgiving me.. I don't understand. I continued to think sadly until Dante moved around a bit pulling me in front of him as he laid down. He held me onto the couch and breathed softly into my ear. I smiled lightly and turn around snuggling closer trying not to fall off. I moved down a bit shivering lightly as I felt his breath on my neck. I mumbled lightly as I felt a light pinch on my neck. Dante stiffened up slightly and moved back a bit. I blinked and wondered if I smelled bad or something. He suddenly went back to normal and pulled me closer holding me closely. I smiled and yawned falling asleep slowly.

"Ray?" Dante whispered. I mumbled noticing he wasn't on the couch with me. I opened my eyes lightly and turned around looking at him. I yawned lightly and sat up.

"What is it?" I said yawning more.

"Me and the guys have to go," he said standing up. "You can hang out here if you want to."

"No.. I have to get home. Mike might call the police.." I stood up dropping the blanket as I stretched.

He smiled lightly and I gave him a quick hug. "Just don't hurt yourself, Alright?"

"I won't," I smiled looking at him as I let go.

He smiled back as he left the house. I sighed and looked around for my clothes not able to find my hoodie. I got dressed in my wet clothes and shivered hurrying out the door, thinking I could get my hoodie later. I walked down the street quickly and looked up at the moon. "I slept all day.." I said to myself. I reached my house about ten minutes later and sighed realizing both cars were parked in the drive way. "Great they're both home..." I took a deep breath and walked inside quietly. Before I could get even a few steps into the house I saw Lance sitting on the couch with Mike and two strange white haired men. I blinked lightly and closed the door standing there.

"Your in trouble girl!" Mike said glancing over to the white haired strangers.

"She's not in trouble, sir." One of the men said standing up quickly. "May we have a word with you in privet, miss Rauko. Perhaps outside?"

"Sure?" I said walking past them and into the kitchen. The strangers followed me into the backyard closing the door on there way out. I went to sit on a swing as they stood in front of me. I looked then over slightly, One had dark blue eyes and the other a light orange colored, but other then that they looked exactly alike.

"Lady Rauko, my name is Darren and I've been sent here to bring you home," The man with orange eyes said. "This is my brother, Troy." The other man nodded.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused already. "This is my home."

"No, its not. Not your real home. Your birth parents sent us to get you. They want you to come home," Darren said quietly.

"Shut up!" I said loudly as I stood up. "What did you come here for?! Just to bring up old memories about my parents leaving me here?"

"Your parents had to do what was best for you. You would have died if they hadn't-"

"I don't want to talk about them! I don't want to ever see them again! I hate them!" I screamed loudly.

Darren looked shocked at what I said and Troy stepped towards me raged. "Don't you ever say that! They loved you deeply!" Troy shouted at me.

"Calm down.." Darren said to Troy.

"Shut up!" Troy shouted back at him. "Now you listen here, if your parents didn't leave you here then you would have been killed by the vampires that were after you that night." Troy said looking at me angrily.

I laughed in his face and crossed my arms. "Vampires?! That's what this is about? Vampires don't exist!"

Darren sighed and walked up to me. "Vampires do exist, and you're to be the next vampire hunter, just like your parents."

"You guys are fucked up in the head if you believe in vampires," I rolled my eyes walking past them. "Go get some help, will ya?" I shouted before walking into the house.

"Vampires do exist!" I heard Troy yell as I closed the door.

I sighed and walked into the living room heading for the basement door when Lance got in my way. "Where are you going?" I heard Mike say coming up behind me. He quickly grabbed my wrist pulling me around to face him.

"Ow! Let go, you a*s hole!" I shouted loudly without thinking what I was saying.

"What'd you say!?" Mike yelled digging his jagged nails into the cuts on my wrist. "Your little b***h! I dare you to say that again!"

"I'm sorry! Just please let go!" I screamed tears forming in my eyes and his nails made my cuts start to bleed again. I grabbed his arm trying to pull it off of my own as I held my tears in. He jerked my wrist up to look at what was causing me so much pain.

"What the hell is this?!" he said outraged by the cuts that ran half up my forearm. "You f*****g cut yourself? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I closed my eyes tightly trying to block him out. I didn't need this talk from him. Anyone but him. He was the reason I did this to myself, but I couldn't say that to his face. "Please.. Just leave me alone.." I said quietly.

"What'd you say, girl?" He shouted lifting my arm up higher. I looked up at him and he had a grin on his face. "Boy get me a knife."

My eyes widened and I tried to pull my arm free from his grip. "No please don't!" I screamed loudly.

"Shut up, b***h!" He shouted slapping me hard as he dragged me over to the kitchen counter. Lance was already in the kitchen getting a knife like his father told him. He handed the knife to his father over to counter and stepped back looking scared.

I looked up at him once more my cheek turning red where he slapped me, he was holding the knife smiling at me. "No! Don't!" I screamed again pulling harder at my arm.

"Shut up before I hit you again!" He said slamming my arm onto the counter harder. "If you want to be a cutter then I'm going to help you!" He quickly brought the knife to my wrist and I closed my eyes knowing I couldn't stop him from doing this to me. I just breathed deeply trying not to scream as he slid the knife over my wrist cutting in deeper then I ever had. I screamed quietly and kneeled down slightly as I dug my nails into the counter. He laughed at me and slid the knife over my arm cutting in even deeper. Blood poured out onto the counter as he made more cuts into my arm. "You like this don't you!?" He shouted putting the knife to my arm again. "Well!?" He asked again. I nodded quickly knowing he would just make it hurt more if I said no. He laughed cruelly and let go of my wrist letting me fall to the ground. I held my wrist lightly and breathed deeply looking at the blood all over my arm.

"Please.. No more.." I mumbled as loud as I could, but he didn't seem to hear me. I started to breath irregularly as my blood poured out. I started to get dizzy and light headed as Mike came back around the counter the knife still in his hands. I shook my head tears rushing down my cheeks as he walked towards me again. "No.. No.."

"Shut up." he said as he grabbed my wrist again pulling me back to my feet. He slammed my wrist down again and started making more cuts up my arm, each time waiting for me to calm down before he'd make another cut. I couldn't take the pain anymore, I felt like I was going to pass out. Mike noticed he wasn't get much of a response, so he let me fall again and went to the kitchen washing the knife. "Boy, take her down stairs. Now." He ordered.

Lance trembled as he walked over to me trying to be as careful as he could. He looked terrified at what his father had done to me, but he still obeyed his fathers order. He brought me down to my room and laid me on the couch. He stared at me a few moments before he went back upstairs.

I just laid there motionless. I was losing to much blood and it was even painful to move my face. I breathed deeply wishing that Dante had never saved me. I leaned to my side letting out a small scream as I reached down to pick up a towel that was on the floor. I closed my eye tightly as I pressed the towel to my cuts trying not to make a sound. I passed out slowly but what seemed like moments later I woke up again. I heard someone climbing through my window and hoped this was a dream.

"Ray!" I heard Dante shout shocked. I didn't move, I couldn't. Dante appeared next to me in a flash his eyes appearing red again. "What'd you do?!" He asked looking at me angry and sad at the same time.

"Mike.. Did it.." I managed to mumbled before passing out once more.

I woke up quickly and sat up realizing I didn't feel any pain, "What..?"

"Are you okay?" Dante asked making me jump.

I looked over at him at the end of the couch and quickly hugged him. I never wanted him to see me like that. I held back my tears as he held me tightly. "It wasn't a dream?" I asked quietly.

He shook his head pulling away to look at me. "What happened?"

"Mike was drunk again.. I came inside and he saw my cuts. Then he got a knife." I said quietly wondering what time it was.

"This has gone to far!" He shouted angrily. "You could have died! What the hell is wrong with him!?"

I looked down at my arm noticing the cut marks were mostly healed I rubbed them lightly wondering how they healed so fast. I looked back up and spoke softly, "I'm sorry.."

"You don't have anything to be sorry for."

"Its my fault I wasn't wearing my hoodie.. Then he wouldn't have seen my scars.."

"Rauko, this is not your fault." He said hugging my tightly. "I brought your hoodie," he said picking it up off the table and handing it to me. It was still a little wet in some place. I smiled a bit and felt something in its pocket. I reached in pulling out the dagger I found the day before. Dante gave me a strange look then looked down at the dagger.

"Where'd you get that?" he asked quickly.

"Found it in one of those boxes over there, why?" I asked looking at him.

"Can I see it?" He asked grabbed a wash cloth off the floor. I nodded wondering why he was acting so strange. I handed it to him and he used to the wash cloth to hold it. He read the name engraved on it and then gave me another strange look. "Its has your name on it.."

I nodded, "I know but I've never seen it before."

"Can I take it with me?" He asked.

"Sure," I said a bit confused at what he wanted with a dagger.

"Alright," he said folding it up in the wash cloth before sticking it in his pocket. "I have to go.." He said quickly standing up.

"Okay.. Bye?" I said as he climbed out my window without saying another word. I laid back down wondering what his problem was, or if I did something. I sighed and closed my eyes going back to sleep.

I woke up as I heard someone yelling at the top of my stairs. I ignored whoever it was and got up grabbing a hoodie of the dryer as I walked upstairs. I slid it on just as I opened the door, seeing Mike standing in front of me waiting. "Go make me dinner! Trish is going to be late." He pointed to the kitchen and I walked past him not saying a word. I sighed knowing he probably didn't remember anything that happened last night. That was a good thing for me though. I went into the kitchen and started to make his food. I looked out the window into the dark backyard jumping lightly as I saw someone looking in at me. I walked over to the window looking closer but I didn't see anyone anymore.

"That's creepy.." I said quickly shutting the curtains. I brought Mike his food and walked back into the kitchen looking for something I could eat. I found a container of leftovers and decided it was better then nothing. I sat on the counter and ate my dinner as I wondered where I was going to go tonight. Anywhere but here, I thought.

After I finished washing the dishes I walked back into the living room, heading for the basement. Mike looked up at me and spoke quickly as I went to reach for the door, "Come here girl." I blinked and looked over at him walking over before he got angry. I stood there waiting for him to say something but all he did was smile. He grabbed my wrist and my eyes widened. He couldn't have remembered. I quickly tried to pull away but he only held on tighter as he rolled my sleeve up.

"No!" I yelled grabbing his hand trying to pull it off, with no luck.

"Stop fussing girl, I just want to look," He said with a grin. He pulled my hand away and looked at my cuts, looking angry now. "Did I say you could clean up!?" He yelled quickly. I jumped and shook my head quickly.

"No.. I'm sorry.." I mumbled.

He smirked and slapped a bunch of my cuts making me try to jerk my arm away as my eyes treated up. "Stop moving." He ordered as he slapped my cuts another time, hard enough to make them bleed. I breathed deeply trying not to let my tears fall. He then let go laughing at my pain, "Go to your room."

I rushed back to the basement door quickly not wanting to give him time to do anything else. I ran down the stairs and quickly looked for my boots. I had to leave, I knew it would just get worse as the night went on. As I pulled on my boots and looked at my bleeding arm and thought about cleaning it up first but it hurt so much just to move it. I wiped my tears away as I climbed out my window heading for Dante's house.

As his house came into view I could see him sitting in the living room looking stressed. I hurried to the door and opened it slowly. "Dante?" I said quietly not seeing anyone. I walked in and closed the door walking over to the small kitchen looking over the counter, not seeing him anywhere. "Where are-" I whispered turning around, jumping as he stood in front of me. "Oh my god, you scared me." I said looking up at him.

He leaned in slowly and whispered into my ear, "You shouldn't be here.." I shivered lightly at the sound of his voice. He sounded different in some way, but I couldn't put my foot on it.

"I had to get out of that house.." I mumbled feeling uneasy.

He grabbed my wrist gently pulling it above my heads he looked it over. My heart was racing, I couldn't understand why he was acting so unusual. It made me nervous. I looked up at him, but his eyes were fixed on my arm. He watched the blood drip down my arm and I blinked a few times watching is eyes turn bright red. I watched him bring my arm to his lips and lick up a drop of blood, sending a shiver down my spine. I couldn't speak, I was so scared. I took a deep breath as he looked at me letting my blood drip down my arm again. I blinked lightly as a drop of blood landed on my cheek dripping down my neck making me shiver even more. He continued to look at me, his face blank but his eyes filled with hunger.

What's happening?

Just then his eyes moved to my neck making my heart skip a beat. He smirked and let go of my wrist pulling my hoodie aside as he leaned in towards my neck. He quickly wrapped his arm around my back pulling me closer as his other hand gently touched my chin, moving my head to the side. I started to shake lightly as I felt his breath on my neck. I shivered harder as he licked my neck lightly before whispering softly into my ear. "Scared?"

My heart skipped another beat at the sound of his cold voice. He leaned away from my neck glancing at me his fangs visible on his lower lip. My eye widen when I realized what he was going to do. He smirked lightly as he quickly leaned into my neck piercing my skin with his sharp teeth. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes tightly cringing at the pain. He seemed to go into a trance once he felt blood flow out into his mouth. He growled lightly as he bit harder into my neck making me grab his shirt tightly as I felt the pain. I started to feel lightheaded as he drank my blood.

He abruptly pulled away from me breathing deeply as I began to slip out of his hands. He quickly caught me his eyes seeming to change back to normal. He quickly cough me and licked his lips lightly as he carried me over to the couch. I opened my eyes looking up at him, sensing he was back to normal. "Your a..?" I mumbled quietly.

"Vampire." He nodded looking at me with regret in his eyes. I breathed heavily trying not to lose consciousness as I thought about what just happened. I didn't know if I should be distraught, or if I could forgive him. I looked into his eyes and knew I couldn't be angry him, even if he is a little different from me. I coughed lightly and started to breath normally.

"Does that mean those white haired men were telling the truth..?" I asked quietly trying to put the pieces together.

"What white haired men?" Dante asked quickly.

"These two white haired men came to see me yesterday. They said a lot of stuff about my real parents and that I was a vampire hunter, but I didn't believe them... "

"What exactly did they say?" He insisted.

"Just that they were there to bring me home.. And what I am.. But I wont do it!" I said as loud as I could manage.

"What do you mean?"

"I won't become what they want me to.. Not if that means I'd have to kill you.."

He smiled and lifted me up to hug me. "I'm glad to hear that.." He said hugging me closer. "So.. You don't hate me?"

"I could never hate you.. I.. I love you.." I said quietly leaning back to look at him. He smiled and kissed my cheek lightly still looking a little troubled. "What's wrong?" I asked rubbing my neck gently.

"Well.. When the other vampires find out your the next hunter, they're going to come looking for you. They won't stop till your dead.." He sighed. "Don't worry though, I'll protect you."

"Just as long as you don't bite me again..," I mumbled softly feeling suddenly tired.

"Did it hurt that bad?" He asked feeling bad that he did that.

I shook my head slightly as I laid it on his shoulder, "Not really." I lied.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered as I slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

I thought to myself trying to force myself to speak but no words would come out. I thought to myself. I tried to speak to get the voices attention but my words only came out in a mumble. I opened my eyes slowly, the light not as bright as it was before. I tried to sit up but my body was so numb I couldn't. I looked around a bit noticing I was in Dent's apartment. I'm not dead? I thought. I shivered and grabbed the closest blanket I could after noticing I was only wearing my tank top and shorts. I looked up and saw Dante and Tyler standing in the kitchen talking to each other. Jay and Ryan sat in the chairs asleep. Dante looked over at me as I moved around, he looked worried. I sighed and watched him and Tyler walk over to me, ready to yell at me or whatever they had planned to do when I awoke. Dante kneeled down in front of me dripping wet, looking a bit happier that I was awake. Dante spoke softly looking into my eyes.



© 2009 . o O (Deepest_Thoughts)


Author's Note

. o O (Deepest_Thoughts)
The saddest chapter yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on April 27, 2009


Author

. o O (Deepest_Thoughts)
. o O (Deepest_Thoughts)

J-town., NY



About
Hey my names Amber. I live in NY and love to write in my free time. [: more..

Writing