Thin

Thin

A Story by Academy6
"

No matter how you look, how you eat, how you think or how you dream, I know your awesome. By: Love Me

"
Dear girls and boys of the world,


Hello there! We are Academy6, and I am Love Me, the writer of some of the darker stories on this account. We both are young writers, younger then fifteen, and have something really important to say. Over the course of our years of living, girls and boys our age and of older and younger ages have been starving themselves to get 'skinny'. Many people I know have at least once thought, or still think they are at a weight to big for the average person. I know boys and girls my age that starve themselves (or close to it) because they think the are unnaturally large. If this continues, I could eventually see someone I know die because of it. I watch girls, everyday, sit in the cafeteria and not eat. Why? Well when I ask, I always get the same excuse. "I'm not to hungry." Or "I'm to busy to eat." And sometimes " the food here is to gross to eat.". But not ten minutes later I hear "Guys! I've lost 2 pounds from skipping breakfast and lunch!"

For some reason, these girls think that they are overweight. And I don't understand why. But not just girls, boys too. They think they need to be super thin to ever get anywhere in life. But you don't! I can promise you right now that I have never, ever want to get as skinny as a pole. And some people say they don't want to, but I know they want to get as close as possible. I, a thirteen year old girl, weigh 125 pounds. I'm not fat. I'm not overweight. I'm right where I, myself, should be. I'm five foot four and I'm perfectly happy with my body. In fact, I'm probably more happy with myself than ever. But I understand what you girls and boys are talking about. There was a time when I wanted to be skinny. But I couldn't do it. Wanna know why? Cause I'm already skinny enough! And the girls out there that think there fat weigh less than me.

I know what it's like, to think that I'm so fat that I could break a swing if I swung on it. To think that if I stood on a ladder it would collapse under me. To wonder what would happen if I stood on a ship to long! And it took me forever to realize how amazing I am. I brag about how much I love myself and many think I'm self centered. But then they just remember how confident I am :) and they except me for who I am. And so do I. Now how could I be so confident in my body? Simple.

Through the age ranges of 10-17 (usually. This doesn't mean always.) a human's body is changing. Growing and forming into what it wants to be. And nothing you can do can stop that. Unless there some kind of stupid surgery to stop the changes of the human body without good reason. I, personally, didn't care about my body until I was 12 years old. When I was 11 years old, I weighed myself and actually looked at the weight. That's when I freaked out. I was 140 pounds!!!!! I was freaking out! I thought I was fat and gross and ate to much. But that wasnt the case. The way my body was growing and changing was something that doesn't just happen to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was very common for girls and boys. I would get super chubby and after about a month, would grow and everything would shrink down.

This might not be the case for you, but it could be.

It's just I never noticed how my weight moved until I was 11. My mom said she saw it. She just didn't bring it up because she didnt know I cared. And now look at me! I don't give a coke. I weigh a perfect weight for my body. Not yours. So don't even think about comparing your body to mine. I could hear your brain thinking. Your body is not mine. And my body's not yours. If you weigh more than me, then your probably going to have a growths spurt (make sure to have some calcium throughout the day.) and if you way less, then keep leaving cause you're amazing to.

And now matter what, YOUR PERFECT.

I've never met a person that I thought was ugly or dumb. Everyone I've met makes me smile. Even those girls and boys who called me stupid. I could never find at least one thing that made me smile or even cry for them. Cause if your anything but perfect then you're wrong. Cause you are perfect. And perfect is not stick thin, covered in makeup, having an asymmetrical face, or having the best things. Perfect, is being you. Not a model (unless you want to be a model which is a good job as long as you're being true to yourself.) or some super tiny, skin showing, pop star. You're amazing no matter what. And once I'm in a movie and at the Oscars or Golden Globe awards, you'll all think back about the time you thought you were fat.

"To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one. It's society who's ugly." That was said by one of the most known woman in the world, Marilyn Monroe. She is probably the best role model (even though there are many people that can inspire you greatly) in the world. She did what she wanted and lived her life the right way. Happy and proud of her body. And we all should be inspired to think the positive way. When she was an adult (btw a girl or boy does start to get their adult body around the age of 9-15) she weighed between 118-140. Mind blowing piece of info! I didn't know this until a couple days ago in school. She wasnt this tiny little thin women. She was curvy and proud, and absolutely beautiful. Just like you.

Please, please, don't ever think you're anything but amazing! I really hope you take what I wrote to heart. I meant it all. I love you and every little thing about you. I want you all to know that. This is from the MIND AND HEART OF A YOUNG GIRL. Someone who went through what many have. I love you, world! Keep leaving happy!




© 2014 Academy6


Author's Note

Academy6
I meant everything. I love you all!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow I love how deep this is! It's a very serious topic and you portrayed that serious aspect very well

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful!! Well said!
-Your partner in writing


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2014
Last Updated on January 19, 2014
Tags: Weight, beauty, life, eating, skinny, thin, body, perfect

Author

Academy6
Academy6

CO



About
The children all over the world are crying out, and the world is darkening. It has fallen into dispair. We are those children. Hear our voices. more..

Writing
Fever Fever

A Story by Academy6


Screen Screen

A Story by Academy6