November 14, 2069

November 14, 2069

A Chapter by Academy6
"

Chapter 2

"


Bait waited impatiently for the food to arrive. She rubbed her hands together to loose the cold in her finger tips. Shivers racked up her spine and she looked at the door angrily. Suddenly the door opened and a girl with light red hair came out. In her hands was a slice of bread and a cup of water. Bait rolled her eyes and took the food from the older.

"This was all you could get?" She asked angrily. Alex rolled her eyes.

"You better be happy I got that. My mom didn't even want me to take this to you. She said you can go a night without eating our food." The teen stated.

"Yeah, whatever." Bait growled. She bit the bread quickly and chugged the water. Alex smiled at her friend and took a seat next to her. Bait sighed once all of the food was gone and looked at her friend. More like, caretaker.

"Thanks." She said quietly. Alex nodded.

"Im sorry I couldn't get anything else." She told the raven haired girl. "I wish I could get you more." Bait waved her hand off at the other teen.

"You tried. I'll be alright." She stated. "When do you have to go back in?" She asked. Alex looked around in thought.

"Technically I'm supposed to be at a party which ends at eight. So around eight ten." Bait smiled and took her friend's hand in hers. She pulled alex up as she stood.

"Lets go on an adventure!" She exclaimed. Alex's eyebrow rose.

"What kinda adventure?" Alex asked as the shorter girl pulled her out of the alley. She looked around at the high billboards with moving pictures above then. Advertisements and movie trailers covered the buildings around them. The only natural light now was from the crescent moon's shine. They walked down the streets of New York city. One girl wearing a bright pink shirt and jeans the other wearing raggedy cloths from a garbage can.

They walked together, getting weird glances here and there, but ignoring them completely. The walk went like this for awhile, until they arrived at their destination. They were at the window of a families apartment. A mom and dad were in the kitchen cooking together while the kids were placing food at the table. Bait smiled.

"Okay, so I need you to go around back," she picked up a rock from in her pocket. She handed it to her red haired friend. "And through this rock at there window."

Alex looked at her friend with an astonished face. "Uh, no. I'm not breaking a window." Bait rolled her eyes as Alex refused to take the rock.

"The window wont break; they're unbreakable now. Trust me I tried it myself. Now, you're going to throw the rock and run over to that pizza place." She pointed to the restaurant across the street. "I'm going to sneak in through this window and get some food, okay? I'll meet you there."

Alex took the rock cautiously. "Are you sure?" She asked frightened.

"Oh yeah." She laughed. "This plan is fool proof. See, I even got these cool mask for us to wear."

Alex didn't even want to know wear she got the masks. She took one and covered her face before running toward the back. "You owe me!" She whispered back loudly. Bait nodded as she laughed quietly.

"I know."

She sat and waited quietly for the older to finish her task. Then she heard it. The sound of a rock hitting the window. She looked at the family through a window. They were all confused and all went up to figure out what the sound was. She smiled and opened the window slowly.

Bait put her first foot through the window and walked into the apartment. She closed in on the table with a bag in her hand. Her hand reached out, quickly placing many of the biscuits in the bag. She put one in her mouth before running out the window and toward the pizza restaurant. She smiled to herself, a mouth still full of food.

"We did it!" She exclaimed. "We did it-" she then looked around, just now noticing her friend not being there. She looked around for her friend and her heart dropped. "Oh no." She ran back toward the apartment and toward the back of the apartment.


© 2014 Academy6


Author's Note

Academy6
hope you enjoyed chapter 2!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please, please, please write more! I need to know what happened!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on February 4, 2014
Last Updated on February 4, 2014
Tags: Chapter, stealing


Author

Academy6
Academy6

CO



About
The children all over the world are crying out, and the world is darkening. It has fallen into dispair. We are those children. Hear our voices. more..

Writing
Fever Fever

A Story by Academy6


Screen Screen

A Story by Academy6