The Beasts of Willow Forest [Chapter II]

The Beasts of Willow Forest [Chapter II]

A Story by Tiffany Kelley

Some of the men instantly began vomiting. Seven of them ran back into to town as if Monster’s wild pack of wolves were chasing them. Mayor Edwards and the four other men who decided to stay were pulling up their shirts to mask the horrific smell of the decomposing animals that were before them.

“Jesus Christ, there is at least a hundred of ‘em!” Shouted one of the men who went by the name Virgil.

     “What kind of sick b*****d would do this!?” Piped up another volunteer named Gerald.

     As the men were still trying to fight down their wives’ breakfast, Mayor Edwards had no intention of giving up. He started sifting through the shack, dead animals included. He was on the search for any type of clue or hint as to where Monster may have taken his precious Rory.

     “Well don’t just stand there twiddlin’ your thumbs men! You’re either here to help me or not! If you choose ‘not’, then there is the damn door!” Mayor Edwards preached as his blood began to boil in his round face.

     The men begin to hesitantly help the Mayor. They start yanking out the drawers to Monster’s dresser. Searching and searching for the slightest hint, Virgil found a piece of paper with bloody finger prints smeared all over it.

     “Mayor! MAYOR! I think you should have a look at this here paper!” Shouts Virgil.

     The Mayor then drops the cot he had lifted up and marches over to Virgil. He jerks the piece of paper out of Virgil’s hand. As he reads it, the men grow silent.

“Well, what did it say?” Whispers Gerald in Virgil’s ear.

Before Virgil even has a chance to repeat what he had read, the Mayor begins to speak with such anger and worry. 

“We are wasting our time here men! She is not here! SHE IS NOT HERE! Where did that evil creature take my beautiful daughter? Damn her kind heart! Damn her mother’s traits!” Mayor Edwards sobs as his eyes begin to fill with glistening tears. He then drops the crimson note on the floor and marches out of Monster’s animal cemetery.

As Virgil follows the Mayor out the door, Gerald and the two other men pick up the note. Gerald begins to read it out loud.

     “Daddy, please forgive me for betraying your words of wisdom. I am sorry and sincere. My heart is still beating and there is air in my lungs. Monster has yet to speak a word to me but I know we are leaving this place. I haven’t a clue where we are going but please look for mother’s pearls. I lov�"

© 2013 Tiffany Kelley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013

Author

Tiffany Kelley
Tiffany Kelley

♎, OK



About
Twenty-two years old, confused by her own self-being. Never had the privilege of figuring herself out other than the fact that she has an unhealthy obsession with Literary Arts. As a child, she spen.. more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by Tiffany Kelley