Teddy

Teddy

A Story by Libri
"

A short horror story about a girl and her teddy

"

Teddy

 

Dear Diary

Today Mommy got me a new toy, it’s a bear and I love him with all my heart. Mommy said that I had to take very very special care of him as he is very expensive and important. I will name him teddy. He is almost as tall as me standing up and I’m almost six and a half years old! His brown fur is extra soft and he smells like strawberry. Teddy’s job is to look after me with his lovely button eyes when I’m sleeping so the monsters don’t get me, I love him very much

Goodnight diary

Dear Diary

Today I, mommy and Teddy all had a day trip to the shopping centre. A man tried to take Teddy away from me, he said that the bear was too important for stupid girls to look after and he would take it! The man ran away when mommy came over and I cried but she bought me an ice cream so I was happy. She didn’t believe me that the man’s eyes were buttons just like Teddy’s.

Goodnight Diary

 

Dear Diary

I woke up this morning and found that one of Teddy’s eyes had fallen off in the night when we were sleeping. He must have had to fight a lot of monsters. I cried but Mommy said she would take him to hospital to get fixed and would be back soon. After we went to the park and I fed the ducks with some bread and raisins. The same man from the shopping centre was there and I was scared but he stayed away by a tree watching us. When mommy noticed the man she said we had to go home so we walked really really fast and my legs hurt but the man still followed us. When we got close to the house the man was gone and mommy said he must have gone home another way but I don’t think he did, I think he walked around the back of the house over our big garden wall, I think he is in the house now and Teddy isn’t back to protect me. I hope he isn’t here because Mommy said we would have a picnic tomorrow and I’m really excited.

Goodnight Diary

Dear Sarah

What wonderful handwriting you have, and a wonderful house too. Did you know that when you were sleeping there were five spiders under your bed? Good job I was there too. I ate the spiders up so they wouldn’t hurt you Sarah. Over the past few nights how I have wanted to reach up from under here and grab you but I couldn’t reveal myself so I waited under here watching you play with your toys and listening to you sleep. Unfortunately there is some rather bad news, you hurt Teddy. Even after I warned you while you were shopping you still hurt him. I’m going to have to hurt you Sarah. Bad children that hurt their teddies have to be hurt too. Teddy lost his eye so you’re going to lose yours, don’t worry though because I have some buttons to replace them with, you can be just like me I’ll take you away and we can protect all the teddy’s together, doesn’t that sound fun? Don’t worry about leaving either, mommy’s dead.    

© 2015 Libri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 25, 2015
Tags: Horror, Epistolary, Short, Creepy

Author