Writing Prompts to Clear Writer's Block

Writing Prompts to Clear Writer's Block

A Poem by RachelReaper
"

hopefully helpful to you

"

Writing prompts to clear Writer's Block

1. Write a story on the most bizarre dream you've ever had that you can remember the most details to, but try to make it as coherent as you can.

2. Write in description about how it feels trying to swim upriver, whether you make it into a fiction piece or a memoir from an actual experience you had, or in a metaphorical sense.

3. Write an old folksong using the theme "How the wind stirs up trouble in the forest".

4. Write an essay on an opinion you've wanted to express for a long time but you weren't quite sure who to tell it to or if you should express it (helps one become an honest writer!).

5. Take a character from someone else's book or movie that isn't the main character, and write in their point of view how they felt and what they saw at a particular problem in the book or scene or in the movie. *Just remember to give credit to the original creators of the movie/character*. You could also make up an entirely different scenario not told in the book or movie using that character.

6. Write a short story or a poem through the point of view of an animal (a great example is your own pet). The more in depth and in that animal's head you can get, the better.

7. Think of all of the sensory details (touch, taste, smell, sight, sound) of things you remember of your favorite season. Write all of them down and then combine them into a poem or a song.

8. Come up with a creature that 100% your own, give it a name, features, and stats if you want and then write a short story on that creature's legend.

© 2013 RachelReaper


Author's Note

RachelReaper
If this was at all helpful to you or if you would like me to make another one of these in the future, please review and tell me!
Blood and kisses

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't have writer's block but I love the suggestions :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This seems really helpfully. I'll have to try some of these the next time I have writer's block. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


RachelReaper

10 Years Ago

thanks
Dark Rider

10 Years Ago

You're welcome!
This was really helpful! Writers' block is indeed an agony. Thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

your welcome :)
I love number 5 it is a fresh idea lol :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
gonna save this for future writers block...
number 1..yeah i have done that before.. but i didn't posted it yet.. its to short and such a cliffhanger... I'll visit that write soon for a re-write someday soon :)
number 2... my write is kinda point of view style...like i write through thoughts of the character... i rarely narrate, though i really like the script type...
number 3...good choice...
number 4...I have been writing journals..so i guess its a good practice...
about number 5 i rarely write fan-fiction but i really wanted to try it for quite sometime...
number 6...never had tried it..nice idea....
number 7...i will try that in my poems someday..
number 8...i made one plant creature in one of my paintings before... when i was still on the process on making it... a story starts to blooms in my imaginations...
this is great my friend...

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thanks for the review :)
thanks, Rachel

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading :)
Oh well truly saying…I thought in the first place that I was reeading my english language board question paper…but to be honest it is more interesting than my question paper…thanks for presenting it. Before us…when my exams will be over I.ll surely write on them and the way you have directed…thanks a tonne rachel!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

your welcome :)
You have nooooo idea the extent of writers block I get sometimes, I'm sure your tips will come into great use! Thank you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it ! Even though I am lucky and I don't get writer's block .

Posted 11 Years Ago


RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

you are lucky! I wish I never got writers block
Moon

11 Years Ago

Yah . I've heard about how difficult it can be to overcome and I consider myself fortunate .
nice

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

780 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013

Author

RachelReaper
RachelReaper

About
Hey!!!!! My name is Rachel, and my unofficial last name is Reaper. I am 14 years old. Blood and kisses to all who review my work, I appreciate it so much and couldn't express to you how much it means .. more..

Writing
Runaway Runaway

A Poem by RachelReaper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Wonder I Wonder

A Poem by Frieda P