The Proposal

The Proposal

A Story by Solum Lupus
"

A tale of true love reaching its potential.

"
Downtown will never be more beautiful than it is tonight. The lightly falling snow under the silver effulgence of the winter's crescent moon turns each individual flake into a small light tumbling gently from heaven. The illumination of the store fronts, office buildings and skyscrapers join in concert with one another to create a carnival of colors. The scene was brought to life by the rapidly speeding cars in the sleek streets and blur of smiling faces traversing the sidewalk of the metropolitan area. And I was waiting. I stood at the Michigan street entrance of Millenium Park admiring the scene from afar, appreciating the perfection of the of this special night. And she appeared. Her forest green eyes, curvaceous 5'9 frame, the bewitching, sarcastic smirk, her coppertone skin all being hidden beneath her brown leather jacket, her shoulder length, dark hair hidden beneath its hood. She approached, a joke waiting behind her luscious lips. "So, handsome. What do they call you around these parts?", she asked in a southern accent. As I opened my mouth to speak, I was cut off. "Took too long. Doesn't matter. My...", was the last thing she said as I lifted her into the air and began tickling her."Okay, okay! Put me down!", she pleaded childishly. After settling down, she peered into my eyes, the smile of an innocent baby appearing on her face. "So, whats up, babe? You wanted to tell me something?". She is so gorgeous, I have to look away or else I may start crying. I grab both of her hands and place them softly into mines. She looks a bit anxious for slight moment and then blurts, "Are you breaking up with me? I will kill you if you had me come all the way down here to do that. I swear." I chuckled, but could see that she was very serious." Celestina, baby, its actually quite the opposite. Its been five amazing years with you, but I've been thinking...", she cut me off, eyes burning with rage. "I knew it! After all we've been through! I can't believe you..." I intervened this time. "Will you shut up and let me finish? I was saying that its been five amazing years that I never want to end." She was in shock and by now, a small crowd forms around us. She smiles, her lips quivering with excitement, tears collecting at the brim of her eyes. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I fell to one knee, reaching into my coat pocket to reveal a 14k sapphire ring. Her steadily crawling tears mingled with the light of the Lunar King, giving them the appearance of precious ore themselves. "Celestina, I need you by my side forever. Since I've met you, I haven't even been able to look at another woman the same way. You're sweet, educated, and we've got the sickest chemistry. I mean, sometimes when we're talking late at night in bed, I feel like you're apart of me and I don't ever want that feeling to end. Marry me, Celestina." By now the crowd had grown large. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she responded. "Yes! Yes, baby! I'll marry you!" I placed the ring back into my pocket before embracing and kissing my wife to be, squeezing her as if I never wanted to let go, and I didn't. Yeah, there'll never be another night like that again, because I relive that night every moment that I'm with her.

© 2012 Solum Lupus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on August 18, 2012
Tags: a, tale, of, true, love, reaching, its, fruition, the, proposal, marriage, wedding

Author

Solum Lupus
Solum Lupus

Chicago, IL



About
We are nothing. We become something. more..

Writing