WEIGHED DOWN

WEIGHED DOWN

A Poem by <Abby.Autopsy>
"

You describe it. Comment. Tell me what YOU think.

"

 

There is a burden on my back....

It's heavy....

Like Guilt.....that sinks in.....ever staying.....and ever changing......

 

 

But never LEAVING. 

 

 

But a hand reached down.....just as I fell.....and wiped my tears.....

 

 

And brushed the burden from my back as if it were a small pebble......

 

 

Yet no matter what.......how many times the One could help......I'd pick the burden up again...

 

 

And carry it on.....until finally......He took it over.......and carried it......

 

 

 

.......................TO THE CROSS

© 2008 <Abby.Autopsy>


Author's Note

&lt;Abby.Autopsy&gt;
please comment. I'm open to anything....even if it's something negative

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, I really like this. The elipses (. . .'s) add so much to the heavy, whiny, foreverness that comes with a burden. Yes, He took my icky burden to the Cross too. I'm just learning to give it all over, everything, to Him. Love it, love it, love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


thankyou i just kind of sat down and wrote it one day because i was bored and it came out...idk what i do but i just kind of write what is on my heart and mind at the time i guess. i get things like this inspired by my youth group friends. it's great to have people like that to inspire you and im nothing without them.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved it. Very deep and very abstract. I like how you made it slow and subtle. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 30, 2008

Author

&lt;Abby.Autopsy&gt;
<Abby.Autopsy>

Island of Misfit Toys



About
M>Y> N>A>M>E> I>S> A>B>B>Y> A>U>T>O>P>S>Y> I wish i were older I wish i were younger I wish I were anywhere in between ppl i absolutely luff and could never live without are: -Zach Amos ZAMOS!!! -.. more..

Writing
roads roads

A Poem by <Abby.Autopsy>