Sun and Rain

Sun and Rain

A Story by Lightfalls
"

Sometimes I look outside of myself for hope.

"
Sitting here, lonely.  Wet from walking in the rain.  My head hurts, I've had too many thoughts lately, and not enough time...

Sometimes I look inside myself. I find that I'm small.  I'm inadequate.  I'm fake. I'm confused. I'm not enough.  I'll never be.  


Cool breezes blow through open windows.  I hear the rain through the open door.
I smell coffee.  It's almost done.

I am missing London, a million miles, a world away.  


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I wish I could hold moments and never let them go.
Instead just I end up chasing time again.


Sometimes I snuggle beneath my fluffy blanket and close my eyes, just wishing....always wishing....you could be with me.

Sometimes, when I hear that perfect song, or someone smiles at me, or I bike down the summer green roads.  Sometimes I'll see a bear in the distance, or go to the ocean and watch fish jump.  Wading out to sea, swimming with piercing cold waves.  Sometimes life seems beautiful and almost....perfect.  But I never forget you.  Not for a moment.  I always wish you were here.   But sometimes I live outside myself, and problems seem....so small.

































 






Yesterday I stood in the ocean.  Facing the deep, I feel a part of a world so far beyond my own.  The sea touches the shores miles away, but more then that, it touches the distant sky.  That sky that I once touched....once.  And it touches you.  As I did.  Once.

I watch the sky where the horizon line meet the sea.

Gentle wafts, breezes touch my face.  I close my eyes.  It smells like wildflowers.  They are blooming wild pink and blue along the scattered grasses hidden at the edge of the woods beside the sea.  It's summer now, God's gift to an empty world.  Sunlight, and rain showers.  Warm sky, blue and golden nights and....well, life is here now in full bloom.


:::::::::::::::::::

I shiver in the cold breeze as my bare feet touch the concrete floor.  I watch the rain falling hard just outside.  The earth welcomes it, with its show of green and new life born through the storms.



I look outside of myself.

And smile.












































© 2010 Lightfalls


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great write from the start till the end.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 7, 2010

Author

Lightfalls
Lightfalls

Edge of the World, AK



About
I'm not about being tied down and limited with words. Words are just a shadow of life anyways, and only used because they simplify things. Sometimes there are things far, far beyond words, that you .. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Lightfalls





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5