Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by LilMissWriter17
"

Stephenie's point of view

"
Chapter Seventeen: Stephenie

When I awoke, Dad was gone. I was being held hostage; there wasn’t another word for it. After everything that he’d done, I didn’t really want to see him ever again. 
I didn’t even want to know what else he’d done, and I’d suspected something since he kept disappearing every few days. 

He said he just wanted to take me on holiday, and spend time with me. But then Mum had called me up, all crazed and hysterical on the phone, telling me the truth. The thing was, I thought my father was dead, I was told that he was dead every time I asked about him…. But now, I really wish that he was.

He may be my father, but he isn’t a nice person. 

Lewis was asleep beside me. There was something weird about him too. We’d been in a relationship on and off for months, but it never seemed real…
I didn’t know what was going on, but I was sure going to find out. I hadn’t heard from Mum either, it had been weeks. I hoped she was okay; if Dad had touched her, then I’d definitely do something drastic. But I needed to keep cool, seem as though I was completely oblivious but in fact, I was totally suspicious of everything that was happening.

I sat up in bed and stretched, my eyes wondering around the room, as though waking themselves up. ‘S-Steph? S-Steph you awake…’ Lewis mumbled, his face saturated into his pillow. ‘Shhh. S’okay, sleep. I’m just going to get some breakfast.’ I told him, my voice as quiet as it could be. I kissed him gently on his head, ruffled his hair. It was a shame if this whole relationship did turn out to be an act…Lewis was completely gorgeous, and I truly did have feelings for him, but this made me even more cautious for some reason.

I grabbed my dressing gown and slipped out the door before Lewis could stop me. It was only early in the morning, but all of the hotel staff were already rushing about like it was peak time. I suddenly felt hungry when I smelt a whiff of freshly baked croissants and jams floating out of the dining room. 

‘Morning Miss Morgans. Breakfast?’ A voice asked. I span around to face the waiter, ‘Sure, but maybe I should get dressed?’
‘Or, would you like room service?’
‘Sure.’ I shrugged, ‘Four croissants and pots of jam? And two coffees…’ I said, watching as the waiter wrote down my wishes.
‘It shouldn’t be long.’
‘Okay.’ I smiled, and walked back to the stairs, where I was surprisingly met by Lewis. ‘What’re you doing out of our room…’ He whispered, ‘You know your Dad doesn’t like that!’
‘I-I I was just ordering breakfast?’ I replied innocently, studying his face. ‘Am I not allowed to even do that?’
‘Of course. But you could’ve woken me up?’
‘Why do you always have to be with me wherever I go!’ I exclaimed, feeling a little bit imprisoned.
‘It’s your Dad okay? C’mon, don’t make a fuss.’ He said, pushing my shoulder lightly to get me walking up the stairs.
‘Don’t touch me!’ I shoved his hand away, narrowing my eyes at him. I was fed up, I wanted to go home. 
‘I’m sorry. Is there a problem?’ The same waiter that I’d given my order to stood behind us, with one raised eyebrow. 
‘No, everything is fine.’ Lewis answered before I could even open my mouth.
‘Very well…’ The waiter said, though still looking uneasy as he walked away.
‘Lewis, why do you always have to be with me! I’m perfectly capable of taking care of myself, I’m not a little girl-’
‘You don’t understand. You’re father…’
‘My father? My father said what?’ 
Lewis sighed, pushing his hand through his hair. ‘I-I can’t tell you…I’m sorry.’
‘Tell me.’ I pressed, ‘Please?’
Lewis met my eyes, he was beautiful but I could see that he was anxious, he knew he couldn’t tell me even if he wanted to. It was as if he was scared of my Dad.
He took my chin in his hand, and stroked my cheek, ‘You’re beautiful Steph…’ His words sunk into me, I was completely captivated. 

Automatically, my eyes closed. His lips were warm on mine, I wrapped my arms round his neck, and pressed my body further onto his. He made me feel warm inside, happy. Which was why I was so scared. 

I pulled away first, though my eyes were still shut. Lewis pulled my chin up and kissed me once more, then hugged me tight in his arms. I couldn’t stop the tears that rolled down my cheeks, each tear representing a different emotion. I was so confused, scared, but also, happy.

‘Why are you crying?’ Lewis whispered, touching my cheek with one finger. 
‘Cause.’ I whispered, ‘Is anything of this real?’ I finally asked the burning question, ‘Are you just playing me along….pretending?’ 
Lewis’s expression was horrified, ‘Why….why would I do that to you Steph?’ He said, his eyebrows quivering a little. He definitely was nervous about something, but that didn’t mean that he was guilty,
‘Because my dad asked you to?’ I murmured, barely speaking the words. I stared at him for a second trying to work out what he was thinking from his face, but he was just frowning, as if letting my words register into his mind before reacting.

I started to walk up the stairs, reaching the first platform before Lewis had even noticed. ‘Steph, wait!’ 
‘I’m just going back to our room, okay?’ 
‘Okay.’ He nodded, then began following me. ‘Wait up!’ He climbed the stairs two at a time to catch up with me, grabbed my hand and pressed his lips to it. 
I squeezed his hand and smiled, ‘C’mon.’ 

When we reached our hotel room, I decided to have a shower and get dressed. Lewis sat on our bed, reading the newspaper. Just as I stepped out of the shower, someone knocked on the door, I believed it to be the waiter delivering our food.
‘I’ll get it!’ Lewis called. I heard his footsteps rush towards the door, ‘Oh Michael…’ His tone was disappointing, almost regretful.
‘Who were you talking to?’
Lewis swallowed loudly, ‘No one. Myself?’
‘Lewis, you’ve never been a good liar.’ Dad laughed, though his tone was far from amused. ‘Tell me who you was speaking to!’ He roared, making me jump a little.
‘J-Just the housekeeper!’ Lewis spat. Was he lying for me?
I pressed my hand over my mouth, if Lewis was doing what I think he was doing then I should try and make an effort too. 
‘Whatever. Don’t ever try lying again…’ Dad murmured, ‘Right, it’s done. Where’s Steph?’
‘S-She’s just gone d-down for breakfast…’ Lewis stuttered, I began to wonder what made him so nervous of my father.
‘Good. Is she okay?’
‘Yep fine.’
‘Doesn’t suspect anything?’
‘Don’t know what you mean!’ Lewis laughed.
‘Good, right I’ll go get the van packed up….’

I caught Lewis from the corner of my eye, I made rolling signs with my hands. I needed more information than that, details.
‘So you blew it up?’
‘Yep, threw petrol all over and set it alight. Smoke will be going for hours. If anyone was alive in that house, they won’t be now.’ 
Lewis nodded, ‘Right, good.’
Dad nodded, ‘When Steph comes back up here, call me will you?’
‘Yes boss.’ Lewis said, opening the door for Dad to go out and shutting it again.

He breathed heavily when the door had shut, and collapsed onto the bed. I waited for a couple of minutes, then crept out of the bathroom. ‘Lewis? You okay?’ I gently stroked his cheek, his eyes flickered open. ‘I don’t suppose you heard any of that?’
‘Every single word.’ I said, smiling at him sympathetically.
‘I know you want to know what’s going on…but I really can’t. I want to but I can’t.’
‘Because of my dad?’
Lewis nodded nervously, ‘You don’t know what he’s capable of…’
‘Oh Lewis, actually I do. You may not know this, but uh, he killed my grandmother…’
‘You know about that?’
‘Yeah, but that’s all I know. You probably know more than me. Seeing as you’re his…sidekick?’
‘I never wanted to be Steph. I just t-thought…’
‘What? C’mon, just tell me. You’ve got nothing to lose, I wouldn’t dare let him touch you.’
‘He’d hurt you too though. He doesn’t care.’

I was a little taken back by his words. I’d never thought of my own father harming me, but if he was capable of harming my grandma and my mother, then why not me?
I’d been so naïve.

‘Is that why I’m here? Is he going to try and hurt me too?’ I suddenly blurted without any control of my own. 
‘No. He won’t hurt you unless…you made him really really angry.’ Lewis explained, his eyes staring into the wall, he looked almost childlike. I was almost afraid to ask the next question.
‘Has he ever hurt you Lewis?’ I whispered, sitting next to him on the bed, gently touching his face. 
‘There isn’t anything you can do…’
‘Lewis, if he’s hurt you…’
‘He only did once.’ He said, ‘But he’s threatened to do it again, which is why I can’t tell you anything! I’m sorry.’ Lewis exclaimed, his eyes sad and terrified. 
‘Okay. That’s okay. You d-don’t have to tell me…’ I whispered, feeling my heart break. I felt his tears drip onto my t-shirt, as I hugged him close to me. I couldn’t believe that my father would make a teenager, an almost man cry. Lewis was absolutely terrified of what my father would do, and he was a guy.

Boys were supposed to be strong. Lewis should be strong and tough, and be able to protect. I hated seeing him cry, I hated feeling his tears on me. It made me feel like I was hopeless; if my dad could bring Lewis down, then what the hell would he do to me?

I didn’t even want to consider it.

‘Shhhh. S’okay.’ I murmured, caressing his face. ‘I’m always here. I promise…’
‘You shouldn’t have to see me cry Steph.’ Lewis sniffled, raising his head. ‘I’m sorry.’
‘You idiot.’ I insulted him softly, ‘Don’t be so silly.’ I giggled, kissing him on the cheek. ‘Crying doesn’t make a man weak. It just proves that you have emotions, you have a heart…’
Lewis smiled, ‘That’s another way of looking at it.’
‘It’s my way. You’re not weak. You’re strong, so so strong…’ I pressed my hand to Lewis’s chest, reaching his heart. ‘But sometimes, you’re just too strong….and you can’t handle it anymore.’
Lewis chuckled, ‘So basically, I’m having a crisis! Thanks for the encouraging words Steph…’
‘No!’ I laughed, ‘I mean, this….this is just a hiccup. Doesn’t mean you’re not strong anymore. It just makes you stronger!’ 
Lewis smiled. He truly did have the most wonderful smile. ‘You’re remarkable, you know that?’ 
‘Remarkable? Ooooh, that might be a little too posh for me…’ I winked playfully, ‘Some might say, special or extraordinary….Remarkable? Mehhhh!’
‘Cheeky.’ Lewis whispered, stroking my cheek with his other hand in my hair. ‘Come here.’ He murmured, the last spoken words before his lips had hit mine again.

I smiled when his lips had travelled to my neck. ‘Lewis?’ I whispered, my eyes still closed. He kissed me gently on my lips, my nose, my eyes…
‘I-I think I love you…’ I murmured. Lewis froze, his eyes meeting mine. ‘Really?’
‘Yeah.’ I said, kissing him once. 
‘I think I love you too Stephenie…’
I grinned, pulling him closer to me. ‘We’ll get through this…’ I said, hugging him.
‘I know.’ Lewis replied. 


© 2012 LilMissWriter17


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012
Tags: hostage, shocked, confused, overwhelmed, in love, forbidden love


Author

LilMissWriter17
LilMissWriter17

United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Jess, i'm 19 :) I love reading, writing and drawing :) My dream is to be a published writer, I love writing, it is my passion and I'll never give it up! :) My favourite authors include JK Rowl.. more..

Writing