Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by LilMissWriter17
"

Intense chapter...Florence wakes up, she has no idea where she is. She has no idea if her baby is okay, and then....things begin to get even worse.

"
Chapter Twelve; 

The next time I opened my eyes, my body shook with unfamiliar jolts, my eyes were puffy and sore from crying so much. My bones ached, it hurt so much to just stretch my arm, or my leg. I found myself sitting up against a dirty wall, in such darkness. I had no idea where I was, and I don’t think I’d ever been so scared in my entire life.

I moaned as I cautiously moved myself from my current position. My eyes were only half open; they kept flickering, opening and closing at their own pace. I tried my best to analyse my location, but my eyes didn’t want to stay open long enough for me to do so. I let them close again, and breathed deeply, feeling my throat tense up and the tears from my eyes trying to push their way out. I wasn’t going to cry, I couldn’t, I had to be strong. I’d get out of here, and I’d be a survivor, not another one of Michael’s victims.

I was determined.

I moved myself again so I was sat, pressed up against the wall on my side. I pressed my cheek onto the wall, the coldness made me gasp but only five seconds later my body was already used to it. I ran my hand through my hair, it felt dirty and straw like, I had no idea how long I’d been here. It could have been days, I could have been down here for days, unconscious. Now that is a scary thought.

I could hear my heart beating through my ears, I listened to it as I leaned against the wall. My throat was so dry that it felt numb, I wanted to shout out to see if anyone else was in here, but I knew my voice wouldn’t be loud enough. I opened my eyes again, and widened them, they were finally awake. It was dark, and cold, and it stank. Was I in some sort of underground dungeon? It felt like it.

As I breathed, an absolute ghastly stench had risen. I could smell blood, and a rich scent that was completely indescribable, it smelt old, dirty and damp. It smelt like out of date meat, mixed with rotten eggs, but worse. It smelt completely and utterly disgusting.

I pinched my nose, and tried not to breathe it in, how the hell would I survive in here? I let go of my nose, and began to cough. Tears trickled down my cheeks, I sobbed at my own despair. ‘Help!’ I screamed, my voice still crackly and rough. ‘Help!’ I croaked, I tried my best to scream as loudly as I could, but my throat was so unbelievably sore, it hurt to even breathe. ‘Heeeelp….’ I yelled again, sobbing. ‘Help me.’

‘I’ll help you.’ A voice whispered.
My eyes crazily scanned the room, but it was too dark to see anybody. ‘I’ll help you, but you need to stay quiet okay?’
‘Okay.’ I murmured.
‘Alright, it’s going to be okay.’
‘Where are you? I c-can’t see you.’ I said, through my tears.
‘Shhh! Don’t say anything.’ The voice ordered.

I kept quiet, but the voice had not spoken again. I shivered, moving myself so that my back leaned against the wall. I stared into the darkness, trying to perceive anything, anything that would comfort me.

Unexpectedly, a piercing bloom of light flourished into the room, I held my hand in front of my eyes, while still trying to see what was happening. The room was now fully lit, I was sat at the back end of the prison, to my left was a small hidden away staircase and at the front, was a very large metal door. No wonder the room was so unbelievably dark, there were no windows and no such light would make it through that door. The floor was covered in dust and dirt, blocks of wood and bricks piled up in every corner. 

Standing in front of the open door, and in the middle of the prison, was a tall and strong built looking man. He was wearing a tight, white tank top which didn’t even try to cover up his bulging muscles, and some old looking tracksuit bottoms.
He was hefty, and not the type of guy you’d ever want to piss off or mess with. I curled up in a ball, my arms holding my knees close to my chest. I pressed my face down into my knees, and calmed my breathing. It wasn’t exactly the best position to try and play dead, but it was worth a go. 

I wasn’t even going to dare to speak, and even if the guy spoke to me, I wouldn’t say a word. This guy was probably one of Michael’s henchmen, anything that I did wrong or that pissed this guy off, would be reported straight to him.

‘Oii you!’ The guy suddenly yelled, his voice deep and gruff. ‘Oiii!’ He yelled again, irritated by my silence. ‘Answer me!’ 
Again, I didn’t answer. I didn’t care if this guy ended up killing me, I didn’t trust myself to speak. A minute later, and something hard and sharp had punched into my side. I groaned in pain, pressing my hand onto the side of my stomach. I winced when I looked down and saw that I was bleeding, by my side was a small piece of brick that the guy had thrown straight at me.

‘NO!’ I screamed, as the pain became worse. ‘No!’ Blood seeped out of the wound, my mind washed over me like a wave in the sea. ‘You’ve killed my baby!’ I screamed, sobbing so hard I couldn’t breathe any longer. ‘You’ve killed my baby…’
‘WELL YOU SHOULD’VE BLOODY ANSWERED ME THEN!’ The guy shouted back at me, ‘You hideous piece of scum!’ He roared, screwing his face up angrily. ‘I’ll be back, don’t you dare move!’ He warned, before walking out and slamming the prison door with one big bang. It echoed for a while, and for a while, this was the only thing I heard. It was pitch black again, and I was still sobbing my heart out. My hand was now covered in my own blood, and I had no idea if my baby was okay.


‘Helllllllllllllllllp.’ I cried, stretching out the word. My face was numb with dry tears, my whole body ached, and my head was pounding from his unbearable voice.
‘Listen…’ The voice returned, ‘I’m going to help you okay? I promise you Florence. You’ll get out of here.’
‘Steph?’ I gasped, ‘Steph is that you!’ 
‘Don’t say anything else Florence. You need to do as I tell you…’ 
‘Helllllp me…please help me Steph.’
‘I’m right here. I will help you.’ I felt a hand touch my shoulder, it was warm and comforting. I grabbed it with my other hand, ‘Steph!’ I cried, ‘Oh thank god.’
‘Listen to me Florence! This is the only way you’ll be able to get out of here..’
‘Okay, okay I’m listening.’ I swallowed as salty tears ran into my mouth.
‘Right, you need to make Michael and those other men think that you’re dead okay?’
I cried even harder at the thought, ‘No Florence, it’s going to be okay….’ Steph murmured, ‘Lay on the floor, with your head staring up at the ceiling. You mustn’t move or breathe or do anything. If anyone finds out you’re pretending, you will be absolutely dead. You hear me?’ Her words didn’t make any sense at all, but we didn’t have any time to talk actual sense.
I nodded in the darkness, still gripping tightly onto Steph’s hand. ‘Okay right, I’m going to help you.’ Steph said, she commanded me to lay down, and produced a plastic cup from her pocket, she collected blood from my stomach and poured it by my head. ‘Put your head by the blood. Right, I’m gonna clean up this wound. You’re pregnant aren’t you?’
‘Yeah.’ I shivered, ‘How can you do anything, it’s pitch black!’ 
‘I’m just going to try stop the blood…’ She said, pressing down a cloth to my stomach. ‘Okay, that’s better. As soon as we get you out of here, we’ll make sure your baby is okay, alright? Now just remember, don’t move a muscle.’
‘What happens after that?’
‘Don’t worry. The rest is up to me…’ She said, ‘By the way, I’m not Stephenie, but I didn’t want to alarm you. I’m Frankie.’ 
My heart skipped a beat, ‘W-What?’ 
‘No, no! Florence, I know Steph. She’s fine, you’ll see her soon..’ Frankie assured me, her voice was lower than a murmur, but still clear enough for me to hear.

Though it was pitch black, we stared at each other and smiled. It felt like a lifetime since I’d smiled, or been happy, or done anything happy at all. 
Both of our heads snapped in the direction of the door when we heard the sound of footsteps and voices. ‘Okay, I’m going now. You can do it.’ Frankie squeezed my hand, and then disappeared again.

I lay my head down by the blood, and kept my body straight. I closed my eyes, ready to become dead. The door opened, and in came the henchman.
 I forced my eyes open and stared up at the ceiling, my body absolutely frozen and my eyes unblinking.

It was the same henchman that had appeared before, he stood in the same place and observed me. His hand stuck to his face, it passed through his hair and was back on his chin, he looked totally confused. ‘Michael!’ He yelled, walking out of the prison, but I could still feel his presence .
I let out a big breath, and then took another one as he returned with his boss. ‘I think she’s dead.’
‘She’s dead?’ Michael echoed, ‘You flaming idiot! I didn’t tell you to kill her!’ He roared.
‘I-I didn’t kill her.’ His henchman stuttered, ‘When I checked on her she was fine! I made her bleed, but she was fine, Michael.’
‘Well she couldn’t have been f*****g fine Scott! This isn’t good, this isn’t good at all!’ 
‘I didn’t do anything boss!’ 
‘You said you made her bleed?’
‘I threw a piece brick at her, but that’s only because the b***h didn’t reply to me.’
Michael sighed, ‘You shouldn’t…you should of let me check on her!’ Michael shoved Scott.
‘You wasn’t free boss!’
‘Alright, okay…’ Michael murmured, as though to himself. 
‘I’ll dispose the body,’ Scott said, and began to approach me.
‘No! No! Don’t touch her. We can’t touch her at all, we have to leave her.’ Michael pulled him back, his eyes wide and his voice distracted.
‘What? Just leave her. That’s gonna stink boss. We’ve already have loads-’
‘Scott!’ Michael put his hand up, ‘Just do as I say, alright?’ His voice still sounded absent, as though his mind was elsewhere. 
Scott nodded anxiously, ‘You’ll lock up this prison, and never come back in here okay. There can’t be any evidence that any of us were ever in here, got it?’
Scott nodded, ‘Okay boss. If that’s what you want.’ 
‘It is.’ Michael said, and then they both silently walked out of the prison.

Once I was completely sure that they had disappeared, I sat up and shook the blood out of my hair. I checked my stomach, and breathed with relief when I saw that it had stopped bleeding. I hoped and prayed that my baby would be alright, that was all that I could think about right now.

I waited for Frankie to appear, but she didn’t. I returned back to leaning against the wall, I breathed heavily but smiled to myself, proud of my sudden acting skills. My eyes became heavy again, so I figured that I’d sleep for a while…
Frankie would return soon and wake me up…Everything would be okay again, wouldn’t it? Well, I was praying it would.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Florence…’ A voice whispered my name, ’Florence? Florence, can you hear me?’ The voice said, soft and tenderly. ’Florence. Wake up, you’re safe….’ 
The words floated around in the air, trying to get through, into my brain. My eyes didn’t want to open, they didn’t want to be unstuck. I sniffed, and screwed up my face, pressing my eyes shut as hard as I could and then trying to open them up. 
I tried to move, but my body ached so much. I groaned as I awakened, and stretched a little, even though it hurt. My eyes flickered open, and I stayed led on the floor, while four waiting faces watched me. ‘Aah!’ I jumped out of my skin when I opened my eyes up wide enough, and saw their faces right in mine. ‘Girls! Give her some space.’ One of the four faces said, ‘Sorry Florence. We didn’t mean to scare you.’ 
‘Uh?’ I screwed my face up again, wondering where I was and who these people that were crowding me actually were. I didn’t recognise any of them. I couldn’t remember anything. Had I passed out again?

I stretched again, and attempted, once more, to raise myself and sit up. But it was no use, my back felt so heavy and ached like I’d been sleeping with bricks on my back all night. I struggled to keep my eyes open, I felt so helpless. ‘It’s okay Florence. I know you’re in pain. You’ll be all better soon, promise…’ One of the girls smiled cautiously, ‘Do you remember anything at all sweet?’ She asked.
My eyes fell shut again, I frowned and then it all came flooding back in one huge river full. ‘Oh god!’ I gasped, forcing myself to sit up. ‘You! I thought I was going to die- oh my god!’ I babbled in shock, pressing my hand to my stomach which made another river of memories come flooding back. ‘My baby!’ I gasped, groaning at my dry throat.
‘Alright, alright sweetie. It’s okay. Calm down.’ She said, sitting down next to me from her kneeling position. She rubbed my back, and tried to make me face her. ’Michael has fled, you did it honey! You made them think you were dead and now you’re gonna be fine, you hear me?’ She said, her voice booming and bold. She had some kind of accent, I just couldn’t figure out what it was right now.
I shivered, remembering last night. I’d never get over it, it would always be in the back of my mind. Michael had scarred me for life. I’d never, ever be normal again. He’s ruined my life! I sat, overwhelmingly thinking of all these thoughts, while this girl was talking about god knows what, and then helplessly, I burst into tears.
‘He’s ruined my life!’ I blubbered, ‘How? How can I go on? He’s completely-’ My crying interrupted the end of my sentence, ‘ruined my l-l-life!’ 



‘Charlene, move a minute sweet..’ Another voice boomed towards us, ‘She needs some special time Char…’ 
‘Oh okay. Alright, sorry…’ Char stood up from where she was sat and ushered the other girls away from me.
‘Florence.’ The other girl smiled, and somehow, I could recognise her face. She was beautiful, sparkling hazel eyes and big, bold red hair. It felt like a lifetime since I’d seen colour. ‘You remember me, don’t you?’ She said, as though I would or well, should. She patted my hand softly, ‘Don’t worry if you can’t. It was really dark.’
‘Frankie!’ I cried, with joy and relief. ‘Oh my god!’ Without any control, my body fell into hers and thankfully she caught me.
‘You did it.’ She said, while hugging me, ‘You’re so brave Florence! I’m so proud of you!’ 
‘Me? Brave?’ I said, trying to smile through my salty tears. ‘Pffft. You’re kidding right?’
Frankie half smiled, ‘It’s over. You can stop thinking about it now.’
‘I can’t.’ I said, my voice trembling. ‘I’m scarred for life. He’s completely ruined my life.’
‘Don’t be so negative. What about this?’ She said, rubbing my stomach, making me look down at it. I definitely now had a cute little bump. ‘I don’t even know if the baby is okay! What would I do Frankie?’ I murmured, my voice couldn’t do much else just yet. I couldn’t even think about what I’d do if I lost the baby, because of him! I’d be completely broken. Completely broken. Forever.

‘Stop thinking about it, Florence. You can’t keep going over it.’ 
‘But it isn’t even over!’ I screamed, ‘What if he comes back!’ 
‘He won’t come back Florence, he never does.’ Her tone was undeniably effortless, so calm and soft. It definitely was making me calmer.
The words clicked into my brain, and they tried to make sense. But I knew I’d have to ask to know any more than I could realise. ‘What do you mean…’ I swallowed, ‘He never does?’ I pushed my blood soaked hair out of my face, and wiped my face clean of tears. 
Frankie patted my hand again, ‘We’ve all been through it, Florence.’ She whispered.
‘What?’ My eyes widened.
‘All these girls. They were just like you.’
‘Just like me?’ I stared at her in horror, her words not making any sense.
‘We’ve all been down in that prison, each of us have had our own bad experiences. You’re just one piece of it Florence…’ 
I shook my head, as though that would make her words connect with my brain. ‘You…were down there?’ 
Frankie nodded, solemnly. ‘That’s how we all know how you feel Florence.’ She explained, ‘Charlene is well…probably the most upbeat person here…’ She said with a hint of a smile, I couldn’t help smiling too. ‘She didn’t mean to be the sunshine in your negative thoughts…’ 
I laughed once, ‘She’s right though. I shouldn’t feel like this. I can get through this.’
‘And you will.’ Frankie smiled, forcing my chin up. ‘You’re doing so well already.’
‘I-I just want to go home…’ I said, ‘How long have I been here?’
‘I don’t think you can handle that just yet.’ She said, with honesty. ‘You need to take your time, you can ask all the questions you like but I’m really not sure you’re ready for the answers…’
I swallowed, staying silent. I was just trying to make myself realise that I was okay, I was alive, I wasn’t going to die. Actually, scrap that…I could still die.
These girls could be a trick, they could all know Michael and in any minute turn into flesh eating zombies. 
‘Florence?’ Frankie’s voice snapped me out of my hideous day dream. ‘You’re doing it again, aren’t you?’
‘No.’ I replied, squeezing my eyes shut.
‘Yes you was. Don’t lie…’
I shrugged, trying not to let myself cry again. ‘I can’t help it.’
‘But I can, we can. Now, lets wake you up a little and get you some water and food shall we?’
‘You have food and water?’ I stared at her in disbelief before my lips could curve up into a grin. 
‘How you do you think we’d survive without food and water, Florence?’
‘I don’t know…’ I shrugged, trying not to meet her eyes.
‘Oh c’mon, you really don’t think we end up killing each other?’ 
‘I can’t say it didn’t pass through my mind.’ I admitted sheepishly.
Frankie laughed, a sound that was somewhat still weird and distant to my ears. ‘Don’t be embarrassed, it isn’t a foolish thing to think about…’
I finally met her eyes again, ‘So, it is kind of true?’
‘Well put it this way, none of us have done anything like that but Michael…he’s…well…’
‘What, Frankie? He’s what?’
Frankie shook her head absently, shaking away the thought of even telling me. I knew that it would be a while until I got everything that had happened and everything he’d done, completely out in the open.

But when I did, I’d make sure that he would pay.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


© 2012 LilMissWriter17


Author's Note

LilMissWriter17
Not edited, enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Holyyy... This is just AMZING!!! Oh my goodness! I am legit in love with this book!! Ahhh Its getting so intense and the ending oh my!! Perfect ending for this cahpter!! GAhh can't wait for more!! PLease this book must be published or something!! :):):):)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2012
Last Updated on March 5, 2012
Tags: Kidnap, wounded, unwanted, scarred, trapped.


Author

LilMissWriter17
LilMissWriter17

United Kingdom



About
Hi! I'm Jess, i'm 19 :) I love reading, writing and drawing :) My dream is to be a published writer, I love writing, it is my passion and I'll never give it up! :) My favourite authors include JK Rowl.. more..

Writing