Chapter 1: delivery day

Chapter 1: delivery day

A Chapter by Laura Lewallen
"

this is apart of the prologue that sets up the main characters of the story and their relationships with the rest of the characters. this chapter will specifically set up the criminal aspect

"
New York is a big place with its fair share of dangerous individuals like the Sebastian twins Payton and Mark. You name it they had their hands in it whether it be drugs, gambling, gun running, or what ever other illegal activities perked their interest. Payton was a bright young woman of the age of 30 she was the one who dealt with all the major players in the city. Mark,however, dealt with the more physical side of their enterprise, he made sure everyone stayed in line and did as they were told. If someone stepped out of line or betrayed the twins they were dealt with quickly and without mercy. 
The twins two most lucrative businesses almost went hand in hand, drugs and human trafficking. The drugs were mainly handled by Mark and his crew and if anyone tried to strong arm one of his dealers there was always protection close by to set things right. Very few street guys got away with hustling Mark's boys but if by chance one did it wasn't long before he was visited by one of Payton's hit men known as Reapers; not very people survived a visit from a Reaper. 
Payton's main business was human trafficking. Once she acquired you you where distributed to one of four places to her brother as a dealer, to one of the numerous pimps under her control, one of the younger teens trained to kill for her as a Reaper, or sweat shops there in the city. Most of the people were foreigners or run aways from the other side of the country. She bought anywhere from young adults in their mid-twenties to children as young as five years old, very rarely did she buy infants or toddlers because they were not much use to her unless her baby market was low on available children which rarely happens considering how many prositutes she had that ended up pregnant. 
Today was one such day in which Payton received a call from one of her collectors who had a full load of human cargo on its way from Europe health and ready for any purpose she may need them for. She assembled her crew along with a few semis and headed down to the usual meet, an old warehouse down by the theater district. When she arrived there was sixty people lined up in a row with their heads down they ranged in ages, height, weight, and overall physique. Payton walked up and down the line picking out the ones she liked not caring if she separated siblings or parent from child until she came to two boys with their father she couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor little family.
"Where's your mother?" Payton asked the youngest boy in the kindest voice she could given the circumstances.
" back home in Greece." The little boy responded. Payton looked in awe at the little boy then called over to one of her Reapers to take him. The father and brother started to scream and yell for him back but only received a beating in return. Payton raised her hand for them to stop and then she offered the father her hand.
" how would you like to see your wife again and get to stay here in New York, free of charge, all you have to do is follow a few rules." He took her hand and stood up shaking his head vigorously in agreement. She smiled and turned to the Reaper who took the boy away , Johan, "take them to townhouse 30" and then she turned to the collector a man by the name of Griggs, " the wife, I want u to find her and bring her to me no one else, I want her alive and unharmed." Griggs smiled.
" of course miss Sebastian anything you ask, I am to please." Payton finished looking through the cargo there were only twenty souls left. She had picked several young boys out , approximately 7, who looked like suitable candidates for becoming Reapers or helping out her brother in the drug trade. Her brothers birthday was coming up so she picked the two most beautiful women as a gift for him, one Brazilian about 19 years old , the other a tai girl no older than 24. The other 9 women were going to be divided among her pimps. She thought on it for a few minutes before deciding to take 3 of the men closer to her age for herself as play things and personal bodyguards. The first a young man of the age of 28 from Germany, Stacy, he was tall, well built and fit. The second aged 35 from South Africa, Zachary, he was ripped and about 5'8. The last a French man by the name of Peter about 32 years old of average build but the face of a model. The other 4 good looking men she sent with the 9 women as prostitues, the other 4 went with her brother as his new dealers. The rest of the kids went off to the sweat shops. 
Payton was just about to leave when she heard the soft crying of a little child no more than a year old. She turned back to the line and walked up to a young woman holding a crying infant in her arms.
" you never told me there was a baby in this group, Griggs." She said with excitement .
" she must have had it on the way over ma'am." It was a reasonable excuse many women on these cargo loads were often raped or try to use sex as a way out, and some trips took almost a year to get back to the ports here in New York.
" can I hold the babe?" She asked holding her arms out to the mother, in response she was shakily handed the child. One of Griggs underlings walked up behind the young woman and restrained her as Payton turned and walked away, child in hand.


© 2015 Laura Lewallen


Author's Note

Laura Lewallen
if you think i didnt hit on any important details or have any questions you would like answered in the story let me know there are still 2 other parts of the prologue im gonna do to set up this world completely

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my goodness!! This is fiction, right? Horrible people here in the story. Make them all pay and suffer by the end of the story. Make them all take a beating before execution by the hero who reunites all of the split up families. You could throw in Brian, my British Special Air Service soldier as an undercover operator that takes down this group of b******s. He is a hero, and would make a good hero for the book. The Special Air Service DO go undercover so to speak and hunt down IRA terrorists and such.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015
Tags: human trafficking, coming of age, mafia, abuse


Author

Laura Lewallen
Laura Lewallen

butler, IN



About
i'm from butler Indiana and ive always liked writing stories or even scenes that could one day be part of a bigger story. im not the best at spelling and grammar but i do try more..

Writing