chapter 1: Go! Fight! Win!

chapter 1: Go! Fight! Win!

A Chapter by Laura Lewallen
"

Rebeca Jane takes a tumble at cheer leading practice and fights back horrid memories of her ex Jackson as the gang makes plans for homecoming

"

I’m cold. My face is pressed up against something, and whatever it is, its pleasantly cold. At least it was pleasant until the pain start to rush through my body and make my brain scream ow. I slowly open my eyes only to be greeted by my friend Christabella laying on the floor of the gym looking at me with a worried yet amused look.

I sigh and say “ouch, that hurt.” As I roll over onto my back. My whole squad surrounds me and looks down at me like some sort of hurt puppy they had just found in an alley way. “hit the showers ladies, I think that’s enough for today”. I know cheer leading is tiring and tough for those who are truly dedicated to the sport, but that is no reason for them to have dropped me. Janell rushes over to help me up. She looks white as a ghost and asks me if I’m ok. I tell her I’m fine and walk to the locker room myself, ready for a hot shower and my comfortable sweatpants and hoodie.

By the time I get out of the shower everyone else has left and I am all alone in the locker room. Terrible memories come flooding back to me from months prior, of the gang rape I had been put through by my recently Ex-boyfriend, Jackson, and his buddies while my own brother, jimmy, stood outside keeping a look out for any teachers. After the incident my mother, Starr, kicked him out and threated to call the cops if he ever came back. She was disgusted with him, but I knew her hatred wouldn’t last and today, after six months was his first day back at our house. I wasn’t looking forward to going home and finding my older brother that but it was comforting to know that my two older sisters and oldest brother would be there as well.

I finished changing and headed at towards my car to find Christabella and Janell waiting on me along with Josh and Jerry, the only two guys on the cheer squad. We all pile into my car just as Jackson and he friends pull up in his car.

“hey sugar.” He says trying to start a conversation with me but I merely pull away from the curve head towards my house all the while flipping him the bird.

“what the hell is his problem, after what he did to you he thinks your gonna act like everything is all hunky dory and none of it ever happened.” Josh was furious with Jackson and understandably so. Not only had Jackson raped me but he had also bullied both Josh and Jerry when they were growing up. “if it wasn’t for these stupid rules I would make him pay for what he did to you RJ.”  Like the rest of the people I mainly hung out with the twins weren’t human they were both incubi and had one hell of a temper. 

There were several of us that left hell for the human world and a lot of them left because of me. You see, I was the princess of hell and my original name was Ryouk, after I fell in love with a human man back in the tenth century and broke off my engagement to Jackson, who back then was known as Jadi, he went Bezek and killed both me and my beloved human. After that my cousin Brittany, formally known as Belladonna, cursed him to keep repeating life until I was finally reunited with my love. Brittany is also married to Aaron, who is death by the way, and he helps me out with my current hobby of street racing. Next there are my siblings Willa, Hellena, and Abbadon; they all gave up most of their powers to follow me throughout my various reincarnations. My mother Starr started out as a human, and funny enough my sister Willa was her kindergarten teacher, but after a car crash that should have killed her she made a deal with heaven that allowed and angel named Astral to possess her. Finally, there are my two friends Janell and Christabella, Jane and Chris for short, who ended up getting sucked into this curse as well and, little as they know, are also reincarnated every time they die. Jane started off as King Catherine the Great and Chris started off as Joan of Arch. All together Jimmy is the only odd one out since he was Starr’s human son.

It was about fifteen minutes to get back to my moms and the whole way Chris didn’t stop harping on Josh and Jerry for not doing their part and catching me like they were supposed to instead they were talking about homecoming.

“why do we even have you two on the team if you’re not going to do your jobs and catch her when we toss her from the top of the pyramid. She could have died and they not only would you have me on your asses but the rest of her family, especially Abe”. I’ll admit Chris was right Abbadon would have killed those two if I had been seriously hurt or killed, but she was being a bit over the top I was fine and it wasn’t the first time I had falls like that.

“we didn’t think you would toss her that soon, besides she’s fine. Aren’t you RJ” Jerry asked from my back seat? I smiled and looked at them in my rearview mirror.

“yes I’m fine, but she’s right next time you need to pay closer attention to our stunts. I know you meant no harm by it. And Chris lay off I’m fine and no one is going to tell my brother, sisters, or my mother understood. I don’t feel like cleaning up blood or hiding a dead body today.” Chris looked a bit offended that I took the boys’ side as well as hers, but she also knew I was right, Abbadon wouldn’t give a second thought to literally ripping those two limb from limb. I tried to change the subject to something cheerier and get rid of the uncomfortable silence that hung in the car. “So are any of you going to homecoming this year?” I inquired with a smile. Josh jumped in right away that he was going and hoped that he could find a cute girl or guy to go with him.

“I have this perfect suite and just the most dazzling dress already picked out for my date. It’s going to be perfect.” He was beaming with pride in his choices in attire, but jane just couldn’t help but poke at the fact that he still didn’t have a date.

“how can you be so sure that you date is going to like your choice of dress or even fit into it, you haven’t even had a date to homecoming before.” She was trying to be as nice as possible but it came out very snoodie. It was true though ever since his freshman year he has done the same thing for both fall and winter homecomings and not one time has he had a date to the dance. I almost felt bad for him. It wasn’t like he didn’t look good; he was actually very attractive. Both he and his brother had a chiseled jawline and they were tan in complexion Josh had shoulder length black hair and dark blue eyes, Jerry on the other hand had short brown hair and bright hazel eyes. They were both very tall, almost 7 feet tall, and very muscular. They looked more like football players rather than cheerleaders.

“well this year will be different, I’ll find a date and if I don’t it looks like one of you three will just have to go with me.” He explained with confidence. We all laughed as we pulled up to my house and piled out of my car.



© 2015 Laura Lewallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 13, 2015
Tags: reincarnation, demons, murder, love, racing, zombies, ghosts


Author

Laura Lewallen
Laura Lewallen

butler, IN



About
i'm from butler Indiana and ive always liked writing stories or even scenes that could one day be part of a bigger story. im not the best at spelling and grammar but i do try more..

Writing