Welcoming Tony

Welcoming Tony

A Story by Lilly Fall
"

Short Story #3

"

So many faces... that is what Tony saw. Tony was from a different country, from Italy. He had no idea about the customs of these Americans. Most of them looked at him with a funny look, but still he trooped on. Tony was tall with dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. His skin was the Italian olive color, and he looked like someone that just walked out of an old painting. He walked silently, not wanting to be noticed, which wasn't working.

 

 

One of the school's football players bashed his shoulder against Tony's, sending Tony stumbling a bit. Tony said nothing, and the guy turned around. "Watch where you're going." he said in a nasty tone. Tony merely walked away, and this pissed the football player off. "Hey! Aren't you going to apologise Wop." he sneered. Tony's shoulder twitched, an automatic reaction when he wanted to punch something. A "wop" wasn't a very good name, that much Tony's father told him. Apparently that is what Italians got plastered with back in the 20's, a stamp that said W.O.P., which meant Without Papers, but none the less, it was hurtful. Tony turned, a smooth exterior showing, and a burning inside that just screamed for war. "You should watch what you say... especially about people you don't know." he said. The player laughed, the situation already looking towards a fight. "Wanna do something about it Wop?"

 

 

"He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to Alex..." a gothic girl said. She had seen and watched the whole thing. She was just one of those people that everyone liked, and didn't have to try hard to be liked. She had long black hair that was tipped with hot pink, and her clothes were all black. Her pants were baggy Tripp pants, while she wore a tank top, which was okay for the Georgia weather. Her arms were crossed over her chest and the look on her face was a mix of annoyance and humor.

 

 

"He's the one that started it Lacey, and I don't deal with that s**t." Alex said, already rolling up his sleeves. Tony hadn't even noticed Alex doing so, his eyes fixed on this girl. Compared to his 6'2" and Tony's 6'4", Lacey was tiny. She stood at only about 5'2", but looked fit, as if she did some kind of sport.

 

Lacey laughed at Alex. "Put those away before you hurt yourself. I saw the whole thing. You started it by bumping into him roughly, and you were planning it with Cody and Roger over by those lockers before you did it." she said. She jerked her thumb over to where Alex had come from, where two other burly football players, looking as guilty as stoners with weed.

 

Alex grumbled and ripped down his sleeves. "You never let anyone have any fun..." he said. "Unless it was Jack."

 

At this, Lacey's pretty blue eyes flashed to a dark grey. "Don't you dare mention that name you worthless a*****e." she growled. Her fists clenched at her sides. Tony could tell Alex had hit a sore spot, and Alex did too. Alex held up his hands in a non-threatening manor. "Sorry sorry!! My bad..." he said. Tony wondered who this Jack person was, and why Alex looked like a three-year-old that just got caught stealing his sister's barbies. Alex got the idea to just walk away, and did so quickly as Lacey stared daggers into his back. She walked up to Tony, the storm calming itself. "You okay?"

 

Tony nodded. "Yes... I'm not worried." he sighed softly. "I'm used to this kind of stuff." he said.

 

Lacey's eyes narrowed. "You shouldn't be used to being bullied." she said. "That's not cool."

 

Tony didn't really understand why she meant it wasn't 'cool', of course not, what did temperature have to do with being bullied? He just shrugged. "It has happened ever since I got here..." he said.

 

Lacey sighed. "Look... don't let it happen. You shouldn't have to deal with that crap. If Alex or any of the other football players bother you, let me know." she said.

 

Tony looked confused. "Why is he so afraid of you? I mean... you don't look like you could take him on... n-no offence of course..." he blushed lightly out of embarassment.

 

Lacey smirked. "I'm the captain of the girl's wrestling team, and my father is the football coach." she explained. "So they don't dare to mess with me."

 

Tony nodded. "Ah, I see..." he said and shuffled his feet slightly.

 

Lacey looked him up and down. "Hey, where's your next class?" she asked.

 

Tony looked at his schedule carefully. "Uhh..... it's in room 213." he said after a little searching.

 

Lacey nodded. "I'll show you there. It's not far from my classroom." she said and started walking. "After all, that's how new people should be welcomed to a new school."

 

Tony smiled and nodded, following after her. "Thank you..."

 

Lacey grinned. "Don't thank me. There is no reason." she stopped in front of his classroom and turned to him. "Actually, there is one thing you can do to thank me..." she smirked.

 

Tony looked confused. "And what would that be...?" he asked.

 

Lacey patted him on the shoulder. "Next time, just punch him in the face instead of standing there like a statue. So that way, I don't have to protect you next time." she grinned, then walked away. Tony stood, surprised for a moment, then smiled. He knew that was the beginning of a new life, and a beautiful friendship to come.

© 2010 Lilly Fall


Author's Note

Lilly Fall
:3 Story #3.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it. Again :) There were a couple grammatical errors here and there, but were little and didn't detract any focus from the story. Really good plot and I liked how you took three completely different people and put them in a situation where they all were able to show a bit of their individual personalities. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010

Author

Lilly Fall
Lilly Fall

From within the pond., MA



About
Two other accounts, that are unfortunate enough to have died due to not being able to get the passwords. The fresh start, like lillies blooming in the spring on a pond. My real name is enclosed to mys.. more..

Writing
My Mask. My Mask.

A Poem by Lilly Fall


The Dream The Dream

A Poem by Lilly Fall