TRANSPARENT

TRANSPARENT

A Poem by Jaded rose

 

TRANSPARENT

 

You are so transparent

I see through you

All the things that you wish to hide

Why lie to me

I know what you are hiding from me

Your heart has gone away from me

No, I do not like that you have left me

But, man up… tell me the truth

Transparency is not a good look for you

I will put on my blinders and no longer stare

Trying to see your heart

You don’t want the examination

Nor do I wish to give it any more

The hurt that I receive when I go out of my way

To see through you to try and help and please you

And yet you still hide from me

That's FINE...I have stopped the deep soulful looks

Because just like you…I just don’t give a DAMN any more

© 2010 Jaded rose


Author's Note

Jaded rose
Reviewers...some say that they are expecting more (another verse). However, I want this one to end here. Saying what is needed and walking away. When too much is said we continue in toxic relationships. Let it go!!! Thanks for your concern though. It is just a poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this..this poem fits a situation my friend is going through at moment. Beautifully done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gentle Power. Detailed razor-sharp exam of a love gone wrong, Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fantastic write. I fond people try and paint pictures of what they want you to see in them instead of being honest and giving you the choice to feel how you are going to feel good or bad.

"I see through you

All the things that you wish to hide

Why lie to me"

Over all great write



Posted 12 Years Ago


"Transparency is not a good look for you"
My favorite line! Very well worded. It makes me smile to read such poetry, a woman standing tall when her lover tries only to keep her down. Thank you for sharing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the raw feel of emotion here. However, I am confused. In the beginning you speak of the transparency....and then down the line you say you are "trying to see your heart" ... which eludes to the fact that transparency is not present.

There is a dichotomy here. A passion or pain if you will that has caused the character to examine the object of the pain, and then it ends with I don't give a Damn. However, the final statement sounds almost like a wish rather than a statement of reality. This is an interesting write...the emotion is strong, and the pull and tug of not wanting the pain makes this very real.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Superb read, and well stated! Intoxicated, it’s like we impel ourselves to the extreme before letting go.



Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem. Very strong, and hits to my core. I could even see it written as a song. I write songs and lyrics myself. I like the part where you said, "I have stopped the deep soulful looks..." nice. Love the word play. on to read more of your work. thanks.

kena sungoddess dawn

Posted 13 Years Ago


I concur. When its done it is done. this one is articulate, almost stoic. Nicely penned.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thoroughly heart on sleeve poetry. There is no need for an extra stanza or verse. All you need to say is encapsulated in this verse. Poetry is a good way of getting it out. I've been using writing to do it for years! Excellent ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


hahaha it's very strong! I loveeeee the way it just says it all! Great Great Great!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

825 Views
26 Reviews
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on June 11, 2010

Author

Jaded rose
Jaded rose

Charlotte, NC



About
Writing is my NEED to unclutter life. It eases my stress. Wish I had more time to write and read poetry. It touches my soul and clears the negativity at times. Thank you for sharing your work and .. more..

Writing
STABBING STABBING

A Poem by Jaded rose