Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Lilypad
"

wc: 1216

"
The Bunker (Lebanon, KS); 10:27 AM
  It's been about a week since I completely dropped the ball. Of course the Winchesters picked up the case, and solved it in pretty much a matter of minutes. I don't want to say that I'm jealous, but that would be the best way to describe this feeling. They'd realized that what we, or they, were hunting, was a God. A Greek God. Named Proteus or something. I have absolutely no idea why he was pretending to be Jacob, or why he was killing people. I try to forget about it, since it's over, but it just caused a pit in my stomach that I can't seem to get rid of.

  Erik's temporarily living at the bunker now, and he sleeps with me in my room, because apparently he gets nightmares now. Sometimes he'll wake up in the middle of the night and immediately shake me awake so that I can comfort him. He even screams sometimes. Sam and Dean weren't too sure about him staying in the beginning, but I convinced them by saying, "What? You can have your friends stay, and I can't?" That seemed to shut them up, for the most part. I'm realizing just how much I sounded like I was an angry teenager. 

  Dean put Erik through some kind of weird test before he moved in. I believe that there was a smell test included, but Erik won't tell me. Sounds kinda fruity if you ask me, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Dean was. He never wants to talk to me about that stuff even though he knows that I'm gay. Erik's gay too, so that's two confirmed queers out of our group of five. I'm including Cas, when he's around, and since he sleeps on top of the war table for some reason now. Being weird lands you an automatic spot in our little posse.

  I'm sitting in the library, feeling like trash, drinking tea. AriZona Tea to be exact. I bought two bean bag chairs after I handed the case over to the guys so that I could cope with the disappointment and whatever. I'm not gonna lie, it kind of helped. I put both bean bag chairs in front of one of the book cases in the wall and in between the two bookshelves on the sides. It's super comfortable, actually. The only person who really sits with me there is Erik, though.

  Since Sam and Dean solved the last case in 10 minutes, tops, they're back here, hanging out. I've been avoiding them, although I know that they don't care that I couldn't do it. I snuggle closer into my chair.

"Sparrow?"

  Crap.

"Hey." Sam steps through the archway, walking in my direction. I avoid eye contact as he takes a seat next to me. It's really funny how he sits down, since he's so tall, going to sit close to the floor. I just sip my tea and listen.

"Are you okay? Is something going on?" He gives me that dumb, stupid look. With the puppy dog eyes.

"I'm fine, Sam. I'm just- just disappointed. I'm sorry." I mumble, and somehow he manages to catch what I say.

"It's okay, Row. You don't have to apologize. You know what Dean and I used to do? Call Bobby for everything. And I mean everything. We didn't even know what a devil's trap was a few years ago." He says sincerely, laughing a bit at the last part. His smile's contagious.

"I feel like I dropped the ball. I was so excited for this, so excited to bring Erik. And to go do something."

"We can always do something that isn't hunting. We're friends, Sparrow."

"You're right, of course you're right. Hunting was my life, y'know? There's almost nothing left, no monsters that is. Nothing to kill. Oh god, I sound like Dean right now." I rub my forehead, and suddenly I'm getting a headache.

"Come on. Let's go do something right now, huh? It'll be fun." He pitches.

"Okay, as long as I can bring my tea. And we can leave Dean and Cas here. Alone. If you catch my drift. We'll send Erik somewhere too." I slowly get up and stretch my legs, reaching my hands up. Sam gets up beside me.

"You always know what I think." He says, jokingly. Technically, I do. I mean, I can know if I want to. But I haven't told anybody. It's a selective thing, and I only use it when I need it, really. I don't want to explain this right now.

The Bunker (Lebanon, KS); 11:00 AM

  I run to Dean's room, full of excitement; I have no idea where Sam's taking me. He said to wear something I could move around in. I knock rapidly on Dean's door before he answers. I'm nervous to talk to him, but when I see him, it almost completely disappears. He opens up the door, and he's in his night clothes. He's definitely not a morning person, which is something I've noticed. He leans against the door frame and rubs his eyes as I talk.

"D, Sam and I are going out. Erik's also on his way out right now, not sure where he's going though, so you and Cas are the only ones here. Just letting you know so you don't get worried or anything." I say, all with one breath. 

"Slow down. Where are you going? Where's Erik going? And I didn't even know Cas was here. I haven't seen him in days, where is he? Wait, wait. I need coffee first."

  I follow him as he drags his feet all the way to the kitchen, where we talk as he makes coffee for himself.

"To answer your questions, I don't know where Sam and I are going. He's taking me somewhere. Erik's going to that one coffee shop, I think? We went to it together, uh, last week."

"And Cas..?"

"I can't believe you didn't know." I start to laugh a little to myself.

"Know what? What's funny?" I remember to keep in check before he has his coffee now.

"Oh, it's that... well, Cas has been literally sleeping on top of the war table for days. He teleports here or something in the middle of the night and crashes on the table all the time now, I guess. I have no idea what he even does during the day. I was sitting in my new bean bag chair in the library the night I drove back from Washington. It took forever to get back and I didn't want to fall asleep, so I had some caffeine and threw the chair down to sit in the dark. Well, mostly in the dark. Y'know, the safety lights that stay on at night. Then I heard his wings and saw him lay down on the table. He didn't even say anything to me that night."

  Dean's had about half of his coffee already, and it's only been about two minutes. He processes what I've told him, and decides to go off to find Cas.

"Sam and I are leaving!" I yell to him right before he steps out of the kitchen. I hear a muffled, "see ya."


© 2021 Lilypad


Author's Note

Lilypad
please let me know about grammatical errors and what paragraph they're in; sorry this one's shorter, it'll be longer next time

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on April 29, 2021
Last Updated on May 8, 2021
Tags: supernatural, spn, fanfiction, fanfic, fiction, destiel, oc, self insert


Author

Lilypad
Lilypad

About
Hey, I’m Sparrow :) Check my blog posts for updates (add me as a friend first and you'll be able to see them) Wattpad - @razzpads (I'm not able to post on there though) I also post on .. more..

Writing
Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Lilypad