Fields of Lost Emotions

Fields of Lost Emotions

A Poem by Lisa R Taylor, Author
"

When the world forgets all but lust; what then are we left with?

"

"Fields for Lost Emotions"

 

Where once love was an honorable emotion; designed to express many feelings in combination - it now sits in the "fields of lost emotions". 

 

It has been disguised by an emotion that deceives even the greatest of hearts; it is called "Lust".    Lust is a power that weakens our hearts into false containment of which no release is immediate.  In Lust we find satisfaction, only temporary, but we classify it as "Love".  It is designed to exemplify love so it can sneak in and obliterate the spirit with exhilarated enthusiasm.  Beware this emotion for it is the greatest of lies. 

 

Love was an expression used to define many situations but in a duo it was the final hoorah.  When used in a term affiliated with material or like substance we still become deceived in the definition of "Love".  Lust is once more replaced with bewilderment of the unobvious seeker.   We "Love" our brothers; quick now, remember we don't mean "Love" but "Lust" for we lust after our brother or sister and their possessions.  If we truly "Love" our brother and sisters we would not despair over trivial matters such as: "What is it he/she has that I don't". Mark well your intentions and disclose your purpose: Do not come to a mind that knows this difference.

 

Another lost emotion - lost to the fields of despair is that of "Compassion".  The world is a cruel place in hard times and compassion has left no bread trail to follow.  It lies in the gully of despair with it's sorrows deep in the valley of failed hope.  We no longer look for our "Compassion" as we search out other's woes...we decide that it is better to learn from them.  Where is the world that it made this change?  How is it that we can look at the sorrows of others and make it a glorified event?  See that pour soul, they have lost all; let us not find ourselves in this position and turn our backs to the pain.  We will throw a couple of pennies to the pour soul and call ourselves righteous in return but we must never dwindle too long; for we may become part of that sorrow.  Lust prevails.

 

How many emotions will the world permit to be found in the "Fields of Lost Emotions"?  How much goodness will be surrendered to "Lust" and forgotten in the swallows of it?  Will we find it easier to make our own bellies bloat from greed and deviance?  How far will the people of our world fall into the pit of pestilence that we forget humanity?  Will all righteous practices be disemboweled in the effects of the worlds own lust? 

 

Or

 

Will you seek out the "Fields for Lost Emotions" and reclaim those that have been delivered there?

 

Written by: Lisa R Taylor, Author

08/22/2010 all copy rights restricted to Lisa R Taylor, Author and Novelist

© 2012 Lisa R Taylor, Author


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hey, I really enjoyed your piece, and I applaud the syntax and diction used, this was something written a lot better than I think I could write :).
the sentiments, I feel didn't flow as nicely as they maybe could have, but they were strongly felt. wonderful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed this very much. I like how you described lust as the greatest of lies, which is so very true!
Great read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thank you all for the wonderful input. This is one of my favorite thoughts. I wrote it on behalf of an unheard (except by me) plea for attention from a young lady on Facebook.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great expression Lisa. Your words remind me of the feelings I have when I look back on the content I wrote for my book, back in the 1970's. I was young then and couldn't quite express things as well as you have just now. I didn't publish my words however until 2009. My book is titled "Lost Emotions". Check it out on Amazon.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this write. Very nicely written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey, I really enjoyed your piece, and I applaud the syntax and diction used, this was something written a lot better than I think I could write :).
the sentiments, I feel didn't flow as nicely as they maybe could have, but they were strongly felt. wonderful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

495 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012

Author

Lisa R Taylor, Author
Lisa R Taylor, Author

Dothan, AL



About
This video speaks loudly for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUdj7XGOE8M It is my journey. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..