Reviewer's Pleasure

Reviewer's Pleasure

A Poem by LisetteCanWrite!
"

I simply love poetry and writing.. I also love reading others work and indulging in the meaning or beauty of another's artistic expressions!

"

 

Your writing radiates feelings with your paper and pen;

My heart races I find myself counting backwards from ten.

When you glow it is simply the brightest of light;

when your sad or disturbed it's the darkest of night.

*****

Words of stature and nonsense that fit so well into place;

Your rhythm and flow make my heart pound and race.

Many invigorating words filling me daily that I can see;

passion, love, hate and we simply can't forget glee.

*****

Sated piece after piece feeling all of what I could understand;

I can then take pleasure in knowing I might meet your demand.

For then I can tell you just what your work to me means;

through passionate reviews both my head and heart screens.

*****

I live and breathe writing... each and every day;

I simply love hearing what other hearts have to say.

Words flowing swiftly absorbed carefully in my mind;

Saving some of the best to favorites if it's a real find!

*****

Only because I'm a writer do I passionately care;

I'll read on for hours .. I'm not going to go anywhere.

I'm one of the reviewers who loves reading your stories;

loads of true works of art... upheld in all of their glories.

 

Hi there, I wanted to point out one fine poet found a metaphor and I want to state that it is not intended to be a female submitting to a male... it is a reviewer submitting the the greatness of some writer's work. I am a passionate reader and read everything twice and also the bio of each writer. I try to get a clear picture of what each writing or message is trying to say. I am passionate and carefully read each piece judging based on depth, feeling, the age of the writer if it is there and everything I can find is taken into account! I love reading others work and I am held captive by some writers gifts .. I have had the pleasure of reading some very fine work!  I started reviewing more after I seen someone leave very harsh criticism for a writer who was 12... I was floored as the writer even stated they had just started writing and I felt they just needed encouragement. The writer had some minor mistakes but a really sad message with emotions blazingly clear.. that touched my heart. I am more one to encourage others than slash their work harshly. I look more at content in the way of the message and if I got a clear picture or message. I feel honored and privileged to read what is for some... their lives in writing!

© 2009 LisetteCanWrite!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really applaud you on this, great idea in the first place and i think you will reach alot of people with this. you wrote it very well, even the rhyming was spot on....i myself hate forced rhyme i think it ruins alot of pieces when you can tell it was forced in but your rhyming was far from it and its a wonderful tribute to writers, including yourself as a writer and i agree on what you say

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WOW! This is simply astouding! I like this alot.
You put alot of effort into this. This is amazing.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fabulous!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I came back to review on this wonderful writing you have written. I just want to say that your reviews are one of a kind. They are different as to the content of how you say what you want. You have a gift alone with that of a warm heart.

I want to thank you.

Art

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was truly one of the most endearing sentiments I have ever read. Just lovely your voice. This poem is so moving and you've written it with such finesse. Wonderfully done and a pleasure to read...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a heart felt expression of the passion writing and reading gives you through thought and sincerest of intentions. thank you for sharing of yourself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You bring up a good point. I review as I see fit and hope others do the same to me. I'm not harsh in my reviews, but I'd love it if someone was to leave me a harsh review as long as they can back it up. At the end of the day, reviews are nothing but people's personal opinions. Truth be said, they should not be called reviews but feedbacks. All reviews are subjective and writers are bound to find people that can't stomach their writing and that's fine. I've come to realize that writers fail when they try to please everyone. It just does not work and worst of all, the writer goes out of their comfort zone and writes outside of the style that speaks true to them; in a way, they're lying to themselves.

Sorry for going off on a rant :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good poem and well as a tribute to all good writers and readers, you seem to be very concerned and polite especially with new writers and young writers, a appreciate you for that and this poem has got fantastic lines and the rhyming was smooth...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really enjoy this one. As long you not a harsh criticism reviewer then its all good. I love this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought I'd bring this one back up to explain what being a reviewer means to me.. and though it's tough (impossible) to review every writing I read.. I have done alot of reviews over the past year! Maybe I am too relaxed.. if I am I do not apologize.. I review the way I like.. just how an artist paints a picture the way they would like to. If you ask for critique I will give it.. again with pointers but it will be done with the way that is true to my heart.. Happy writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dear LisetteCanWrite!

What is poetry if not a window into the world and into the souls of others. My writing of poetry is relatively new, but my passion for poetry is old, from my youth. There is nothing like being swept away with poetic insight. It is a chilling experience. So I agree completely with the sentiments of this poem.

Well done.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2420 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2009

Author

LisetteCanWrite!
LisetteCanWrite!

It's Getting colder here!, Canada



About
I am a 39 year old I write on all levels.. am shy in some ways and outgoing in others.. a tomboy growing up. I am friendly but sometimes reserved in everyday life .. I do not mind criticism at all but.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet