Reviewer's Pleasure

Reviewer's Pleasure

A Poem by LisetteCanWrite!
"

I simply love poetry and writing.. I also love reading others work and indulging in the meaning or beauty of another's artistic expressions!

"

 

Your writing radiates feelings with your paper and pen;

My heart races I find myself counting backwards from ten.

When you glow it is simply the brightest of light;

when your sad or disturbed it's the darkest of night.

*****

Words of stature and nonsense that fit so well into place;

Your rhythm and flow make my heart pound and race.

Many invigorating words filling me daily that I can see;

passion, love, hate and we simply can't forget glee.

*****

Sated piece after piece feeling all of what I could understand;

I can then take pleasure in knowing I might meet your demand.

For then I can tell you just what your work to me means;

through passionate reviews both my head and heart screens.

*****

I live and breathe writing... each and every day;

I simply love hearing what other hearts have to say.

Words flowing swiftly absorbed carefully in my mind;

Saving some of the best to favorites if it's a real find!

*****

Only because I'm a writer do I passionately care;

I'll read on for hours .. I'm not going to go anywhere.

I'm one of the reviewers who loves reading your stories;

loads of true works of art... upheld in all of their glories.

 

Hi there, I wanted to point out one fine poet found a metaphor and I want to state that it is not intended to be a female submitting to a male... it is a reviewer submitting the the greatness of some writer's work. I am a passionate reader and read everything twice and also the bio of each writer. I try to get a clear picture of what each writing or message is trying to say. I am passionate and carefully read each piece judging based on depth, feeling, the age of the writer if it is there and everything I can find is taken into account! I love reading others work and I am held captive by some writers gifts .. I have had the pleasure of reading some very fine work!  I started reviewing more after I seen someone leave very harsh criticism for a writer who was 12... I was floored as the writer even stated they had just started writing and I felt they just needed encouragement. The writer had some minor mistakes but a really sad message with emotions blazingly clear.. that touched my heart. I am more one to encourage others than slash their work harshly. I look more at content in the way of the message and if I got a clear picture or message. I feel honored and privileged to read what is for some... their lives in writing!

© 2009 LisetteCanWrite!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really applaud you on this, great idea in the first place and i think you will reach alot of people with this. you wrote it very well, even the rhyming was spot on....i myself hate forced rhyme i think it ruins alot of pieces when you can tell it was forced in but your rhyming was far from it and its a wonderful tribute to writers, including yourself as a writer and i agree on what you say

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

In regards to the last part, I think it is helpful to give both honest criticism along with honest praise. Praise for the sake of it really is worthless. And being critical should not mean slashing it apart or abusing the author, but instead sharing opinions on where improvements may or may not be possible, and how structure, composition, language and style may or may not have worked to get the emotional response from the reader- be that happiness, fear. excitement, sadness, intrigue etc. These opinions are exactly that, and those leaving comments should respect the fact that the writer may choose not to act on the advice given. That said, being a jerk like the person who reviewed the 12 year old is just rude. Anyway, nice post, thanks for reading my rambling response, and I hope you have a funtabulous day doing whatever it is you are going to do...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is such a beautiful and uplifting poem. I am so glad I read it after I received your comment. It truly is inspiring to know that there are people that get joy from reading other's work and aren't only on these sites to promote themselves.

I just can't get over how simply beautiful it is. And the rhyming doesn't make the poem juvenile at all -- truly, truly a great poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh boy am I so with you on this... writing is a great way to express you passion and mind and in kind it is so wonderful to read others as well, for it can makes think of things we never thought of, or bring out emotions we didn't know we had and mostly let us see we are not alone in our thinking... you are one of those great writers, it is always a pleasure to read your thoughts and feelings.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your poem is wonderful and so true. I feel the same but have,nt managed to put it as well as you. Your notes at the end of your poem, are so caring and I am in total agreeance with you. Take a bow dear friend. Thanks for sharing.
BBXX

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I respect you, your writing, and your reviews. If there would be no one to understand us, what good would writing do to anyone ? There is nothing equal to being rewarded with a review from someone who truly understood your motives. Please keep on doing your thing, it is our driving force.

Beautifully well synched piece of writing. A+

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

o i love this. i too love reading & finding meaning in other writers here on the cafe & everywhere else. you can learn so much about a person through their writings, where they've been, where they're going, their sadness, their happiness, their memories. "When you glow it is simply the brightest of light; when your sad or disturbed it's the darkest of night" these lines really struck me. this is such a deep, heartfelt write. it is always nice to know someone is actually reading & can relate at times to your own poetry. & you, my friend, are a great reviewer. :) i can relate to this one, as i too love reading others works. a truly beautiful piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It would be wonderful to have you as a reviewer... Wonderfully expressed writing here. Lovely poem. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love this. Not only did I enjoy the creativeness and flow of the piece itself, and its content... but I really appreciate the statement you made following the piece.... for you put emphasis on what it is we are here for.

Well written and heartfelt. A pleasure to read, thank you! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Being able to see and to feel the writers' thoughts and emotions are more than just a skill. It is passion---sharing the same sentiments and interest in such craft. This piece is but an expression of how the persona appreciates the fact of being able to take part, either by writing or by commenting a masterpiece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a wonderful piece, I am so honored to have you as a reviewer for those words drift in and out of my minds eye. I can feel your heart and passion in this wonderful poem and that you are one of the finest...

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2428 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2009

Author

LisetteCanWrite!
LisetteCanWrite!

It's Getting colder here!, Canada



About
I am a 39 year old I write on all levels.. am shy in some ways and outgoing in others.. a tomboy growing up. I am friendly but sometimes reserved in everyday life .. I do not mind criticism at all but.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..