Reviewer's Pleasure

Reviewer's Pleasure

A Poem by LisetteCanWrite!
"

I simply love poetry and writing.. I also love reading others work and indulging in the meaning or beauty of another's artistic expressions!

"

 

Your writing radiates feelings with your paper and pen;

My heart races I find myself counting backwards from ten.

When you glow it is simply the brightest of light;

when your sad or disturbed it's the darkest of night.

*****

Words of stature and nonsense that fit so well into place;

Your rhythm and flow make my heart pound and race.

Many invigorating words filling me daily that I can see;

passion, love, hate and we simply can't forget glee.

*****

Sated piece after piece feeling all of what I could understand;

I can then take pleasure in knowing I might meet your demand.

For then I can tell you just what your work to me means;

through passionate reviews both my head and heart screens.

*****

I live and breathe writing... each and every day;

I simply love hearing what other hearts have to say.

Words flowing swiftly absorbed carefully in my mind;

Saving some of the best to favorites if it's a real find!

*****

Only because I'm a writer do I passionately care;

I'll read on for hours .. I'm not going to go anywhere.

I'm one of the reviewers who loves reading your stories;

loads of true works of art... upheld in all of their glories.

 

Hi there, I wanted to point out one fine poet found a metaphor and I want to state that it is not intended to be a female submitting to a male... it is a reviewer submitting the the greatness of some writer's work. I am a passionate reader and read everything twice and also the bio of each writer. I try to get a clear picture of what each writing or message is trying to say. I am passionate and carefully read each piece judging based on depth, feeling, the age of the writer if it is there and everything I can find is taken into account! I love reading others work and I am held captive by some writers gifts .. I have had the pleasure of reading some very fine work!  I started reviewing more after I seen someone leave very harsh criticism for a writer who was 12... I was floored as the writer even stated they had just started writing and I felt they just needed encouragement. The writer had some minor mistakes but a really sad message with emotions blazingly clear.. that touched my heart. I am more one to encourage others than slash their work harshly. I look more at content in the way of the message and if I got a clear picture or message. I feel honored and privileged to read what is for some... their lives in writing!

© 2009 LisetteCanWrite!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really applaud you on this, great idea in the first place and i think you will reach alot of people with this. you wrote it very well, even the rhyming was spot on....i myself hate forced rhyme i think it ruins alot of pieces when you can tell it was forced in but your rhyming was far from it and its a wonderful tribute to writers, including yourself as a writer and i agree on what you say

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a wonderful poem.. what a beautiful concept and your feelings and heart are expressed exquisitely! How lucky we are you are here! both to read your work and to have you share all that each poet writes as they spill the ink from their hearts...Penned with insight, Love, and skill!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

wow, very inspiring poems
other time, your idea can be borrowed

sep jez ! ( talking to good job on malang city - east java - Indonesia )

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Interesting piece of writing. It's nice to read of the enthusiasm born of a love for literature.

Keep on writing.

Dan'l

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is a truly a masterpiece, very unique and original and sends a very powerful message. Thank you for writing this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Lisette, you have said it all, here in one piece as a writer that make a site like this grow. You are one of many that will cause this site to continue to grow. This is one wonderful poem that you have written and the reader can see and feel that it flows from the warmth of your soul.

Your footnote really hit home with me. There are many young writers that would like to think of themselves as one that does a fine job of writing. No one should leave harsh words to another writer....Young or Old....Read the piece, if you don't like what you see, move on. If they ask to be critiqued, then do it, but be kind. Don't be mean.

A lot of people think of me as a poet, I'm not a poet....I'm far from it, but I can not go a day without writing. I never started writing until a couple of years ago and it was all due to having a seizure. I won't go all into that here...But what I want to say is this.

My Freshman year of High School , I was in special ed doing 2nd grad language arts, and 1st grade math. Today.... I write poetry and I'm working on my first novel....So for all that read this horrible review of a comment....I respect what Lisette has written here and her footnote is that of GOLD.

Lisette....Sorry for taken up so much space....New young and old writers, should never be afraid to write. Take your criticism with a grain of salt and move on....Never Feel Bad of A Bad Review. There is no wrong way to write poetry when you write from the heart.

Art



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Excellent poem Lisette, I love how you show written appreciation for the written word, and to those who
express the soul with the blood of ink, spilling life onto paper, and beyond the metaphor, this is a clear
sentiment that flows with endearing feature, you are certainly an artist and poetry is your craft,
I agree with kelley as well. thank for sharing your wonderful talent, this should bring insight to all readers

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I loved this poem Lisette.....! And it could of ended with just the first stanza.
Thats how good it was.

I agree with what you had to say on the bottom too. Too many times a reader does not take into account that the writer is young or just starting out. We all need help sometimes but none of us need harsh criticism.
Some people are very delicate and harsh reviewing might just make them give up. I thank you for taking the time to really see what a person is about.

I'm going to save this one to my fav's because we all need reminders of this sometimes

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

You have stole the show with this wonderful piece. The curtain is open and the stage is yours. Phantom.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Many men, perhaps even most, want to acquire a mate to whom they can feel superior, to dominate. But there are a few of us remaining who want an equal, a partner, someone who will challenge us first to be good, and then better. That is why the line, "...knowing I might meet your demand" so troubles me. Whenever an intelligent, sweet-spirited, and occasionally even beautiful woman voluntarily subverts her own qualities to a man's ego, she loses, and the world loses. Any man that requires that of her, is not worthy of her.
Nevertheless, the poem, taken as a whole, is lovely, gentle, even wise. A fitting paean to all three issues:
"She loves Him"; "She loves his Writing", and, "She loves Writing."
Two minor edits: St2L.2:"rhythm" is misspelled, and St4L3: "Words Flowly Swiftly"--?


Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Thi is an amazing piece. Very well written and a pleasure to read but it was your obvious passion that really got me in this one. Simply wonderful!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2421 Views
52 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on March 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2009

Author

LisetteCanWrite!
LisetteCanWrite!

It's Getting colder here!, Canada



About
I am a 39 year old I write on all levels.. am shy in some ways and outgoing in others.. a tomboy growing up. I am friendly but sometimes reserved in everyday life .. I do not mind criticism at all but.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Undone Undone

A Poem by TamiViolet