Earth's Hourglass

Earth's Hourglass

A Poem by LisetteCanWrite!
"

A poem about making changes to achieve the best future dreams and make them reality for future generations.. A simple plan..

"

Future dreams I have had and portray;

correction with great haste is surely a must.

Better changes that must be ensued now;

or mankind will be history..  ashes and dust.

 

We all need to make changes in all habits;

lest our future seeds will not be here to see.

Let's take a walk in a whole new direction;

for it's that future generation that's calling to me.

 

Each and every man has his own part;

we must surely turn a new page and set new sail.

For if nothing is done for change that matters;

this mother earth is doomed and definitely bound to fail.

 

Let's all move towards a greener brighter future;

using great knowledge .. all mistakes from the past.

I believe this simple plan can and will happen;

but we all have our share to do and must think fast.

 

Plant a tree, bush or maybe some flowers;

don't litter and always watch all your waste.

Instill these great values also in your children;

please listen and make greatest haste.

 

As for things that you buy daily;

don't always focus on the lowest of price.

So many disposable items lay in land fills;

make each purchase always thinking twice.

 

Sell or give old items to those in need;

if an item can be fixed please make that repair.

Watch the household chemicals that we use daily;

even products like the dyes we use for hair.

 

This poem may sound a little juvenile;

but this is just part of a small and simple plan.

Starting in each and every household;

Earth's Hourglass.. is running out of sand.

© 2009 LisetteCanWrite!


Author's Note

LisetteCanWrite!
simple poem.. pick away if you like

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is the kind of observation earth and is people need. This falls in line with the bold revolution theory that must take place in order for the world to survive. In the last stanza I like how you go to the hourglass metaphor. I think that it could be great if used to describe the poem, that is the poem filling the glass again. The one thing that I saw that I thought could be changed is the first line of the last stanza which calls the piece juvenile. I would suggest taking that out or changing it, because it take away from your conviction. Overall well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this poem has an important message and you are making good use of the influences that can affect us all in our daily lives,you will note too that i have written about enviromental issues and i would be pleased if you would comment on them too.
The sense in what you are saying is obvious but how many people will just for a minute take a step back from their selfish self indulgent lifestyles to think about the bigger picture here.
Do they even care what we are doing to the planet? i think if you look at the various wars going on in the world and the disasters like the recent TSUNAMI in indonesia and samoa it makes you think that perhaps we are all powerless against mother earth but yet how much of these events are created by man and what others could be down to the earth and the sun?
I think our control on the planet is minimal and if a cosmic storm of meteorites hit our planet today we would be blown away in a comic micro second.
We have to make the best of our existence but selfish needs and personal greeds will like big business dictate the state of being wasteful with our waste and resources.
How convenient is it that the national grid suppliers should tell us to use less fuel when their resources have only 40 years at best to run before their supplies are exhausted and then like the swedes and the norwegians we will have to adopt other sources of energy like hydro electric power,or seawater with turbines or wind power.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are a wise lady Lisette. I agree totally. I think it takes a thinking and caring person to want to care for the environment in this way.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't think this sounds juville at all, and i totally agree with you.
If we don't make a change now what will the children of the future know.
Well stated write here. This is awesome.
This is going in my faves. Love this.
It's time to make a stand. love this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indeed, change must be done and the answers to what and who shall change are the keys to the success of such plan. People have long been talking about change but only few heed the wake up call of the earth's hour glass. This piece serves as a reminder. A great read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was just simply awe inspiring. I think you should print thousands of coppies and go around at 3a.m. and tape them to every hydro pole in that steeltown. I applaud you for taking the time to so skillfully write about such an important issue in our times. I pray that people such as yourself, who have the courage not to run away will get through to the rest of the planet. You are a talented soul...I know it's not very constructive to give a writer nothing but praise, but the only other thing I can think is.....WOW :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Each and every man has his own part;
we must surely turn a new page and set new sail.
For if nothing is done for change that matters;
this mother earth is doomed and definitely bound to fail.

So true... we must change with the times in order to move forward and find new challenges and new causes to keep growing inside spiritually and intellectually. Nothing simple bout this piece, very wise words is what I see.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I don't think this sounded juvenile???
I loved it and your right we only have one
world.

Great poem Lisette thanks for sharing.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So powerful and profound, calling us not simply to understand but to act. The ultimate power of the written word! So well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think our values are all wrong these days, the world is too driven by money, profits and big business. We have the technology to live or more simpler cleaner life but we chose not too because we can make more profit rapping the earth of all resources. I like your plan to start one house hold at a time. Wonderful write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

its not actually juvenile... its so simple that most of us really give it any importance! :) very deep and innovative...i really liked it....

:) Smiles,
Poetic Soul

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

550 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 10, 2009
Last Updated on April 10, 2009

Author

LisetteCanWrite!
LisetteCanWrite!

It's Getting colder here!, Canada



About
I am a 39 year old I write on all levels.. am shy in some ways and outgoing in others.. a tomboy growing up. I am friendly but sometimes reserved in everyday life .. I do not mind criticism at all but.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..