Romance Rock Cakes

Romance Rock Cakes

A Poem by Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
"

A humourous task set by my Creative Writing teacher. See the notes for an explanation.

"
* Take one Mary Sue and beat vigorously with makeup until obscenely sickening.
* Add two pinches of brainless Adonis and mix until Mary Sue has been thoroughly shared and tossed around between the two.
* Include a shaking of bitchy best friend for best measure.
* Pour in 500ml of angst, remembering to bestow 17 girlish laughs per 0.05ml.
* Leave to congeal until all elements have become increasingly annoyed with each other.
* Include the loss of virginity to brainless Adonis #1 whilst ensuring the best friend acts as a catalyst and go-between.
* Mix well with 3 sprinkles of fluttering eyelashes, and stir until Mary Sue has passed to brainless Adonis #2
* Refridgerate for 12 days until the relationship is completely frosty.
* Pour the thick mixture into a love triangle and hope the mixture settles down.
* Attempt to extract brainless Adonis #2 and mix until Mary Sue and brainless Adonis #1 are together again.
* Ensure Mary Sue and bitchy best friend become reunited through a helpful smattering of the-underdog-friend-that-no-one-noticed-until-now.
* Sing an overly expressive love song over the mixture and re-add brainless Adonis #2, this time with a mix of healthy friendship.
* Stew for 20 minutes' worth of hugs, tears, and kisses.

Serve with a bucket in case the level of sap creates a negative effect for friends & family.

© 2012 Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart


Author's Note

Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
In my creative writing class, we were working on genre. The task was to create a "recipe" for a certain genre, by including all cliché elements. This was to allow us to focus on the essentials. (This recipe does not mean I am against romance, or authors who associate with the Romance genre--that would be somewhat hypocritical) as it is meant to be cycnical about the over-used elements. The concept of a Mary-Sue does not belong to me.

This piece is also not a poem, but there is no classification on Writer's Café for "recipe".

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is pretty dang genius if you ask me.
Hope you got an A+ on this!

I enjoyed each ingredient, including the bitchy best friend
and the 'one who know one noticed until now' ...

I actually liked all of it and I think it definitely highlights
your creative thinking ... imagination!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is pretty dang genius if you ask me.
Hope you got an A+ on this!

I enjoyed each ingredient, including the bitchy best friend
and the 'one who know one noticed until now' ...

I actually liked all of it and I think it definitely highlights
your creative thinking ... imagination!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poem is pretty cool. A type of poem needed to be read more then once. I like all the details and ideals in your words. I like the style of this poem. It is different but it is very good.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1779 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2012
Tags: romance funny recipe

Author

Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart
Amber "Victoriomantic" Hart

United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone. My name is Amber JS Hart, and I am 20 years old. I live in England, and am studying for a psychology degree at the University of Surrey. I am also a Youth Worker for young people with mi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Flower Power Flower Power

A Poem by Hebe