The Forsaken

The Forsaken

A Story by LittleGlassWings

The world has changed. I have witnessed every tear, and very death that led to this. I sleep in endless night with dreams of a thousand years.  I watched this war of many worlds, and after the death of every living thing, it was all for me. The entire world starts over. And all of the world dependent that I never awaken.  That I am never found. It was the dying wish of every soul, women and men alike.  I remember them, their faces, their secrets and their suffering. One greater then them all. He was blessed and the world’s fortune smiled upon him. And so did I. I for one doted on him. He was my friend. And I walked in his shadow. Even now, I forever haunt his soul, as he is reborn again and again. I crave it. But in his last breath he cursed me into my glass prison. In which I sleep.  And after him, the world fell. War after war They fought to keep me caged….Until…they were all dead. Or so I thought.

I fell in and out of my senses. It was my never-ending death. All the while dying, of hunger, of thirst and old age. But I can never die. I am stuck in the body of my youth as my mind forever grows older and more bloodthirsty. So for year, after year I slept. I heard new life echo on the surface. Babies being born, people laughing, people in love and happy, in an ignorant bliss. It was a fool’s paradise. More and more life filled the space…And I could do nothing.

Out of all new life, there was one, a young girl; whose presence haunted me above all others. Her soul was new, not a washed up soul of the past. It had never seen my face. It had never feared me. And like no other’s she was perfect, completely angelic all the way through. Though I couldn’t see her face she was beautiful even to me. I could feel her warmth, hear her laughter and read her mind. She thought of love, and beauty. Of everything I hate. But I wanted her. I wanted to be free from this glass cage. And she was my only hope. No other person would ever set me free. She was the only one who wasn’t tainted by the lives of others. So I focused all my being on her. Each year she came a little closer. Each day I could feel her presence a little more. Her pure soul etched itself into mine. I knew her every thought, movement and breath. Her emotions filled my empty lifeless heart. And for a moment I felt love. Pity for this creature whose soul I would consume. My hungry heart craved her’s. It craved her death. I wanted to free her. If I had her soul she would never have to see life again. A dream, a heaven I longed for my entire life. Yes, a favor to my angel. I never thought the day would come when I would soften enough to love. To feel a human emotion, it sickened me to my core. I waited seventeen years. Watching her grow. I hated the world. I hated everyone around her. I hated watching her and waiting for her. One day, things changed.

I heard her thoughts, but this time they were clearer. Not strained by distance, or disturbed by those around her. She was alone. I knew she was close. I could hear her breathing in the cave I have waited in for over centuries for my salvation.  I opened my eyes to see a small light she carried. I could see her face; as beautiful as her thoughts, as innocent as her being. Her eyes were greener then any grass I had ever seen. Her hair was a dark red.  Which fell freely in ringlet curls over her shoulders, framing her perfect face.  Her skin was pale, her cheeks were rosy and her face was round.  Yes, it was her.

“Free me.” My voice was hallow, an endless pit of my despair.

“Hello?” She said her voice uncertain. “Where are you?” She turned around to face a glass coffin covered by dirt. She was aware of my presence. And reach out to wipe the dust from the glass surface. She held up the light to look in, to see me. I knew exactly what she saw. Not even time would change that. I had golden hair, pale skin and dark eyes; a face that no one would forget. A face I had seen haunt every soul before her.  I knew I had done my work well. Preparing for this moment from the day she was born. She knew nothing of that, I was sure. But she did know she wanted to help me. I had entranced her. She felt tied to me and therefore, she would fulfill her destiny. I told her what to do. And she without hesitation repeated each word I said. Her voice carried like a bell through the cave as she lifted the curse. My angel opened the glass tomb and gave me freedom. I felt the air against my skin. I smelled the earth in the cold wind. She looked at me, now confused.

“Who are you?” she asked. Now realizing what she had done. I smiled. She should have asked that before. It was too late. No more magic to put me back in my personal hell. No, I was free. I looked at her. I picture her with me while I destroy the world she loves so much. I picture her with me when all the people she loves die because of her. I picture the world falling for me again. I would spare her, the one human that will not have to see the ugly world again. She would never have to be reborn into this twisted and demonic world. Yes, she would never live again.

I wrap my fingers around her frail neck. I could give her the death I craved. I felt her blood flow under my hand. I saw her eyes run over with tears. I breathed it in. Somehow deep in her mind, I know she remembers my presence there. I know she loves me as I loved her. I saw the life leave her body. And felt her forever become a part of me. I cast her broken body aside saying my last goodbye.

“Thank you, my angel. Pandora.” With those words, I walked out of the cave, and into the sunlight.  I took her life so she could forever be perfect. And now I will have my revenge on everyone else. I will find you.

© 2009 LittleGlassWings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... (I love it)

Posted 14 Years Ago


good build up. but where are you going, you bill this as a short story so is this it? If so you could give a bit more history. You word you suspense very nicely, it flows well. But the hook could be a little harder, give more away about you main (I) and that may help to hook onto people.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wowwwww...that's really frightening...it's amazing, it really is...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Congratulations for winning the picture contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2009