No, you don't have to!

No, you don't have to!

A Story by Liubov Blithe
"

Since our birth we're facing with many stereotypes, some of them can ruin our uniqueness and whole life...

"
Each of us is facing with the phrase: "You must" almost since our first days of life.
And the truth is that no one in this world is owing something and has to do what people say. Whatever society, religion or science says, a person doesn't have to be the someone who he isn't or do something that is against his will.
That's how we were created - with a free will to choice what kind of life to live, who to love and whom to believe.
 These are the words from my heart to yours.
And now I will try to break at least the most common 7 stereotypes that can stop you from being your true self.
1. You don't have to believe in God if you don't!
Belief is a power, inspiration and something, which has to come from your heart! Stop concealing yourself under the mask of religious man if you doubt and your belief or don't believe at all. Take a look at your true feeling, at your real belief and figure it out. 
2. You don't have to NOT believe in God!
If you really believe in Him and feel His presence in your life!
Nobody has a right to impose his religion to people.
It should be your choice to be a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Atheist.
If you are a Christian, nobody should try to tie you to Catholicism, Protestantism or other. I don't believe in religion or denominations, but only pure belief and sincere devotion to God - that has a true importance.
It often happens that people follow the paths of their forefathers and ignore any other ways. 
But what if our fathers failed and were wrong? Let's allow a thought that many generations were following a wrong leaders, what's then? Each person has to think by himself how he should live and avoid blindness by following old customs and traditions without even thinking of what he is doing.
I am not saying that you has to forget about your family and traditions, oh no! I am only insisting that a human should use his free will and analyse his way of living. It has to be your life, not your ancestors, for they are gone.
3.You don't have to "love" your family if you don't!
Why I took the word "love" in quotation marks? Because by this word I mean care and material support for your family.
Yes, sounds awful, isn't it?
But the truth is that quite often happens that your relatives only want to use you. Look into the eyes of reality - whether the care of you and love you or love your wallet? I hope that this will never ever happen to you and you will always be loved by your family.
Of course you have to respect your parents. This is inexorable commandment, but it doesn't imply huge financial investments and permanent binding to them, so don't take the thing by a wrong side! Just be really cautious.
4. You don't have to work where you don't want to!
Wake up at 6 am, then a long and tiresome day, in the evening watching TV, then disturbed sleep and this eternal waiting for Friday...Sounds familiar?
Most likely it happens not of the cause of your laziness or super-hard job. I guess the reason is in your unwilling to work in this place and it doesn't give you pleasure. Every day seems so similar.
It hasn't to be so - because each day is so precious and days go by too fast and pale when they don't bring joy and light to our hearts.
Be risky, go to this mountain, think and act, start your business, go to study what you want and don't be afraid what people might say. Want to be a designer - go and learn to draw. Want to be a singer - sing! An athlete? Workout! It is all in our hands and stereotypes should never stop us! You can earn money by starting business from which you will gain not only money and respect, but final significance of your days. A huge number of people do it every day by taking their chances and what stops you?
5.You don't have to get married if you don't want to!
That's quite urgent question for me, for I too often hear, "And when is your turn to get married?", "God will give you a husband, you will find your happiness".
Whoa-whoa-whoa, I am grateful for people's concern about me, but such things should be the question of your own mind and heart. Familiar? 
So, you just have turned 18, 25, 30? And from all sides you hear worryings about your marriage? Just one thing I want to say: you should get married but only when YOU really want to. If you find a person with who you want to spend every moment of your life - go for it! If you have any doubts - no matter what, stop and think and do not rush.
Throw our all the stereotypes about "old maid" and "overstayed"...That's how our society sometimes can label people. If you always want to be free and single - BE! I hate such "status" words such as "marriage", "husband", "wife", "duty" etc, but I prefer "family", "darling", "my love", I prefer those words which really show feelings, not the papers.
6.You don't have to have children if you don't want to!
Having a child is a very serious, crazily serious! It's not that hard to get pregnant, but to raise a real person takes your whole life and devotion.
Many parents from early years give their children to a nanny, then to a kindergarten, then school, then university...and here comes the problem, a huge lack of understanding. Suddenly, for some unknown reason, parents notice that their beautiful child started to think in different way then they and live as they had never imagined. It shouldn't be so! I believe that parents should devote their time as much as possible to a child, talk to him about his dreams, about what he likes and how he wants to live and see himself in this wold. The child is an independent person as all we are, with his talents,uniqueness and abilities - do not let him to fall into darkness of ignorance. 
If you don't want to have children, if you don't feel that you're ready to be eternally tied to someone by your heart - forget about having a child!
Travel, live as you wish, be yourself and spend your time and money as you want. Forget all these stupid stereotypes about procreation! Children should not be a burden! They should be loved with all of heart and soul. They should be wanted!
7. You don't have to wear something you don't like!
I am not talking about some kind of uniform and etc, I just want to emphasize that nobody has to follow the fashion and please everyone by appearance. Wear what you feel suits you well and is comfortable, what you like and what shows your true personality. Forget about opinions of others.
Dye your hair red, green or blue; wear orange shoes even if you're 70 years old; love, enjoy your life and smile to the world. Be who you want to be and listen to your heart - that's the place where people find their answers.
You are made to be free - so BE FREE!


© 2015 Liubov Blithe


Author's Note

Liubov Blithe
Something which is emotional and comes from the deep places of my heart, these stereotypes I am facing all the time. Any other? I would like to hear about which stereotypes you're also tired of!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An Intelligent piece of work. Are you publishing it somewhere? Because you must! I really liked 1st and 2nd headings about God since I am kind of in a middle of both categories. Please keep writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2015
Tags: Stereotypes, faith, marriage, modern, God, fashion, personality, uniqueness, belief, motivation

Author

Liubov Blithe
Liubov Blithe

Belgorod, Russia



About
I consider myself as a person who believes in a dream. Someone, who has a heart full of passion to knowledge of the world, people and life. Someone who's never afraid - maybe it's the best side.. more..

Writing