I am Insane

I am Insane

A Poem by Amaris Velez

 I am Insane.


This is the only thing in my life that I am one hundred percent positive.


I can look someone in the eyes and tell them I love them knowing that they will never love me the same, and be perfectly fine.


When I am in the pit of anger, so deep in it that I’m sure my thoughts alone should get me arrested, I laugh. I laugh a laugh so deep and boisterous that I have to stop and question my sanity once more.


In the same instance I can think of all the ways I could love a person and they could love me, and then realize that they might cheat on me and realize that the love another person more. And I can be okay.


I have no intentions of ever loving again and then think maybe I could give it one more try, while telling a guy he has no chance.

And that last reason why I KNOW I am insane is because I can love myself. More than the moon loves the stars, more than the birds love to fly across the sunrise. I can love myself so much that I tell a silent joke in my confused mind and laugh so hard that tears fall. I can dance and sing and be confident with myself, so confident that no matter how broken I am I will always lend a hand to others. And no other sane person has ever attempted to love me the way I love myself.


I dance by myself and I tell myself and remind myself how beautiful I look to myself as I sleep or as I pour out my feelings on a laptop.


But only an insane person can love another insane person.


And this is how I know I am Insane and completely happy with it.

© 2013 Amaris Velez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

so powerful !(loved your use of words ,,,,)

Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautiful and hopeful poem.
"I dance by myself and I tell myself and remind myself how beautiful I look to myself as I sleep or as I pour out my feelings on a laptop."
I agree. Need another person with same visions and dreams to know happiness. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote




Posted 10 Years Ago


Amaris Velez

10 Years Ago

thank you so much! im a firm believer that you have to genuinely fall in love with yourself before e.. read more
I am Insane and
completely happy with it too!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amaris Velez

10 Years Ago

I am so glad! I have seen so much people just so sad with themselves and it gets ME down as well bec.. read more
Laminators Dubai

10 Years Ago

i get it
love world
A dance of self awareness, we're all a little bit insane....muchly enjoyed.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amaris Velez

10 Years Ago

thank you sooo much for taking out the time to read and review this poem. this poem is probably one .. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Isn't it lovely when someone can relate to one of your favorites, my pleasure Amaris! :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..