Filling In The Gaps

Filling In The Gaps

A Story by Liz

The mix of rain and snow falls lightly, yet purposefully, onto the front of my windshield as I begin to wonder if this loneliness will ever cease. The feeling of emptiness, abandonment. My half torn fortune tells me that the greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything, but I don’t understand how that could be. There is no happiness in my soul and the emptiness does not seem to be curing anything. I see those around me with smiles and laughter, but I don’t necessarily aspire to be like them. The ones that love me and care for me cannot seem to grasp the concept of why I am so full of hate. Everyone wonders why I don’t just think differently. Sometimes they tell me, “you think too much about the wrong things”, but I don’t believe that. I think about everything. I will admit that I overanalyze situations more often than not, and if there was one thing about myself I could change I think that would be it. I don’t know where to go from here. I don’t know if I will ever regain the strength to turn the key that still rests in my ignition. The only place that feels right is my vehicle. I’d like to crack a window but the voices in my head tell me that wouldn’t be safe. Something about the fresh air would make me vulnerable and in this moment I’m unable to handle the truth of reality. I wish that I could make time stand still and right now it almost feels as if I’m doing so. I see society continuing on beyond the glass, but I am at a standstill. I’m not sure if there is anyone else that fully understands the state I’m in, although I’m positive some would say they do. Maybe there is a way to fill emptiness with emptiness, but that must come from the emptiness of another. If only I could find that other person, if only I could somehow fill in the gaps. 

© 2013 Liz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe there is a way to fill emptiness with emptiness, but that must come from the emptiness of another. If only I could find that other person, if only I could somehow fill in the gaps.


Loneliness always finds way to make you wonder different things isn't it...

It was worth reading


Posted 7 Years Ago


well written one;;;;;;

Posted 11 Years Ago


This works really well to get the point across, and I love the stream of consciousness feel. Short but sweet, would love to see it drawn out into a longer scene!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like how you wrote this, personally I’m the same way, i think way too much and tend to not be much of a risk taker, i like your comparison of "society continuing on beyond the glass”, it really explains and exemplifies what your trying to communicate to the writer and personally keeps the reader interested

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013

Author

Liz
Liz

OH



About
I am a college student studying Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Management at Kent State University. I am a lover of all things coffee. Welcome to my profile. Reads and reviews are gr.. more..

Writing
Stutter Stutter

A Poem by Liz


Forest of After Forest of After

A Poem by Liz


Denial Denial

A Poem by Liz