Escape (just an idea, far from finished and hardly refined)

Escape (just an idea, far from finished and hardly refined)

A Story by Sens3mann
"

Just read the prologue -.- Not sure if i should label this "mature" i don't think it's that bad but other people might...

"

Prologue



The cold, soft snow caressed her face sympathetically. It didn't hurt, like she had expected, there was just a feeling of calm flowing through her. This was what she had always looked for in life, serenity.

She would never have guessed that there was no pain, but peace. Maybe it was because she was already nearing death, but Jessica believed that she felt this way, because she had made her own decisions, for her own life, for the first time. No one had forced or pushed her into this, it was unbelievably freeing.

She had believed that it would just be an end, but it wasn't, it was her redemption.

A smile slowly stole itself on her face.

She knew it was cold, but she didn't feel it.

It was in the middle of the night, she had fallen right under a street lamp, she could see everything clearly. Her broken limbs hung lifelessly twisted in every direction, the impact was so hard that the bone had shattered and penetrated the skin, causing pools of red forming beneath her.

Her torso seemed unharmed but she knew there had to be massive damage to her insides, blood was flowing from her forehead, into her eye and further, leaving behind trails of red tears.

It was time, finally she would leave this wretched world, perhaps a better place, perhaps nothingness, it did not matter, anything was better than this life.

The last hope Jessica had before everything went dark, was that the myth about reliving your life before dying was really just that, a myth.




Chapter I



A small girl, approximately six years old, stood in front of her, curiously looking up, as if she wasn't quite sure what to expect.

Her hair was blonde and neatly pulled back into a ponytail, her eyes where blue like sapphires shining with curiosity, she had a slightly stubby nose and rosy cheeks.

Crap, it really wasn't a myth” Jessica thought.

Jessica! Come here Jessica help mommy”

Turning on her tiny feet, her younger self went to enter the living room of her mothers apartment.

This can't be happening” She cried in her head “Haven't I been through enough!? Why do you hate me so, I deserve death.” Her voice trailed of gently as she sobbed “I want to die.”

Entering the living room she saw her mother fixing wooden planks over the windows with a hammer and a bucket of nails.

what are you doing?”

Whirling around her mother raised the hammer above her head, with the most furious expression on her face, then she seemed to relax “oh it's you...”

Who else would it be you crazy b***h!

here honey, take this” she gave the girl the hammer which she was barely even able to lift “i need you to help mommy close the windows, okay” She smiled maniacally.

why?”

Why? WHY?” her mother asked furiously “Because they're always watching, they're out there, out to get me, but they can't, if they can't see me, now can they?” she contemplated for a moment, then looked frightened “can they?” she seemed unsure.

Seemingly having forgotton the existence of her daughter she took the hammer from her and started barricading the window again.

Jessica watched her for a while until her stomach started to growl "Mommy, i'm hungry"

No reaction.

Getting closer she tugged on her mothers sleve, who twirled around, and backed into a cupboard causing some china to fall and break.

"What are you doing?" She screamed "You nearly scared the life out of me! why are you here? who sent you? ANSWER ME!"

"I'm hungry"

Apparently confused her mother just said "then go eat something, for crying out loud" and she turned away from her daughter once more.

© 2010 Sens3mann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on November 19, 2010
Last Updated on November 24, 2010
Tags: suicide, despair, despairation, insanity, death

Author

Sens3mann
Sens3mann

Germany



About
Born: 1991 in Hamburg, Germany. Nationality: German, British. Religious views: Atheism Favourite quote: "The only sovereign you can let yourself allow to be ruled by is reason." - Terry Goodkind. .. more..

Writing