Beauty

Beauty

A Poem by Lone Shadow

The world is full of cruelty, it is everywhere. But it is the beauty hidden around us that helps us to survive, IF we are willing to look for it. Beauty is in everything and everyone, we just need to look with the eyes of our hearts and souls, not the eyes of our peers or of society. We must see beauty where we believe it to be, not where we are told or taught it should be. A mother with her child, a nude portrait, or the death of a stranger, they are all different types of beauty, but they are all equal in emotion and intensity and passion. The only time beauty is tainted is when it is perceived in the wrong way. When you look at it in the wrong frame of mind or spirit, that is when it becomes wrong or strange or disgusting. There are those who say that certain things are wrong or vulgar, but it is only like that because they look at it that way. If their minds and hearts and souls were free of the images this world wants us to see, if they were free of the standard definition of beauty laid down by fools of this world, then they would see all things as beautiful. True beauty is worth looking for. True beauty is worth holding on to.

© 2010 Lone Shadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 11, 2010

Author

Lone Shadow
Lone Shadow

Roy, UT



About
Ask me any question you like, any question in the world. I will answer anything so do not be afraid. more..

Writing
Fire Fire

A Poem by Lone Shadow