Blood on the Floor

Blood on the Floor

A Story by Kyle
"

Pain, suffering... it all comes to an end. Deals with abusive relationships.

"

                She looks in the mirror at her face. It’s swollen after the rumble last night. Another apology accepted, she stares at the bruises looking back at her. She expects family over soon so she adds some makeup to cover up the evidence that not everything is as happy as it seems. Pain, it is all she knows. She is good at masking that pain and becoming someone else whenever family and friends are over. Those people weren’t there to hear the glass breaking last night, or the sounds of the screams she let out as she was knocked to the floor.

                She greets her family at the door with a big smile and invites them inside her house. The source of her pain is gone for now so she does her best to be happy for the moment, a moment she knows won’t last long. However, she makes the most of it and her family is unable to see the pain she bearers. The family leaves and she closes the door. It’s 6 o’clock, he will be home any minute.

                Tonight, it’s different though. The pain will end tonight, and there will be no more sorrow for her. She has kids to think of though, and she knows one of her sons knows the real guy behind the man he calls his father. She is ready for a fight, tonight it all comes to a head. She has a babysitter for the evening because she has special plans for a man who has the nerve to actually call himself a father and a husband.

                A car pulls up and a man staggers up to the porch. Yeah, as expected he smells of alcohol. He comes in and demands that she make him some dinner. She says no, and that they need to talk. He pushes her into the wall and demands his dinner be fixed. She finally gives in and goes to the kitchen to fix him what he wants. He goes into the living room and turns on the baseball game. As he relaxes on the couch and begins to nap she goes up to the bedroom.

                She opens her purse and pulls an object that will take all the pain away. She walks down the stairs and into the living room. Awakened by the noise, the drunk demands his food. She says she is not going to cook it. He gets up and smacks her in the face knocking her to the ground. He kicks her in the head as she reaches into her jacket. She pulls the gun from her jacket and aims it at him. Her hands shake nervously as she tries to pull the trigger but she can’t do it. The husband kicks the gun out of her hand and gets on top of her. He punches her in the face and begins to choke her. As she is deprived of oxygen she has flashbacks of her children, her world, which she will never see again.

                “Get off my mother!” A gunshot, followed by another gunshot and the man releases his grip from the womens neck. As she lays there she sees her husband clenching his chest as blood pours through his shirt. He tries to stand up but falls to his knees. He turns toward her and then collapses onto the floor. At the doorway she sees her fourteen year old son who must have snuck out of the babysitters house. He rushes over to her, and helps her up. She checks on the husbands pulse, he has none. They call the police who arrive on the scene to find a room filled with blood. Self-defense, no charges pressed, and the pain will soon be over.

                Sometimes one must take actions they would never have thought possible to protect a loved one. The child knew his father was beating his mother and he also knew that she was in danger when she left them at the sitter. He snuck out fearing for his mother’s life and arrived just in time to give her another chance to live the life she deserved. Being fourteen and having taken a life could take its toll on the average child, but this child knew he did the right thing. He saved his mother from the b*****d of a father.

 

© 2010 Kyle


Author's Note

Kyle
I have never written a story on an abusive relationship and I thought I would try my hand at it. Please let me know what you think. I know it is not my best, I spent 40 mins on it but please let me know what can be improved and what you thought of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 29, 2010

Author

Kyle
Kyle

Huntington, WV



About
Kyle. 27. Ohio University C/O 2012. Married to my lovely wife, Carolyn. more..

Writing
Refuge Refuge

A Poem by Kyle