Dedicated

Dedicated

A Story by Jessi
"

Two girls in love will do anything to stay together.

"

 Macy stood beside the mattress with her arms crossed, trying to remain calm. Remaining calm had not been coming easy to her in the past few weeks, despite how important it was to her relationship with the girl that wasn't supposed to be sleeping beside her the night before.  She couldn't look weak in that girls' eyes.  Everything needed to be just fine.


“Wake up, Ginger,” she said.  “My aunt will be up in fifteen minutes.”   The girl on the bed yawned.
“Wake up!” The girl finally opened her eyes.
“I’m getting up, I’m getting up,” Ginger said. She sounded quite annoyed. But not nearly annoyed as her girlfriend.  Life is too short to be in a hurry, or be mad. Even when your life is more or less on the line.  If Macy's aunt or Gingers' parents found out they had been together they would both be dead. 

                Macy watched Ginger as she changed clothes, from a baby blue pajama shirt into the same  jeans and white t-shirt from last night when Ginger supposed to be staying with a friend from church.  Of course, she completely fabricated it.    

“What are you watching me for?” Ginger asked.  She had long, straight red hair and  soft brown eyes.  She was very pale, freckled, and quite tall. Her body was toned and in shape from her frequent jazz dancing classes.  Macy, on the other hand, had choppy black hair that only reached her chin.  She had pretty green eyes and was several inches shorter than Ginger, with a perfect curves and a baby face.  They were polar opposites. 

“I'm...I'm not,” she said.  “But you were naked and whatnot.”

“And you're not wearing a bra.  Your aunt won't be up for another hour, Macy, it's only five...” Ginger pulled her jeans back down and sat beside Macy on her mattress.  She pulled on Macy's lacy red thong and kissed her.  Macy giggled.
“MACY!” Her aunt was screaming from the kitchen.  Both girls gasped and got dressed in record time.
“I'll be right there!” Macy called.  She looked at Ginger, who was halfway out the window.
“I'll see you tonight,” she told Macy.
“Where are we going?”
“The fair.  I get my paycheck today and I'll meet you by the park.” 
“Okay then,” Macy waved at Ginger. “I love you.”
“I love you, too.”

                When Ginger left, Macy sat on the mattress. She missed Ginger already. The two girls had been dating for almost a year until a girl from church called Ginger's parents about seeing them kiss on the mouth.  Now, it had to be kept secret.  They weren't even supposed to talk to each other.  To Ginger's parents, Macy was the devil and she had tricked their daughter into lesbianism.  Macy went into the kitchen, wishing nighttime would come faster.  

                “Hey, mom,” Ginger said when she got home.  “What's going on?”  Her mother looked cross and her father was staring out the window.
“Julie called last night to see where you were.  I thought that's where you were staying, Ginger,” her mother said.  She was a tall, blonde haired woman with literally no fat on her body.  She looked like a praying mantis.
“Oh, Julie? No, I stayed at Brianna's...” Busted. “I thought I told you.”
“You were not at Brianna's! If I find out you've been with that lesbian...”
“She's not a lesbian, mom.  She's a bisexual.  And I don't talk to her anymore!”
“You are disgusting!” her father interrupted.  Ginger sighed and went upstairs to her room.

                Macy was in the shower at home, in a very good mood.  Her aunt didn't suspect a thing and she was going to spend the whole night with Ginger.  She had to pick out what to wear which took a whole hour.  She finally decided on short-shorts and a white tank top with furry black boots.  She straightened her hair, put on makeup, and went to the park to wait.
        She waited, and waited.  And then she waited.  Ginger finally made it, an hour and a half late, looking tired and upset.
“I have to get out of here, Macy!” she said.  
“What's up?” 
“My parents are sending me to military school. I have seventy dollars, we have to leave!  We'll go to California, there are a ton of gay people there I met online!”
“We don't know anyone in real life!  Why are they sending you away?”
“They found out I wasn't with Julie last night.  I've been called names all day.  I sneaked out to get here, I don't know what they'll do when they find out I'm missing.”  She grabbed Macy's hand.
“Ginger, I hear sirens.”
                They ran as far as they could and hid behind a dumpster to wait for the cops to pass by.  They weren't even sure they were after them but they couldn't take any chances.  They stayed behind the dumpster, silent, for an hour.  It was getting cold.  Macy sat in Gingers' lap, facing her.
“What are we going to do?” she asked.  She kissed Ginger.
“I don't know... take the bus to California, I guess.  I do know people there but I don't know if I could find them, or if they'd let us stay there until we're eighteen...”
“But if we don't leave, we won't ever see each other again,” Macy started crying.  Ginger hated when Macy cried and she kissed her. 
“Then we'll go,” she said.  The girls stood up and walked quietly to the nearest bus station, holding hands.  
 

© 2009 Jessi


Author's Note

Jessi
It's based on a story I wrote a few years ago. I shortened it, it's be way better as a longer and more elaborate story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree, you should write more! make it like a book maybe. i would definitely read it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think the forbidden love is wonderful. But it's a bit too fast-paced and a tad bit dramatique. Especially about going to military school, they still have that?

I can relate to Ginger about her family being disgusted with her lifestyle. The anger of her father was real, so was his digust and shame. Though I don't swing both ways or bat for the other team. This is a story I can actually understand and relate too.

Good job. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I COMMAND YOU CONTINUE THIS!! O.O

I was getting all into it and then it just ended.
bllaahhh
i really like this!! keep writing it!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2009

Author

Jessi
Jessi

West Monroe, LA



About
I'm Jessi and I live in Louisiana. I'm Jewish... and creepy. I really don't know what to say. I want to be a writer, and get my freaky stories published. People think I'm messed up for writing what I.. more..

Writing
Swamp City Swamp City

A Book by Jessi


Peace Out Peace Out

A Poem by Jessi