Journal Exerpt from "The Ordeal"

Journal Exerpt from "The Ordeal"

A Story by Longing for Home
"

Written as an email to a friend over 10 years ago regarding a very serious legal situation my husband and I found ourselves in....

"

Excerpt from email letter that I sent to Reye, 12/07/97

 

"The kids had musicals at church tonight.  Elizabeth's age group, well, you know, they are just so priceless at that age.  When doees faith become difficult, I wonder?  When does trusting take on such a RISK?  It sure isn't that way when you're 5......

Today has been full of doubting and self-recriminations.  I hate that.  I don't understand WHY I'm that way, especially when I KNOW how BIG God is....I don't know that I'm capable of making it through.  Each day seems more complex, more ominious....my sense of discernment, it seems, has disappeared, and I am left with nothing more than a handful of shattered ideals.  

What I have learned, though, is that nothing, NOTHING which we think that we hold dear matters when the threat of losing our freedoms looms so close....all those things I deliberated to be of such great importance -- they are but dust when the thought that the person whom I love the most, whose presence I truly cherish, must continue to suffer and wrestle with such a great need.  

The most frustrating thing, of course, is that I am so helpless.  Me, "Miss Fix-it", can do nothing at all.  I would give all that I possess to make this "all better",  because all that I have is useless in the face of this situation.  All we have left is God; why do I have such a hard time convincing myself that HE is all we need?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Longing for Home


Author's Note

Longing for Home
This entry is in regard to a life situation for my family known as "The Ordeal". It is an excerpt from an actual email that was sent out.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on December 27, 2008

Author

Longing for Home
Longing for Home

Madison, WI



About
Who am I? I am a mom (with an indomitable spirit) of 3 young adult children -- one of whom suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia. I am the wife of a very gentle soul. I am an employee to a savage co.. more..

Writing