Real

Real

A Poem by Jonathon Wood

[VI]
I don't think y'all get do ya? I'm here cause I'm fresh, I'm here cause I'm stressed. Wanting to clean this mess, there's only four minutes left. Let's face the facts; while y'all slept I worked hard, bustin' back. I didn't lack the motivation needed for levitation. I'm educated but not medicated so what say may not be dope but it's filled with hope. Open that closed mind of yours and listen to the words I'm sayin'. If you're playin' with fire you're gonna get burned. Whether your lessons learned or not. Pot is not a method of getting away, it'll cause those you love run astray. Whether you're afraid or not you gotta understand you must be the first to take that step off the ledge and pledge to yourself you're going to be the greatest, the best, like you're gonna ace a test. That bein' said you'll never fail. 
[Chorus]
This isn't a diss, this isn't a boast, this isn't me tryin' to gloat. This is hope unraveling before your eyes as time slowly moves giving you the opportunity to embrace the grace of life. 
[VII]
I remember back in December when my life took a fender and the bender of life twisted the conflicted mortician into remembering the hindering memories of misery buried in history. It was a wake up call so I wouldn't fall and have to crawl my way back up from the abyss. Sorry haters you hissed but missed. Check them cysts your got burning on your lips. We're too young to hold onto all this hate. Check the date cause soon we'll all be gone. Forgotten memories lingering on the stereos of those we failed. So before you say I'm not dope you best check the reality.
[Chorus]
[VIII]
Am I tough enough or do I need to increase the weight upon my shoulders? My holders abandoned me as my knees buckled. Now I chuckle as they follow me now. Like I'm their damn leader they crawl after me. Gee, it's like my whole world flipped. Now I have a grip, a fighting chance. Worth more than a glance now, cause my rhymes flow. My ego it glows. Watch as I unfold a world before your eyes filled with hope. Where a little boy or girl can grow to become anything they want. Where a haunting is nothing more than love chasing the loveless. Where hopelessness is a myth. 
[Chorus]

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: Music, Lyrics, Rap, Teddy

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing