Finally Famous

Finally Famous

A Stage Play by Jonathon Wood
"

In this short monologue the audience witnesses a famous character venting the reality hidden behind the lights of fame, as he inches his way to the edge of the roof.

"
I have thousands of 'fans'. People who would do all I ask in a moments notice, because they 'love' me. An army of dedicated people who quickly gather arms to defend my name. Some see it as luck, others see it as heaven, but you see it as happiness. Doesn't make a difference whom you are, everyone sees it as an impossible way of feeling unloved, unhappy, but that's bullshit. I'm in a vacant world, being followed by shadows who only adore me because I portray what they want me to be. If I were ever myself they'd toss me aside, find someone new, and abandon me. 
Take my house, take my car, take my wealth, and take my fame. Take this curse, and cast me away into the heaven of normality. Where no one knows you except the ones who care enough. Where love is bliss, and said with meaning. A place of solitude where I can escape the glaring eye of the public, dance in the streets, drink what I please, and not care what I eat. 
I'm exhausted. I'm weak. I'm done. I shouldn't say that, but I'm done with this industry of lies, and deceit. Where love is false, and kindness is a burden. Where you can only get anywhere by abandoning your morality, dignity, and God. Where hate is heard more than love, because you know all too well that those are the honest ones who judge your work. 
I guess what I'm saying is goodbye

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


Author's Note

Jonathon Wood
1-2Minutes

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013
Tags: Famous, Fame, Monolouge, Short, Sad, Depressive, Suicide, Stage Play

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing