Thoughts of a Sad Lover

Thoughts of a Sad Lover

A Poem by Lilith
"

sadness and madness

"
When we spoke our first few words, I didn't think things would go like this.
You were so gentle, so sweet.
You yearned for my attention, not long before I started yearning for yours.

I thought you would be a fling. Oh how wrong I was.

My eyes, to others they were dull, no beauty. But to you, to you their sparkles outran the ocean and overlooked the galaxies.

We wanted more. We wanted sweat, flesh against flesh.
You loved the way I grinded my body into yours, and how I ran my fingers through your locks.
And I loved the way you growled into my ear, and how you sank your teeth into the nape of my throat.

You.. started to change. You seemed to have.. excuses? You became distant. You made me feel unwanted, like I did something wrong. I'm scared to show my love for you, fearing I may go too far, when we used to go farther than the mountains.

I wanted to leave, but I couldn't bear the thought of day without you. I couldn't leave. You have turned to my everything.. But I have turned to your nothing..

© 2016 Lilith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sad indeed to feel unwanted and unloved by someone after they made you feel like you were everything.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very honest and powerful writing
I love it

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lilith

7 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Sad indeed. Strange how love that once burned so fiercely bright can almost become extinguished, without any clear reason why. Yes, sadness and madness, as you say. An expressive poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lilith

7 Years Ago

thank u so much! i know it's been really bothering me lately

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016
Tags: love, young love, ruined love, sadness, sad love

Author

Lilith
Lilith

st louis, MO



About
Hi! Im a artist from Oakville, Missouri. Im joining WritersCafe to hopefully bring out my writing side. Ive always liked drawing and I think Im pretty good at it hehe. I hope to make a couple of new f.. more..

Writing
Buzzed Buzzed

A Poem by Lilith


How Many How Many

A Poem by Lilith


Void Void

A Poem by Lilith