Freezing Cold Fate: Short Story

Freezing Cold Fate: Short Story

A Story by Sarah Hall
"

Short story about fatal attractions, and ice cold water.

"
Freezing Cold Fate: Short Story
By: Sarah Hall

The lake had seemed like the best place. Peaceful, lots of trees around, and no civilization for miles.

Perfect for a suicide.

The only problem was the whole not being able to breathe concept. The thinking through was very minimal when I ran out in the middle of the night to find this place.

I guess I actually didn't think through any of this, really. The feeling sort of just came to me.

It started a few weeks ago. The start of my senior year of high school. Call me a boy-crazy middle schooler-but I remember that first day so clearly for one reason.

Tyson Reeves.

The stereotypical teenage hottie, with sandy brown-blonde hair, striking green-blue eyes, and the body of a God.

No joke.

Right off the bat, I knew that this person, this guy right here, would be the cause of all of the girl drama this year. I remembered just being happy that this was my last one.

But then I had him in math. And biology. And creative writing. And then I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I can say that it was a gradual attraction, though. The next week he talked to me. He said, and I quote, 'can I borrow a pencil? Mine broke.'
And, of course, I gave him my only pencil, because, well, it's not like I cant give him a pencil.

Anyway, the next week was the week that I dropped my books right in front of him. And, despite what you might believe, not on purpose.

The day after that I came into school and the first thing I saw was him. And so started the gradual obsession. And, call me crazy, I think it was mutual.

But it was also what ruined me.

He would stare at me from across the classroom. He would follow me around school, even home one time.

And then came the feeling. The constant emptiness that surrounded me. It soon felt like it was choking me, taking away my air and my ability to interact with anyone but myself.

It was after that that the visions started. Dreams, whatever you want to call them.

They would cloud my mind, take up all of my thoughts, and soon they were all I thought of.

Suicide.

The next day was yesterday. He stared me down. He watched me, constantly. And the visions got too loud. Visions of ropes hanging from ceilings and hands choking my own neck. They were awful.

I got home from school, tried to sleep, but ended up sneaking out of my window and running as fast as I could down here.

I didn't know exactly where I was, but I knew that I was at the right place.

The water had looked so blue, so soft, and I'd even venture to say that it was calling to me, reeling me in.

And as I took a step forward, I saw his face. Him telling me to just jump. Just let go. Be free.

And so I did.

And it was his face I saw as my body hit the ice-cold water and plunged in deep.

It was his face I saw as I struggled to catch my breath and started to regret my choice.

And it was his face I saw as he lifted me out of the freezing abyss, and into his warm arms.

© 2014 Sarah Hall


Author's Note

Sarah Hall
Constructive criticism is always welcome, but please no hate comments. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 7, 2014
Tags: Teen, suicide, girl, boy, water, freezing, cold, vision

Author

Sarah Hall
Sarah Hall

TX



About
Country girl who's a sucker for romance novels and anything sweet. Dylan obrien is my husband...he just...forgets sometimes... Wish to be a writer when I grow up, but probably won't make it the.. more..