Mayan Eyes

Mayan Eyes

A Poem by Lori Brown Boniciolli
"

Life

"
Mayan Eyes

I stare into great pools of shimmering golden brown.

The gentle curve of your full lips speaks to me in an ancient tongue

of life well-lived and love to be found.
Your lilting voice lures me to ease, and I am ready to learn.

I am a slow but willing student,

and I am yours now.

I assume so much, thinking you could be mine,

but I will dream of it anyway,

and swim in your Mayan eyes forever.

© 2016 Lori Brown Boniciolli


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

For obvious reasons I am reminded of CS&N's Lady of the Island. But this goes further into those eyes. It like them is mesmerising.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love the gentle expression used here . . . it flows well & kinda seduces the reader in a similar vein to the mesmerizing Mayan eyes. "Great pools of shimmering golden brown" . . . I'm always urging writers to use more detail & to make it original . . . this above-quoted line is the poster child for what I'm seeking. I also love that your poem could be referring to something OTHER THAN a specific person with particular eyes . . . that could represent any dream or goal one might have in life.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Soft and tentative...some begin a journey headfirst, others, slow and probing...i wonder if there ever comes a time when the result doesn't matter as much as the process...beautiful, longing write. Lovely done :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is so meaningful and beautiful.. love the scheme and creativity!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful and gentle flow of thoughts led reader to a hopeful ending. Those Mayan eyes can steal our mind and heart. Thank you Lori for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


"Your lilting voice lures me to ease, and I am ready to learn."

This piece has an alluring quality to it which grasps the reader.. I enjoyed reading this.
Mesmerizing write :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


a beautiful poem of feelings,and the dying tongue of the mayans

Posted 7 Years Ago


An awesome title from the off...
A time for all things and all things in good time came to mind when I read this over and over. The time has come for this particular lesson and unlike the previous attempts (half-hearted perhaps) to learn there is now an understanding of the learning process itself.
I enjoyed this - thank you to EmmaJoy for RR'ing this one.
Well written Lori.

Posted 7 Years Ago


'.. your full lips speaks to me in an ancient tongue.. of life well-lived and love to be found.'

This has tangible thoughts a'floating high out of reach for mere mortals. You surely write of feelings for a person so far, far out in space, you could be touching the moon itself.

Truly beautiful, Lori.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is one of sighs and melting eyes... a touch of day and dreams and lifelong wishes.

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2016
Last Updated on April 14, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite