1Lorren Pierce... 'A Vampires Tale'... Scene 1

1Lorren Pierce... 'A Vampires Tale'... Scene 1

A Story by Lorren Pierce
"

A 15th century tale of a young man who inadvertantly becomes a vampire.

"

Lorren Pierce… ‘A Vampires Tale’… Scene 1

My name is Lorren Pierce and I am… a Vampire. But it was not always so. Let me tell you the tale of how I came to be...

I was born in the mid 1500's in the city of Kiev. 1542 I think. It was a time of great expansion and land dispute. Ottomans, Tartars and Cossacks wrestled among themselves for dominance.

My father was a farmer. He, I and my brother worked the land day in and day out for it to yield its life giving substance. Mother tended the linens and cooking and odd household chores, along with our education of reading and writing. It was a hard life. It was an honest life.

We were neither poor nor rich by any standard. We had a horse for the cart, an ox for the plow and chickens my brother and I had to tend. We were twins my brother and I. We were good boys, for the most part. Not very mischievous and didn't lend to too much trouble. Occasionally we would pretend to be the other when in town for supplies, confounding the merchants a bit. I would enter a shop to purchase an item, then leave. Moments later my brother would come in and purchase the same item causing quite a stir. It was all in good fun and there was never any harm done.

It was a normal night just like any other night when there came a commotion from the barn. I rushed out to see what the matter was, and there, lying on the ground was our horse and, kneeling over the horse, appearing to be biting it was... a man.

I yelled 'You there! I'll have you release that animal, if you please, before you kill it'. The man, dark overcoat, pale skin, and a face now smeared with the blood of the horse rose to his feet. He had sharp teeth like an animal and stared at me with eyes that seemed black as night.

He looked down at the horse and replied matter of factly 'It is already dead'. He then turned toward me and spoke again, 'I had meant only to take the animals, but now it looks as if I will have to take you as well'.

And with that, as if I blinked my eye only once, he was upon me, hand round my neck and lifting me off the ground clear.

Just then father and brother burst through the door of the barn, astonished at the sight. 'Put the boy down', my father cried. And that he did, and none too gently, for he threw me with such great strength that I crashed into the far side wall, fell to the ground and lost my conscious as all went dark...

I do not know how long I lay there on the ground. When I could finally open my eyes all was but a blur. There was a great pain in my head, back and shoulders that must have come from my collision with the wall behind me. I slowly and painfully pushed myself to my knees, took a few breathes and allowed my vision to clear. But to my horror at what I now saw brought a new pain to my heart. My brother lay on the ground near the door of the barn lifeless and still. I crawled to him, speaking his name again and again, but he did not answer. When I reached his body my fears were confirmed when I saw that his neck had been ripped open wide with all the blood drained from him. I found my father a few short yards from the house. He too was lifeless and still on the ground and in the same state as poor brother, neck open wide and all the blood taken from him. Mother lay across the dining table, her blank eyes staring into the nothing. Here she lay just as the other two.

This man... this monster… he killed the horse... he murdered my family. He said he meant only for the animals. Had I not disturbed him, he may have left. My God this is my fault. Mother, father, brother. They would still be alive if not for me. It’s my fault. It’s My Fault. IT’S MY FAULT....

I collapsed to the floor and wept. I wept, until I could no longer...

And then, from deep within, an anger welled up from inside me. An anger and rage that I knew not was there. NO, NO, NO!!! This was not my fault! It was his, this villain, this murderer, this monster! I vow this night, upon the blood of my family, that they shall be avenged.

I will find this monster, this thing, and I will utterly destroy it... if it takes me the whole of my life...

© 2011 Lorren Pierce


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great beginning to this story, I'm sure he's going to get his revenge or end up a vampire himself. Nice to see after reading below this is a longer story. Congrats on being published, what's the books title going to be?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks a lot. I've actually completed this story, at 33 scenes, and now I'm getting ready to publish. I'm glad you liked this one. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent vampire write, I really love vampire stories and yours is right up there with the best I've read on WC!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was truly fascinating!
I really thought it was a neat story and I shall continue to read some more.
A vampire story is what always sets chills down my spine.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Lorren Pierce
Lorren Pierce

AZ



About
I am a husband and father of 3. I live in the desert. I am a retired Sous Chef and now a full time college student. I have always had a fond facination with the vampire and werewolf. Even as a child.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..