Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by L.L. Lily

Prologue

Emily Rose "Emma" Kemp stood by the edge of the peer, her arms crossed over her chest and buried in the warmth of her armpits as the coastal breeze brushed ever so hastily like a competitive game of tug of war at her long fuchsia frilly dress and light auburn tresses. It seemed like the weather understood her, the feeling of morose sadness contained by the dull grey skies, the churning of the east winds like the bitterness swelling inside her. The breeze brushed lightly at her pore less cheeks, her head instinctively craning back fondly by the familiar touch of the stroking wind, it was as if a familiar was stroking them... it was like it was him... The way his light ghostly tentative fingers as it made contact with her flushed cheeks with so much genuine ginger sensitive care as if he regarded her as something so priceless and fragile was enough to prove his presence. She had closed her eyes then imagining that he was really by her side, imagining every curve and flesh of his existence and not the pallor like powder complexion he had in his bed while he was in a brink of death but the bright radiance of light and life. The way she knew he was happy, that she or they were happy by each other’s side, like any other day before they had parted.


Her lips parted meaning to speak words that were already as subtle as she was, but they didn't seem to want to come out. Tears began to stream down the corners of her eyes, her knees shaking weakly like gelatin as she took a step forward, and then another, one more, she thought forcing herself to take another step, would have surely drawn her back with him.


Autumn leaves swirled like a mini cyclone around her, lifting her dress up like an inverted umbrella as she held it down to her side with one hand and the other clenching her suddenly tightening chest. A smile crept on her features as she looked up at the auburn sky, the purplish clouds taking shape of two couples sitting shoulder against shoulder as they gaze upon the direction of the horizon already tainted sundown her dark hazel irises glistening like a pair of rubies as she gazed upon them, she knew then it was definitely him.


I love you... She whispered, this time the tears was not of sorrow but tears of joy, her eyes closed, her vision dimmed between her long eyelashes and slowly retired to darkness. I love you... She whispered again and then once more until it had come out sounding like a possessed music box repeatedly harmonizing in her mind and then died.



© 2014 L.L. Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on April 21, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014


Author

L.L. Lily
L.L. Lily

About
Everyone has a beautiful life story, you lead it, life writes it to what we call past or history. No matter how small, every little detail counts. My paper, your pen our hands joined as an beautiful i.. more..

Writing
authors note authors note

A Chapter by L.L. Lily


BUlletproof BUlletproof

A Story by L.L. Lily