Idea for a Romance Story. Advice Appreciated

Idea for a Romance Story. Advice Appreciated

A Story by Louisa.Warren.
"

In a world where Fate and Soulmates exists, the daily paper reveals to Ritchie that she is destinied to be with Michael. However, she finds out Michael made her life hell. What will she do?

"

It’s a world with a special magazine and a special island; Fate Magazine and Destiny Island.

Every week the Fate Magazine prints off two names of people who are soul mates and made for each other. They are then taken in a holiday (curtsey of Fate) to meet and get to know their future partner. One day at work Erica runs into the room squealing, shoving the paper into Ritchie’s hands. Erica is seven months pregnant. She sees that she’s the next girl to meet her soul mate and she can’t wait.

She doesn’t know who Michael Dently is (she wants to search him on Facebook but Erica says it’s bad luck and she forbids her. Ritchie reluctantly agrees) but she’s excited.

When she gets there with Erica, they chill out and have cocktails on the beach with a waiter named Adam. They both flirt with him but Ritchie was distracted.

 It’s the next day and she wakes up to see a tray of breakfast �" warm �" with a note by the side telling her to go to the cafe corner, curtsey of Fate.

She gets dressed and walks down to see her soul mate when he sees...Michael Ellis. She turns around and runs back to the hotel to Erica’s room, sure there’s some mistake. Maybe Michael got the wrong end of the stick, his last name wasn’t Dently. Maybe he spilled a drink on the paper and didn’t read the last name. Erica calms her down and tells her maybe it’s just a coincidence, and that Michael Dently is still waiting there but Ritchie didn’t notice because she was too busy looking at the other Michael.

Ritchie tells Erica she can’t go back now. She doesn’t want another chance to bump into Michael. She tells Erica that he was the boy who made her life hell back in school, and it was made worse with her knowing that she would always love him, even though she hates and despised him at the same time.

Erica insists that she goes back and reluctantly she does. She walks slowly, making herself go crazy thinking about him. She sees him sitting in the cafe and she watches him, looking around a little hesitant. She is about to turn away but she hears her name being called. She moans, her heart racing as she turns around. Michael comes to greet her, remembering her from old times and they sit down and chat. When she asks he tells her that his parents divorced and he took his father’s name. She nods, acting cold and disinterested.

 

She goes along with the next few dates because she of Erica and because of Fate. Because Erica is always sleepy with being pregnant she spends the nights with Adam the waiter, and because she wants to give Michael a taste of his own medicine she wants to hurt him like he did to her, she sleeps with Adam. The next morning she gets a knock on her door and it’s Michael. When he sees Adam peeking around the door he looks really sad and makes his excuses and leaves.

 

She ends up feeling really bad and she goes to apologise. He’s staring into space and then she feels even worse. She ends up telling him the truth and that it was payback for what he did to her years ago. Her heart hearts and she tells him that she think she lost this war, she is the one that feels really bad, not him. He smiles weakly and wants to talk about it. Insert flashback here!

 

When she gets back to the hotel �" after being on an apology date �" she sees Erica screaming in her hotel room and surrounded by a load of people. She’s having the baby and they rush to the hospital and wait for it to be delivered. However, she has to wait for a couple of hours until the time is right and she and Ritchie sit there and wait.

 

She has the baby and a few days later they come back from Fate’s holiday. On the aeroplane she tells Michael that she can’t forget what happened back then and she just wants to be friends. He’s really sad and asks if there’s any possibility of another date happening. She declines, but is happy that she’s met him and she’s able to move on.

 

As soon as she gets back she suddenly turns depressed, but seeing Erica’s baby makes her happy for the first moment and then sad again that she’s missed the chance.

 

Three Months Later

 

She’s babysitting Jenna, Erica’s daughter, with Michael. When Erica comes home they go to a bar in town before they end the night. One thing leads to another and they kiss. She smiles and so does he.

© 2010 Louisa.Warren.


Author's Note

Louisa.Warren.
Thanks for reading :)
Please tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a good premise for a romance novel. You have characters that are likable and lots of opportunities for romantic elements. I'm not certain if "making her life hell" in high school is enough drama though for a romance novel. I think you're gonna wanna come up with some other deep dark secret to go along with it. I wonder if sleeping with Adam is the greatest idea...it could make your readers dislike your protagonist, which is never a good thing. But if you write it right, you could pull it off.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2010
Last Updated on January 28, 2010

Author

Louisa.Warren.
Louisa.Warren.

About
I Hate spiders which is why i'm silently screaming as one is walking all over my mouse right now... I've got one which has been sleeping (unless they can cling onto doors when they're dead) just above.. more..

Writing