Dehydrated Musings

Dehydrated Musings

A Poem by Blue Moon Ice Cream
"

Trying to be inspired

"
Some annoying madman
Has crawled into my ear
And is beating my skull with a croquet mallet.

I believe my lack of water
Must have conjured him
To torture me into sipping some Gatorade.

My pen taps on my paper
I long to spin eloquent words
Into a breathtaking, masterful poem.

Instead, my thoughts speak in a drone
Limply spinning in circles
Nothing worthwhile is rising to the top, just bubbles.

My body is a steamy summer noon
With no breeze and plenty of languid flies
I want to kill them, but then I'd just be slapping myself.

© 2011 Blue Moon Ice Cream


Author's Note

Blue Moon Ice Cream
I think it speaks for itself...I was really bored and trying to write something deep and meaningful, and it just wasn't working, so the result was this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

And in vocalizing your feeling of failure, you have created something rather beautiful.

"Limply spinning in circles" is such an awesome way to describe your un-profound thoughts xD
Also, "My body is a steamy summer noon" is a pretty epic line as well.
Well written--it always amuses me when people write about their lack of inspiration and wind up with something exquisite. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your musings are filled with the emotion of existence... the thoughts that trail the mind and move us to ponder... to sit still or move on... You've painted a brilliant aura of feeling here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nicely written

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Corky write. An interesting read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hah! It's kind of funny, in a way. I love the way it flows together and the word "madman"! I love that word, for what reason I will never know, but it just sounds so... delicious! The fact that you were writing about your little writers block and made a beautiful poem really makes me happy. Wonderful job! I certainly understand the feeling of writers block. I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem described writers block with perfection.

In weaving the failed words, and sewing them together came a piece of odd poetic beauty and eloquence.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I absolutely love the first stanza. That is one of the most amazing and amazingly peculiar introductions I have ever seen in a poem XD. I really like this, I think anyone and everyone who has an account on this website can easily relate to and appreciate this. I know I can! I really like the message behind this and you conveyed it perfectly. I don't think I would change anything here. Keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Been there... This poem captured it perfectly... especially that last stanza. You could probably get rid of the rest of the poem and leave just that and it would stand just as strong - if not stronger.

... Way to turn the emptiness into something radically truthful and real.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOl, i like how poetic this sounds and I like the imagery. I know how it feels to be dehydrated, ur vision gets fuzzy and yur lightheaded feeling like ur gonna die, well AT LEAST i FEEL THATR WAY ANYWAY. GREAT WRITE!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this would really appeal to a younger audience because it is really funny! I think that you should write more like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2011

Author

Blue Moon Ice Cream
Blue Moon Ice Cream

KS



About
Shoot, you guys are going to think I'm a poet because that's all I've left on here. Well, I'd still appreciate feedback on those two-year-old poems, but I feel like I should add a disclaimer that the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse