Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by LoveTheNameJason
"

Enjoy :3

"

“I’m not going anywhere!” He yelled into his expensive IPhone. I passed Nick by yet again today and he didn’t seem too happy. I cannot do a thing. All I do is watch him from a far. But does he even know I exist? Probably not. He’s more interested in those cheerleaders. They are always all over him. But what do I care for? I could care less about him.


I walked to my scratched up locker and put in the combination. “24-33-49,” a familiar voice frightened me. I turned around quickly but carefully. There he stood. The creepiest, scariest nerd in the country, Kurt. I’d give anything to get him away from me. He’s done everything a stalker would. He followed me home, called my house phone, got my number, and now has figured out my locker combination.


“Go away!” I yelled. I grabbed my books and ran into Science class, hoping for the best. Well maybe he won’t follow me in here and break the school rules. I guess I’ll be safe in here.


I normally sit next to a boy named Jon, my lab partner and my best friend. He’s a humorous guy. He reminds me of the character ‘Fred’. Fred’s videos amuse me and so does Jon. I sat my butt down on the uncomfortable chair breaking my chain of thoughts. I took out my Science book before the teacher can get a chance to yell at me. Not this time Mr. Lucas.


“What’s up with him?” I heard someone say, followed by laughter. I took a peek at the door. Kurt was waving at me with a giant smirk. I shoved my face into my binder, hoping he would go away.  Why am I cursed to be his crush? The laughter was gone, and the room was dead silent, as usual. Thank goodness he is gone. Why must I suffer? I felt a gentle hand pat my back.


“It’s okay, he’ll leave you alone someday,” Jon smiled. I smiled back and simply nodded. He was such a nice kid. “Alright class!” Mr. Lucas startled me. “Open your books to chapter four, today we’re talking about animal cells!” He said with an exciting tone in his speech. “Yay...” The class said sarcastically.


I opened my pencil case to get a pencil, but a note fell out. I picked it up and opened it up, slowly. My heart was about to skip a beat when I read it. All it said was ‘meet me at the gymnasium at 2:30 SHARP’. It looked nothing like Kurt’s hand writing. It didn’t even seem like him. What if this is a joke? But what if it’s not? Well the only way to find out was to go there. But I wouldn’t. I’m just a little wimp. Either way, this is the last period of the day and school ended at 2:25.


Throughout Science, all we did was draw and label cells. There was only two minutes left in class. Only two minutes to decide. What if it was Nick? Why would it be Nick? What am I saying; I mean seriously he doesn’t even know I exist. The bell suddenly rang, interrupting my thoughts. I gathered my papers and placed them in my folder. I walked out of the classroom and stopped. To my left was the gym, and to my right was the way out.


My phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to jump. I took it out; it was an old phone that no one used anymore. I had a text from my mom saying she’ll pick me up in fifteen minutes with great news. Fifteen minutes, huh. I’m supposed to meet this secret person in two minutes, so I have time. But what if it’s dangerous? C’mon Mila, trust you’re instinct. Well excuse me but my instinct is telling me to go because it thinks it’s Nick!


I took a step, to the left. I took another, and another, until I made it in the gym. I breathed slowly, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. At that point I thought my lungs stopped working. I shrieked and jumped. I turned around to see Jon.


“Jon!” I yelled, with a bit of disappointment. “Guess what!” He jumped. I sighed and looked at him. “What?” I asked. “You, me, Kayla and Kyle are going to the writer’s convention!” He explained. I looked at him, as if he was crazy. The closest writer’s convention was in Georgia, and I live in New York! “Jon did you tell her already?” I spotted my mother walking towards us.


“Mom, is this true?” I asked. She nodded with a giant smile. “Oh my gosh!” I jumped up and down in excitement. I couldn’t believe it! Kayla and I have been writing a book together and maybe I can show it off! Wait a second…what’s the catch here. “Mom… Is this a joke?” I looked around, “okay, where’s the camera?” She gave me the ‘mother’ look. It is really true! “Jon! You’re coming with me!” I grabbed his hand, ran outside through the closest exit and jumped into my mother’s car. She jumped in, too, and started driving.


“Wait, what am I doing with you again?” He asked. “To help me pack! It’s next week which is Spring break, I’ve only checked a million times! I can’t believe my begging worked!” I fell back into the seat and to a deep breath to inhale all of this excitement in. “Well then I need to pack too,” he stated. “Don’t worry Jonathan I’ll drop you off,” my mother’s nosiness interrupted us. “But Jon!” I whined.


Before I could say another word, we had already stopped by his house. I waved goodbye with a smirk and left. I sighed and sunk into the seat. I hated being alone at home. I practically live with my friends, since I’m always with them. But when I’m alone, thoughts of Nick pop into my head. I hate that so much! I guess I just had to deal with it for tonight. Maybe the excitement will keep me happy. Nothing will ruin this weekend!

 


-Nick’s POV-


                        Why in the hell am I forced to go to this stupid Writers con? Why was I stuck with writing skills? I hate writing! Yet my mom thinks that someday I’ll be the most famous author in the world; no way. I mean seriously, I’m a popular jock. Stuff like this will completely ruin my reputation.


                        “Yo Nick, are you busy during Spring break?” Asked Ashton. What was I supposed to say? I’m telling you, this thing is going to ruin my two years left in High School! I have to make up a lie. I need something that would convince this kid to leave me alone. “Uh... I’m going on a cruise,” I lied. “In the spring?” He wondered. “Look man I have to go,” I excused myself as I hopped into my car.


                        I sighed and stared to drive back home. I passed by a girl that just got dropped off by her mom. She seemed familiar. She had dark brown wavy hair and a pair of brown eyes. She was cute. But not too cute. I like my girls extra hot. She didn’t seem to notice me, but she seemed really excited about something. Oh well, I guess we don’t have mutual feeling either.


                        My IPhone rang in my pocket out loud. I slipped it out and looked at the caller ID. My lovely mother was calling. “Hello?” I spat out. “Honey you need to come home and pack,” she explained. “Yeah mom what do you think I’m doing?” Anger clearly filled my voice as I hung up in her face. She deserved it. I can’t wait until my 18th birthday, in a year and a half. Then I’ll be free to go anywhere. And most importantly, I won’t have her always on my back.


                        I parked my car by my house and walked in, expecting my mom to kill me with her questions. But no, it was dead silent. “Mom!” I yelled. It was silent for a few more seconds until she yelled back, “I’m just booking your hotel ticket honey!”


                        Wait a second, did she say ‘ticket’ not ‘tickets’? “Mom, are you not coming with me?” I yelled. “No sweetie,” she answered. Suddenly joy filled me up. “But your sister will!” She disappointed me yet again. “Why the hell is Maddie going?” I ran upstairs and into her office room. She turned her chair around and answered with the same response as always, “Because she’s older and more responsible.”


                        I sighed as I stormed into my room and crashed onto my bed. I stuffed my face into my pillow and screamed. “I HATE YOU MOM!” I screamed. Well…maybe some Facebook will help me out here. I grabbed my laptop and logged in. Over a hundred notifications and maybe thirty friend requests. I went through my friend requests and most of them were nerds who just admire me. Except for one who stopped me for a second. It was the girl that I saw. Her name was Mila, Mila Miller. Her profile picture was adorable. I accepted it, of course.


                        She had a new status that said ‘Can’t wait for an awesome trip with Kyle Keller, Kayla Keller and Jon Wilkinson next week!’ Well she’s lucky she gets to go on vacation with her friends. She’ll probably be going to something special while I’m stuck going to a stupid convention with my sister. Why must I be so miserable? Well maybe I can make someone else’s day. I commented asking her where. That’ll make her go crazy. Any girl would go crazy if I commented on their status. I mean seriously I’m Nick Sanders.


                        She answered very quickly. She replied with ‘Idk yet :P’. What’s that supposed to mean? She was supposed to freak out! Who wouldn’t freak out over me? I simply typed ‘K’ and logged off. Facebook was too boring and slow. Maybe I can do something special. Something that can get me in trouble so I won’t get to go to the con! Sneaking out is good enough, right? Especially when I have to go to my dentist appointment in half an hour. She’s going to get so pissed.


                        I grabbed my keys and tip toed outside but ran into my car. I drove out as quiet as possible. As soon as I drove out, I drove out into the street as quickly as possible, not seeing where I was going. “Stop!” someone yelled. Oh gosh, I almost ran over an old lady. “You kids these days! Someone outta teach you a lesson!” She yelled and shook her cane in the air. “Okay, grandma,” I laughed and drove out.


                        As I drove out, I saw her again. She was walking her dog and talking on the phone. He face had a really big smile on it as she walked by. She wasn’t paying attention to her dog at all. It was literally in front of my car. “Uh hello? Can you get your dog out of my way?” I demanded. A car horn freaked her out. But it wasn’t from me, it was from the car behind me. And of course, it was my mother.


                        “Park your car!” She yelled. I couldn’t do anything else because Mila’s damn dog was in front of my car. I pulled back and parked and got out. “What mom?” I yelled. She came out with anger written all over her face. I heard giggles come from behind. Mila is enjoying this. I swear, next time I’m just going to run that dog over.  “Oh hello there Mila,” my mother waved at her as she passed by with giggles. My mom is so bipolar, watch she’s going to smack me. But the good thing, I probably won’t have to go to the stupid con.


                        “I know exactly what you were thinking,” she warned. “You’re going to that convention and you’re going to like it!” She ordered. “Now get in my car!” She pointed at the back seat in her car. “What about my car?” I yelled. “You’re leaving it here. Whatever happens you’re paying,” she yelled back. Was she out to get me killed? I can’t take the bus to school! Oh well maybe I’ll steal her car and then we’ll see who’d still be going to that con. 



© 2011 LoveTheNameJason


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
Added on November 1, 2011
Last Updated on November 8, 2011
Tags: love, convention, bully, stubborn, boy, girl, bad boy


Author

LoveTheNameJason
LoveTheNameJason

Honalulu, HI



About
I forgot what my pass was for my old account -.- Epic fail. But yeahh I'm here now :D more..

Writing