A New House a New Home

A New House a New Home

A Chapter by LostandAlone
"

This chapter is more of a filler. Just to introduse a few characters and get the next part of the story going.

"

 

 

“What?” She questioned in disbelief.

            “A vampire. You know, fangs, blood, Dracula, ‘I vill suck your bloooood’?”

            “I’m not f*****g stupid, I know what a f*****g vampire is, but you’re f*****g crazy if you think I believe that you are one of them.”

He gave her a nervous look, he seemed to be pissing her off, and that wasn’t the direction he was trying to turn this conversation to.

            “Okay, just look.” He told her, opening his mouth.

            “What?” She said, but cooperating.

            She stared in shock as she saw two sharp fangs come down in front of his canine teeth, piercing his lower lip.

            “Holy f**k…” Was all she could muster.

He grinned snidely as the fangs went back into his gums.

            “Told you I was a vampire.” He said, still grinning.

She gave him a look of disbelief.

            “You’re a vampire. A f*****g vampire. Like for real, a f*****g vampire!” She said, coming out of her shock and getting excited.

            “Haha, yeah.” He told her, laughing.

            “You realize how like f*****g awesome that is, right?”

He sat back down, grabbing her wrist, and pulling her down to sit next to him. She gave him a serious look and he let go of her arm.

            “Do not f*****g grab me.” She said in a serious tone.

            “Sorry…” He mumbled. He hadn’t meant to upset her.

She bit her lower lip nervously. Now the air was so awkward.

            “Um, so…” She murmured, trying to break the silence.

He cleared his throat, and stood up.

            “Someone I know has a very nice proposal that I believe you will be interested in.”

She rose her eyebrows. “Huh?”

            “Look, we’ll explain it later, just meet me here,” He said giving her a small piece of paper on it. “Tomorrow, okay?” He told her.

            “Um, okay…” She answered, still nervous.

            “Okay. Stay safe til then, okay?” He told her.

She stood up fixing her shirt. “Yeah…”

            He went to walk off, and she grabbed his arm.

            “Wait!” He turned back to her.

            “Yeah?” She let go of his arm, and bit her lip again, and brought her hand up to her necklace, fidgeting with it.

            “Um, could I maybe stay with you tonight? I have nowhere to go, and um,” Tears started to gather in her eyes, and she wasn’t even entirely sure why.

            “Is something wrong?” He asked her, genuinely worried about the girl.

She shook her head, wiping the tears away, frustrated with herself for her stupidity.

“No, nothing, sorry I said anything.” She went to walk away, but he touched her shoulder, gently, not grabbing her. He really didn’t want to upset her again.

“Look, if you need somewhere to stay, you are welcome to come stay with me. My brother, his girlfriend, her friend, and I have a pretty nice apartment about an hour from here. It’s small, but it’s pretty nice. Out in the country, there’s very little traffic, and it’s nice. If you’re interested.”

She fidgeted with her necklace, biting her lower lip hard enough to draw blood. She saw Tristan look away quickly, and begin to take deep, shallow breaths.

            “You okay?” She said, not realizing what she had done.

            “Yeah, I’m fine, the blood, it’s just… Messing with me…” He said, still not looking at her.

She wiped the blood on her shirt sleeve.

            “Sorry….”

            “It’s fine, it just distracted me.” He was facing her now.

            “Would you like to come stay with us?” He asked her.

She fidgeted with her necklace, chewing her bottom lip, still nervous.

            “Um, I don’t want to be a bother or anything…” She muttered.

He shook his head. “You wouldn’t be a bother, I promise. It’s fine.”

            “Okay…”

            “Okay. You know you really didn’t strike me as the shy kinda girl.” He said, smiling a little.

            “I’m not, I just don’t like to bother people…”

He put his arm around her. “Well, let me tell you this, you will not ever be a bother to me.”    

She mumbled something about not believing that, and closed her eyes a bit, rocking back and forth.

            “Come on.” He told her.

She looked around, coming back to reality.

            “Okay…”

They walked in silence for a while, until they come upon a small little house at the end of a dark driveway.

            “Well this is it.” He told her.

            “Cool.” Oktobar said.

They walked up to the front porch, and he took out a key to unlock the door. The door was opened before he put the key in the lock.

            “Hey!” A small girl of medium height and long auburn hair said, hugging him.

She was around 5’9, about the same height as Oktobar, with light auburn hair, high cheekbones and piercing blue eyes. She was actually very pretty. Two guys, looking about the same age as her and Tristan joined her at the door.

            “Hey, man, you okay?” One of them, a dark haired boy, asked Tristan,  the girl now clinging onto him like glue.

            “Yeah, I’m alright.” He said, taking Oktobar’s hand.  “Guys, this is Oktobar, she’ll be staying with us now. Oktobar this is Austin, Kristoff, and Briar, they’re really great friends of mine, and my brother Garrett is around here somewhere.” He told her.

            “Oh, cool.” She said, nervous. She really didn’t like being around a bunch of people she didn’t know.

            “Yep. Come on, I’ll show you around the house.” She followed him all around the house, and he showed her doors, and hallways, and where the attack was, and where the basement was, and where all the bathrooms, and kitchens, and bedrooms where. She found out she would be sleeping in a spare bedroom, between the room Briar and Austin shared, and the room Tristan slept in.

            “Can I just go like, lay down for a while?” She asked him when they were all settled in the living room.

            “Yeah, sure, I’ll walk you to your room.” Tristan said, standing up.

She stood up next to him, still a little shy, but more comfortable than she was. “I’m going to get her settled, and I’ll be back down, alright? Make sure the doors are locked.” Austin nodded his head, and went to stand up, since Kristoff had Briar asleep on his chest.

            “Alright. Come on.” He took her hand, and they walked up stairs.

She stripped down to bra and panties, and climbed into the bed. She crawled underneath the covers, looking at Tristan. He sat down next to her on the bed. Brushing some of her red hair out of her pale face.

            “You okay?” He asked her.

            “I don’t know…” She answered, her eyes glazing with tears.

He put his hand on her cheek, looking into her eyes.

            “Everything is going to be okay. I promise. You’re safe now. And all of us will keep you safe. We’re all a family here.” He reassured her.

            “Yeah, I hope so…” She closed  her eyes, and started to drift off to sleep.

He stood up, kissing her gently on the forehead, and crept out the door. Shutting out the light, and closing the door, except for a crack, then headed back downstairs.

 

           

 



© 2013 LostandAlone


Author's Note

LostandAlone
So, it's really getting into the story now. Third chapter. What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is very interesting, and I really like where you're going with it. Keep writing more. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


LostandAlone

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :D
Katherine S.

11 Years Ago

Yep. :D
The main character is really beginning to make me think of two people I know, who have the same smart-a*s, arrogent, mean attitude sometimes... I liked this chapter, because it displays a lot of emotion, but also carries on with the story. I am looking forward to reading more of this. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katherine S.

11 Years Ago

Yes, you are!!! ;)
LostandAlone

11 Years Ago

Haha, he definatly is!
xXChanceXx

11 Years Ago

I AM NOT A GIRL!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013


Author

LostandAlone
LostandAlone

My Own Endless Hell, AZ



About
My name is Ade. I'm a very opinionated teenage writer. I'm in a relationship with a guy named James. I write poetry, stories, and books of a variety of genres. My best friends are Katie and .. more..

Writing